Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 PM

573 posts, read 586,371 times

Advertisements

Now that the Lakers have the second best pick in the draft, many think they should trade Julius Randle and the #2 overall pick to the OKC Thunder for Russell Westbrook. While the Thunder don't have a need at Power Forward, this gives them a young player under contract for several years, and a high pick. The Lakers gain a superstar in Russell Westbrook and possibly can pair him with both Kobe and Love if they sign Love in offseason. Do you think Sam Presti seriously considers this? I think he does knowing that Westbrook likely walks in Free Agency, and this would be a really strong offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 07:20 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,705 times
Westbrook
Kobe
Love
Hill
DJordan

Old 05-19-2015, 07:23 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,095,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Westbrook
Kobe
Love
Hill
DJordan

Puff puff pass! Though that would be the most dysfunctional team in the league. 2 guys who don't pass, one guy who can't create his own shot, and another guy who can't hit free throws as good as an average middle schooler.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 PM

Yea that lineup seems a little unrealistic haha. But I think the trade for Westbrook is a serious possibility. However the Thunder may feel like it is 'win now' due to the fact that Durant and Westbrook probably leave in FA over the next two years. I think is it a tough decision for Presti whether or not to trade him before he loses him, or try to win now.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Puff puff pass! Though that would be the most dysfunctional team in the league. 2 guys who don't pass, one guy who can't create his own shot, and another guy who can't hit free throws as good as an average middle schooler.
I'd love to see the refs call a jump ball between Westy and Kobe and then realize they're on the same team.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:42 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,329,472 times
I always thought that Durant would win a championship, but not with Westbrook. I always thought that meant Durant bolting to DC but at least this way it could save Durant the jet lag.

Either way, looks like the Thunder empire has fallen, and without a championship.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:00 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Now that the Lakers have the second best pick in the draft, many think they should trade Julius Randle and the #2 overall pick to the OKC Thunder for Russell Westbrook. While the Thunder don't have a need at Power Forward, this gives them a young player under contract for several years, and a high pick. The Lakers gain a superstar in Russell Westbrook and possibly can pair him with both Kobe and Love if they sign Love in offseason. Do you think Sam Presti seriously considers this? I think he does knowing that Westbrook likely walks in Free Agency, and this would be a really strong offer.
Pair him with Kobe?

He shot 37% last year vs. his career mark of 45%.

He's played 41 games in the last two years.

The lakers also cannot trade their pick, at least not until after they draft them....but they cannot trade the pick itself.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/2...umors-deadline

It's going to be a long rebuild for the Lakers while they trot out Kobe's name and ability to play maybe 20 games a season to sell season tickets.

It's the Kobe farewell tour with plenty of lottery balls for the Lakers for years to come.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pair him with Kobe?

He shot 37% last year vs. his career mark of 45%.

He's played 41 games in the last two years.

The lakers also cannot trade their pick, at least not until after they draft them....but they cannot trade the pick itself.

NBA Trade Rules Help Determine Which Rumors To Ignore Ahead Of Thursday Deadline - SBNation.com

It's going to be a long rebuild for the Lakers while they trot out Kobe's name and ability to play maybe 20 games a season to sell season tickets.

It's the Kobe farewell tour with plenty of lottery balls for the Lakers for years to come.
Yea thanks for the clarification, I should have specified Lakers would draft FOR Presti then send the players. A lot of our losing I think has to do with Jim Buss being an arrogant idiot and had he not, Phil might still be there and we likely would have not lost so many players.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:16 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lol.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:25 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Hell no. I'll keep Randle and take whichever of the two big men the Wolves don't take. Along with Clarkson and a few FAs they can grab, maybe Jimmy Butler, Kawhai Leonard? Al Jefferson? I'll take a mix of that core over Westbrook any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball