Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Two shocks tonight

1. Sixers coming back to beat the Heat in Miami after being down 23 in the 3rd qtr

2. Lakers blowing out Golden State at home without Kobe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 06:36 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
The Bulls outclassed the Wizards last night. They looked really sharp. Rose had 25 points, pretty much got to the basket a ton and hit some beautiful floaters. They also kept running pick and roll with Gasol and there was no answer about the Wizards. One thing that stood out in this game on the Wizards side is John Wall had a spurt in the 4th quarter where he was going directly at Derrick Rose on the fast break and no one could do anything about it. I think if both stay healthy, it is going to add another great element to what is starting to become a rivalry.

With all that said, I see the Bulls making a run soon. They are really looking good on offense and they have some great chemistry between Rose and Gasol, much like what was expected when they had Boozer.

Atlanta continues to show us why they are one of the best in the East. Beating the Clippers. They have been on quite a run as of late. They look like they are for real. I think they need one more trade for a big, who is a shot blocker and I honestly think they will be in that top 4-5 teams easily.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:27 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
The Bulls outclassed the Wizards last night. They looked really sharp. Rose had 25 points, pretty much got to the basket a ton and hit some beautiful floaters. They also kept running pick and roll with Gasol and there was no answer about the Wizards. One thing that stood out in this game on the Wizards side is John Wall had a spurt in the 4th quarter where he was going directly at Derrick Rose on the fast break and no one could do anything about it. I think if both stay healthy, it is going to add another great element to what is starting to become a rivalry.

With all that said, I see the Bulls making a run soon. They are really looking good on offense and they have some great chemistry between Rose and Gasol, much like what was expected when they had Boozer.

Atlanta continues to show us why they are one of the best in the East. Beating the Clippers. They have been on quite a run as of late. They look like they are for real. I think they need one more trade for a big, who is a shot blocker and I honestly think they will be in that top 4-5 teams easily.
Atlanta has beaten 5 good teams in a row.

Before that I was a little hestiant because they'd not had that tough of a schedule but no question at this point about them being legit.

Right now I put them top 2 in the east.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:28 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post

Probably stems from Team USA's decision to take Rose over Wall. Wall actually performed better than Rose and still got cut. Keep in mind, Rose hadn't played in like two years and was very rusty but he stayed on the team despite Wall outshining him. I read somewhere that Thibodeau wanted to use the WC to shake the rust of of Rose. I can see why Wall would have a problem with that.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:18 AM

Old event but I thought that this was nice:

Vince Carter Tribute

Vince Carter Tribute 2

Dude should have been a Raptor for life but management screwed that up.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Old event but I thought that this was nice:

Vince Carter Tribute

Vince Carter Tribute 2

Dude should have been a Raptor for life but management screwed that up.

Unless a star can deliver a NBA Title, franchise normally don't hold on to them for their entire career. I can't think of one star player who was drafted and stayed his whole career without winning a title

Old 12-24-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Unless a star can deliver a NBA Title, franchise normally don't hold on to them for their entire career. I can't think of one star player who was drafted and stayed his whole career without winning a title
John Stockton & Reggie Miller comes to mind.
Vince was drafted by the Warriors then traded.

Last edited by Chevalier de Saint-George; 12-24-2014 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: added a wrong player.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:45 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
low-risk/high reward for rockets in getting josh smith. he is only going to be 2.0mil bi exception which comes out to be 1.3mil prorated...not bad. if he doesnt play well, they can cut him. they really didnt have to give up any player to get him, thus a good situation. more importantly, this prevents other contenders from getting him.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:47 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
low-risk/high reward for rockets in getting josh smith. he is only going to be 2.0mil bi exception which comes out to be 1.3mil prorated...not bad. if he doesnt play well, they can cut him. they really didnt have to give up any player to get him, thus a good situation. more importantly, this prevents other contenders from getting him.
Houston now has two limp-wristed cry-babies to contend with. And guess what, they are BFF's!

Kobe and K.D. knows what i'm talking about!

Old 12-24-2014, 07:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
John Stockton & Reggie Miller comes to mind.
Vince was drafted by the Warriors then traded.
Those players made the Finals

Vince Carter team didn't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball