Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:59 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times

Advertisements

Alright folks, let's get this kicked off with some predictions. Here are mine:

East
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Toronto Raptors
4. Washington Wizards
5. Charlotte Hornets
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Miami Heat
8. Detroit Pistons

West
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Dallas Mavericks
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Houston Rockets
7. Portland Trailblazers
8. Denver Nuggets

What are your predictions? Any surprise teams? Any big storylines you are looking out for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 01:49 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
East
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Washington Wizards
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Miami Heat
6. Charlotte Hornets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Brooklyn Nets

West
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Golden State Warriors
5. Portland Trailblazers
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. Houston Rockets
8. New Orleans Pelicans

I do think the Pistons, Nuggets and Bucks can be potential dark horses this year. Of course, I said the same about last year's Cavs

Old 10-25-2014, 04:13 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,807,596 times
Bulls home court but Cavs win ECF.

Clips win the west and the WCF over GS.

Clips over Cavs NBA finals

Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,220 times
It's really really early but I'll say:

East:
Chicago
Cleveland
Miami
Toronto
Charlotte
Washington
Atlanta
...Orlando maybe, no clue?

West:
Dallas
San Antonio
LAC
Portland
Golden State
Oklahoma City
Memphis
Phoenix

Wildcards: Minnesota, Houston and New Orleans. Minnesota is probably a year out though. New Orleans could take 7 or 8 if Davis plays MVP every night. Damn West is stacked again.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:34 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,096,237 times
Wow Dallas the #1 seed??????

Man the home brew got you bro

Old 10-25-2014, 09:56 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

I can see San Antonio being 3, 4 or even lower because they don't give a fudge and want to rest their veterans. However, I would think the clippers etc. would push their way to 1 instead.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:57 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
It's really really early but I'll say:

East:
Chicago
Cleveland
Miami
Toronto
Charlotte
Washington
Atlanta
...Orlando maybe, no clue?

West:
Dallas
San Antonio
LAC
Portland
Golden State
Oklahoma City
Memphis
Phoenix

Wildcards: Minnesota, Houston and New Orleans. Minnesota is probably a year out though. New Orleans could take 7 or 8 if Davis plays MVP every night. Damn West is stacked again.
Minnesota isn't a year out....they are a decade out.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:26 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
My top-5 in the East go as follows:

1. Cleveland
2. Washington
3. Chicago
4. Toronto
5. Miami

Even with Beal being out an entire month, Washington has the most experience together. It's a team that dominated Chicago in the playoffs last season and only stands to see younger players like Wall and Beal improve. I love the way they play, so I was a bit surprised to see them as far as 6th or 7th on one of the lists above. I might rather have Ariza overall, but Pierce still has that scorer's mentality that Ariza lacked. If they can withstand the injury to Beal for a month or so, I take them over Chicago.

As much as you're all seeming to play devil's advocate, Cleveland is first based on talent alone until it's proven that they can't mesh together, but that's just me.

A team I root for that I hope sneaks in - New York. We'll see.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:49 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Ah damn, I forgot all about the Grizzlies, who probably won't be much better or worse than last year. Oh well, too late to change now

Quote:
As much as you're all seeming to play devil's advocate, Cleveland is first based on talent alone until it's proven that they can't mesh together, but that's just me.
Well, we're just predicting the seeds right now, not who will win the whole thing. Talent alone doesn't dictate everything...as the Spurs have proven, the team concept rules more often than not. The Bulls made noise in the postseason with a very barebones roster which will have major gaps filled in by Rose & Gasol. The Cavs were my darkhorse last year (who didn't make it) based on their young talent; while they have had some major pieces added (to put it lightly), the new factor shouldn't be underrated...especially when you're talking a rookie (NBA) coach vs Thibodeau.

Last edited by Natural510; 10-26-2014 at 07:09 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 07:38 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

Not sure why you think that. They had the best off-season in the Western conference by a long shot. Tyson Chandler back, Chandler Parson pick-up, a year into the Ellis / Dirk offense that pushed San Antonio further than any other team last year, and solid depth in Felton and Rashard Lewis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball