Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
True but also Milwaukee is only 25min away from cubland. When Milwaukee lost the braves a lot of Wisconsin people jumped on the cubs band wagon due to the fact that they were on tv and only an hour away. In Wisconsin it seems like all 9 million Chicagoans come up here to vacation and that a lot of them have second homes up here. So we really have to compete with the cubs and a ton of people from Chicago have moved up here so we have that going for us as well....which is nice.
Even though i'm a Yankee fan,i'm a BIG SUPPORTER for the underdog which includes the small market teams.When the Yanks missed the playoffs last year, I was hoping for a Milwaukee(or Cubs) vs. Tampa series.The cubs so we don't have to hear about the 100 years anymore and Tampa because you never know if they will contend again even though they look pretty good still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Quote:
and Tampa because you never know if they will contend again even though they look pretty good still.
Let me tell you that Price kid looked really good last yr. David Price.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Let me tell you that Price kid looked really good last yr. David Price.
I agree but I think that this year will be tougher.I think 2nd place in the East at best.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM

611 posts, read 1,459,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I agree but I think that this year will be tougher.I think 2nd place in the East at best.
Behind the Red Sox?

Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
Behind the Red Sox?
No,I picked the Sox 3rd this year.They are going to have alot of injuries this year,i predict.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancet71 View Post
no,i picked the sox 3rd this year.they are going to have alot of injuries this year,i predict.
lololololololololololololololololol

Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
lololololololololololololololololol
When your dealing with alot of aged players with serious injuries like Lowell,Drew,and Papi and a bunch of maybes (Baldelli,Smoltz,Penney) who aren't sure if they can still compete---thats a bit of a gamble.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
When your dealing with alot of aged players with serious injuries like Lowell,Drew,and Papi and a bunch of maybes (Baldelli,Smoltz,Penney) who aren't sure if they can still compete---thats a bit of a gamble.
Well Baldelli, Smoltz and Penny are not exactly super important, and considering the Sox's depth, they'd be fine. Overall, the Sox have a really deep team this year, so I think they can overcome any injury they incur.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Well Baldelli, Smoltz and Penny are not exactly super important, and considering the Sox's depth, they'd be fine. Overall, the Sox have a really deep team this year, so I think they can overcome any injury they incur.
Tell me if 2 starters go down who is going to replace them?Infield? Outfield?

Yanks have a bunch of starters Hughes,Kennedy,Tomko,Aceves.Infield-Angel Berroa,1st-Swisher,OF-either Gardner or Melky,and Nady or Swisher.Sox aren't backed up like that.Rays are a very young team with less of a chance of injuries so I picked them for 2nd place.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Tell me if 2 starters go down who is going to replace them?Infield? Outfield?

Yanks have a bunch of starters Hughes,Kennedy,Tomko,Aceves.Infield-Angel Berroa,1st-Swisher,OF-either Gardner or Melky,and Nady or Swisher.Sox aren't backed up like that.Rays are a very young team with less of a chance of injuries so I picked them for 2nd place.
Average age of position players:

Sox: 30
Yankees: 31
Rays: 27

Big deal...

Berroa is trash. Tomko is trash. Gardner has done nothing. Aceves has thrown 30 innings in his career. Hughes has done nothing. Kennedy was horrendous. Melky might be the worst hitting CF in baseball.

Rocco is great when healthy. Chris Carter will prove to be a great bench player (until starting in a few years). Kotsay is a solid bench player.

The Sox will be fine, and if anything happens, they have one of the three deepest farm systems in baseball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball