Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Cavs are definitely looking better than I thought they would at this point, and I didn't even realize they had picked up Kendrick Perkins.

However just note that it took 57 points and 7-7 3pt shooting by Irving to beat the Spurs. You're not going to get that from him more than once or twice per year. He was unconscious.
I agree. I was a good victory. I feel that they need to play like they played against Dallas. One on one ball wont work in the playoffs. Have y'all noticed that in big games that Smith, Shumpert and Mozgov seem to disappear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Worst Collapse I have seen in the NBA in a long time

How do the Spurs just stand there and watch Kyrie shoot three after three?

Plus am I the only one who thought the Game was over after Kyrie got the rebound with 2 secs left?
Some were contested...tip your hat i guess. The last second one was off balance between two defenders. At the point if you foul him in the act you lose in regulation he was putting in everything.

Sure the Cavs aren't going to get 57 from Kyrie, but part of my excitement about this team is having LeBron/Kyrie and sometimes love you get these games. Your chances of getting these games with superstars increases when you have three. Hold onto your hat folks we will get a few more of these...who knows maybe a game 7 against the Hawks

Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Sure the Cavs aren't going to get 57 from Kyrie, but part of my excitement about this team is having LeBron/Kyrie and sometimes love you get these games. Your chances of getting these games with superstars increases when you have three. Hold onto your hat folks we will get a few more of these...who knows maybe a game 7 against the Hawks
I agree with your sentiment here. I know people are quick to dismiss this game as a fluke. But I think the real story here is Kyrie going off in a "big" game. This isn't last season where he could go off in a meaningless game knowing his team was going nowhere. There's no pressure in that. This was a game against the defending champs on their floor with his team as a title contender. For a young player like Irving who has never been to the playoffs that game was a huge step forward. It proves yet again that he isn't afraid of the big moment. That could pay dividends down the road.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Save for the fact that Love definitely isn't a superstar. They've got a big two with a good supporting cast. I'll hand it to Kyrie - he's developed into a premier guard in this league. He can still be frustrating to watch, at times, but I suppose what PG isn't?

Old 03-13-2015, 11:20 AM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I agree with your sentiment here. I know people are quick to dismiss this game as a fluke. But I think the real story here is Kyrie going off in a "big" game. This isn't last season where he could go off in a meaningless game knowing his team was going nowhere. There's no pressure in that. This was a game against the defending champs on their floor with his team as a title contender. For a young player like Irving who has never been to the playoffs that game was a huge step forward. It proves yet again that he isn't afraid of the big moment. That could pay dividends down the road.
I agree, to come into Texas and take two against Dallas and Spurs, the Cavs are coming into their own now. But apart from Lebron's 31 and Irvings 57, who else on the Cavs had a good game? not just scoring wise.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:44 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^^ I love Kawhi but I too always think of how his missed free throws cost us what maybe would have been the first of a back to back championship.

Its funny, as the Spurs were up by 6 tonight with 30 seconds left I said to myself, 'we've blown larger leads than this.'

Congrats Kyrie Irving on the career game, he's a good kid, how can we hate on the guy.
Oh that's easy, be a Wizards fan and keep having people tell you he's better than John Wall.

I will say though, he is playing really well lately. He had a great game. Not sure where the Cavs are going with this but the season is getting interesting.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Darn, I missed that Cleve-SA last night--actually fell asleep early and I meant to watch it.

The Cavs arent running any plays or Mozgov, right? The Cav games I have watched, he seems to know his role to be around the rim, protect the rim, and rebound.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:52 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Darn, I missed that Cleve-SA last night--actually fell asleep early and I meant to watch it.

The Cavs arent running any plays or Mozgov, right? The Cav games I have watched, he seems to know his role to be around the rim, protect the rim, and rebound.
That's his game. They are doing a good job using him.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:15 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
That's his game. They are doing a good job using him.
Yep. Let him clean up on the scraps, the dishes and play defense.

You don't run plays for your 6th best scoring option on the floor.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:23 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
However just note that it took 57 points and 7-7 3pt shooting by Irving to beat the Spurs. You're not going to get that from him more than once or twice per year. He was unconscious.
True, but the Spurs are only going to shoot 55% (?) FG very often either. In the waning moments of regulation and all of OT, Irving and James just wanted it more than anyone wearing a Spurs uniform.

Re the Cavs D: Sometimes they've played very good D, but not consistently. They're certainly capable of playing solid D though. The Eastern Con Final between them and Atlantic should be a great series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball