Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,953,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It doesn't matter because he still said it. Those were his words. You want to give him a pass because he didn't say it publicly. So what! It's still his fault.
But don't you see the similarity between this and say Nazi Germany? When we aren't allowed to speak freely in private, we all lose. Heck, you could even draw a similarity to the NSA reading your emails.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
But don't you see the similarity between this and say Nazi Germany? When we aren't allowed to speak freely in private, we all lose. Heck, you could even draw a similarity to the NSA reading your emails.
Sorry dude but it's the world we live in today. Social media technology and the NSA isn't going anywhere, so unless you plan on actually doing something to change it, your going to have to deal with it.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
It's the world we live in today. Social media technology and the NSA isn't going anywhere, so unless you plan on actually doing something to change it, your going to have to deal with it.
Speaking about it to others is my way of doing something.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,679,553 times
Quote:
Have you ever said anything publicly or privately that could negatively impact your business partners (assuming you were in his position)?

And heck, if someone secretly follows you around and records everything you say - does that mean you've never had a private conversation in your lifetime?
Actually no. I have not said anything in public or private that would significantly damage my employers reputation. My views and morals line up so that if they were made public they would not humiliate the organization I am employed by. If this guys don't and they don't want anything to do with him anymore, well i won't shed any tears.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Actually no. I have not said anything in public or private that would significantly damage my employers reputation. My views and morals line up so that if they were made public they would not humiliate the organization I am employed by. If this guys don't and they don't want anything to do with him anymore, well i won't shed any tears.
Do you have recordings to prove that? Have you ever had a thought that could damage your employer if made vocal? This seems like a case of...didn't you know -- everyone is innocent in prison!

Old 04-26-2014, 11:39 PM

40 posts, read 39,502 times
Quote:
I was talking about the players. There is no denying that the popularity of the NBA makes up a much higher percentage in the Black population than it does the White population. It sort of similar to how there are a lot more White people on welfare than Black people but welfare it makes up a higher percentage in the Black community.

Your comment makes no sense to what I was talking about.

Though it probably won't happen, I would love to see the Clippers players take a stand and boycott the game.
You think black players will boycott the NBA and play overseas because of Sterling?

NBA makes it's money off attendance. Since most are White, the black fans don't matter much. TV deals are already in place.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
"In California, to intentionally record someone else's private conversation without their consent is a crime & civilly wrong."

Old 04-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
"In California, to intentionally record someone else's private conversation without their consent is a crime & civilly wrong."

Maybe he can work in a lawsuit somewhere. Perhaps he can take the money this girl received from the recording.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Maybe he can work in a lawsuit somewhere. Perhaps he can take the money this girl received from the recording.
Guy doesn't like blacks. Then his half-black GF secretly tape records his conversations and sells them to TMZ.

Not gonna help his opinion of blacks, that's for sure.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:50 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
You think black players will boycott the NBA and play overseas because of Sterling?

NBA makes it's money off attendance. Since most are White, the black fans don't matter much. TV deals are already in place.
So your saying the league wouldn't be hurt if Black players and fans decided to boycott the league? You do understand that this isn't the NHL or Nascar right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball