Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times

Advertisements

I'm going to invoke the TVSG logic: if Lebron gets 10 dunks a game, I don't see how the Spurs are going to win the series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
yeah the lakers fans, and celtics fans, and dallas fans and insert large market team name here fans always THINK their owner doesnt care how much money he spends to be competitive. in the end, THEY ALL CARE. maybe not now, but eventually.

you think the lakers owners didnt care about the 100mil (not counting tax) they spend this year to get swept in the 1st round after battling and leveraging the teams health just to make the playoffs? sure hes got some big tv deal and all but thats 100+ mil (130 minimum with tax) to get handled in the 1st round and not even close to competitively at that! they care
Wow, the Lakers lost over 180 games this season to injury. That has nothing to do with money. Just chance. So calm down, you guys won now please win the Larry O'Brien while you're at it. Cause Miami to second guess itself, and LeBrons weak little ego to go into protective mode causing him opt out in 2014 and ending up on the Lakers

Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
Wow, the Lakers lost over 180 games this season to injury. That has nothing to do with money. Just chance. So calm down, you guys won now please win the Larry O'Brien while you're at it. Cause Miami to second guess itself, and LeBrons weak little ego to go into protective mode causing him opt out in 2014 and ending up on the Lakers
it was not a shot at the lakers, calm down, i was making a point about large markets in general. and its the truth every team, no mater how much money the make is afraid to or does not want to spend money to the lux tax.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
it was not a shot at the lakers, calm down, i was making a point about large markets in general. and its the truth every team, no mater how much money the make is afraid to or does not want to spend money to the lux tax.
And this is why guys like Dan Gilbert will never sniff success. Because if you aren't going to invest and take a risk then what's the point. Collecting good picks ala the Thunder is cute and all but that isn't a sure thing every year.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
And this is why guys like Dan Gilbert will never sniff success. Because if you aren't going to invest and take a risk then what's the point. Collecting good picks ala the Thunder is cute and all but that isn't a sure thing every year.
so how do you explain the spurs? they rarely cross the tax line, have one of the least wealthy owners, and yet have the highest win % in all of sports since 1998, and 4 titles?

its not about how much you can spend, its about HOW YOU SPEND WHAT YOU HAVE.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 PM

an interesting spot on sports science on leonard.

Sport Science: Kawhi Leonard - ESPN Video - ESPN

Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
an interesting spot on sports science on leonard.

Sport Science: Kawhi Leonard - ESPN Video - ESPN
Just watched that. Really interesting bit.

I don't think you'll find anymore of a textbook "Spurs Guy" than Leonard (outside of Duncan).

Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Just watched that. Really interesting bit.

I don't think you'll find anymore of a textbook "Spurs Guy" than Leonard (outside of Duncan).
the story about him earlier, with his dad (i didnt realize his father was killed), damn thats a tough one.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
so how do you explain the spurs? they rarely cross the tax line, have one of the least wealthy owners, and yet have the highest win % in all of sports since 1998, and 4 titles?

its not about how much you can spend, its about HOW YOU SPEND WHAT YOU HAVE.
You just answered that for me. The Spurs are frugal not cheap lol they know how to spend their money and do it right. They are very well run and organized.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
Quote:
1st. the spurs interior defense is BETTER then the pacers. tims a better defender then hibbert (his numbers point that out), and splitter is leaps and bounds better on defense then west. west is a scorer 1st defender 2nd, maybe 3rd.

and what the hell are you talking about the 07 cavs, this is spurs heat, and lebron on the heat isnt the only change. this spurs team is better then the 07 spurs, which IMO were the weakest of all the 4 title teams.

dude you are grasping at straws, have yet to make a valid point or a realistic argument. so far all you have said is just silliness. UGH i hate it when people dont pay attention to a sport until the championship rounds. i mean did you only watch the superbowl or did you pay attention to any of the nfl season? how about the world series? you jump in on that bandwagon too or do you follow that boring sport all season?

now everyone knows i dont care for phil jackson BUT ill take his opinion on this one

Phil Jackson Makes 2013 NBA Finals Prediction - YouTube
You said all the Spurs need to do is let LeBron fall into the trap of trying to beat the Spurs by himself. I said LeBron has matured as a player, plus actually has a good team. I brought up the IQ argument as if these "professional NBA players" aren't aware of the fact that's a possibility of the Spurs letting LeBron fall into said trap. You brought up the instance of the Cavs, albeit indirectly. I simply pointed out that CAVS team was a squad of scrubs, to put into context...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball