Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 10:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_lepew View Post
1b) Score more than GS does.

Don't NBA coaches know that the blueprint to beating GS is right here on CD?
Most of them should already have enough sense to know based on what Golden State likes to do each game. They are a team that likes a fast pace type of game who shoots a lot of three pointers even on the break. So as a coach in the Western Conference you will know that your best chance of winning is to make it a half court type of game and defend the three point show very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
That strategy is going to work better in the playoffs when you have more time to put in a game plan. During the season, it is more difficult to execute that kind of plan; coming off back to backs and things like that. I expect to see teams really try that strategy in the playoffs

Old 04-05-2015, 02:58 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Most triple-doubles in 1 season since 1992:

Grant Hill (13)
Jason Kidd (13)
Jason Kidd (12)
Russell Westbrook (11)

Old 04-05-2015, 03:31 PM
FBJ

J.R. Smith only shot BRICKS when he played for the Knicks and now that he is playing for the Cavs everything he shoots goes in

Old 04-05-2015, 03:45 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
J.R. Smith only shot BRICKS when he played for the Knicks and now that he is playing for the Cavs everything he shoots goes in
I was shocked to find out that there are only 2 players in NBA history with multiple 10 three-pointer games, Stephen Curry did it twice and J.R. Smith 3 TIMES maybe after tonight 4.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:12 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Most of them should already have enough sense to know based on what Golden State likes to do each game. They are a team that likes a fast pace type of game who shoots a lot of three pointers even on the break. So as a coach in the Western Conference you will know that your best chance of winning is to make it a half court type of game and defend the three point show very well.
Well no ****, sherlock...that's what they've been trying to do all season. I see you never give credit to a team who wins, you only crap on the coach of the losing team for his supposed lack of motivational speeches.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well no ****, sherlock...that's what they've been trying to do all season. I see you never give credit to a team who wins, you only crap on the coach of the losing team for his supposed lack of motivational speeches.
I have given them credit recently which is why I picked them to go to the NBA Finals due to the fact they have home court advantage. And I believe a coach should know what to tell his team if they are winning late in the game since he is getting paid to help his team win games. For example, if a team is beating GS by 5 with 2 mins left the game plan from that point on should be to

1. Use up the shot clock and get a good shot

2. Defend the three pointer

Why? Because if the opposing team uses up the shot clock, extends the lead, and defends the three pointer, there is no way Golden State can win the game since they would not have enough time. And that is the situation the Suns were in the other night but could not close out the game.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:57 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,329,109 times
Spurs and Warriors are playing right now - maybe a WCF preview? Spurs are winning by 20 in the second, although they are playing in the Alamo City. Spurs are like the Seahawks of the NBA. Midway through the season Seattle had a 4-4 record I believe and even lost to St. Louis... a dominating second half and back in the Super Bowl. Are the Spurs the next team to watch out for in the conference after the Warriors?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
Spurs and Warriors are playing right now - maybe a WCF preview? Spurs are winning by 20 in the second, although they are playing in the Alamo City. Spurs are like the Seahawks of the NBA. Midway through the season Seattle had a 4-4 record I believe and even lost to St. Louis... a dominating second half and back in the Super Bowl. Are the Spurs the next team to watch out for in the conference after the Warriors?
Golden State losing tonight would not be a big deal because they have clinched everything and have nothing to play for at this time. I rather watch these two teams play each other in the month of May and June not April because by them it will be "money time"

Old 04-05-2015, 07:11 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Just a beautifully played game by the Spurs. Leonard HAS to be in the running for DPOY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball