Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 09:39 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times

Advertisements

Although I'm a Lakers fan (a tough era for the franchise) its hard not to root for other California teams, in this case the Golden State Warriors. Saw them the other night vs the Clippers in which they had huge leads and during the commentary it was said that they had the largest scoring differential in the NBA. Tonights victim, the Houston Rockets (w/o Howard) and the Warriors remain unbeaten. Initially when the Warriors replaced Mark Jackson with Steve Kerr I thought it was a bad move, since Jackson was highly liked by the players and fans. Obviously Kerr is doing something right. Will be an interesting season for the Dubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 09:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Although I'm a Lakers fan (a tough era for the franchise) its hard not to root for other California teams, in this case the Golden State Warriors. Saw them the other night vs the Clippers in which they had huge leads and during the commentary it was said that they had the largest scoring differential in the NBA. Tonights victim, the Houston Rockets (w/o Howard) and the Warriors remain unbeaten. Initially when the Warriors replaced Mark Jackson with Steve Kerr I thought it was a bad move, since Jackson was highly liked by the players and fans. Obviously Kerr is doing something right. Will be an interesting season for the Dubs.
what was wrong with dwight howard?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:49 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
what was wrong with dwight howard?
flu according to reports

Old 11-09-2014, 10:31 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,366 times
The Dubs are a big man away from being prohibitive favorites to come out of the West. I still think that their front court could use more work.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Early surprise to me is the Golden State Warriors. They normally only played well at home but now they are winning on the road

Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
The Dubs are a big man away from being prohibitive favorites to come out of the West. I still think that their front court could use more work.
Bogut is that dude, but his health is always questionable. I wish they had a better backup than Ezeli...maybe Jermaine O'Neal will want one more go before the season's done?
A lot of Warrior fans don't believe in David Lee, which is why the idea of Love was so popular, but Draymond Green is really stepping up on both sides of the court.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:50 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Bogut is that dude, but his health is always questionable. I wish they had a better backup than Ezeli...maybe Jermaine O'Neal will want one more go before the season's done?
A lot of Warrior fans don't believe in David Lee, which is why the idea of Love was so popular, but Draymond Green is really stepping up on both sides of the court.
The idea of Love was popular with everyone until Cleveland hit the golden ticket and just frankly had more to offer. Otherwise right now you might see Love in a Bulls uniform and Gasol (or someone else) in a Cleveland uniform.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:29 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
David Lee is talented but he's a horrible defender. He's a poor man's Kevin Love. He doesn't have the range of Kevin Love and he's not as talented on the block, but he is one of those efficient scorers that can rebound really well. I will say this over and over, teams that have bad defensive PF, do not win championships. I think they will have to move him and get something of value for him to go to the next level.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,366 times
Quote:
Honestly, at this point I think David Lee is done. I would support the idea of trading him for more bench depth.

Bogut's minutes managed properly could keep GSW from being 1st round playoff exits and could probably push them to the WCF. But that's a HUGE if. It's a long season though. Let's see how Kerr manages it

Old 11-10-2014, 12:11 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
David Lee is talented but he's a horrible defender. He's a poor man's Kevin Love. He doesn't have the range of Kevin Love and he's not as talented on the block, but he is one of those efficient scorers that can rebound really well. I will say this over and over, teams that have bad defensive PF, do not win championships. I think they will have to move him and get something of value for him to go to the next level.
I think Lee was the first player the Knicks drafted to make an all-star game since the 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball