Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 04:34 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
1:37 says it all.

"We have no timeouts?"

I'm surprised Smith is still alive.
Totally agree.

The real question is where will LBJ go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 AM

331 posts, read 253,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yep, seems as he also lost faith in Lue for not screaming time out when the situation started to unravel. Lebron looked like he tried to get the time out, before JR passed to Hill, but the official never saw it. So he may be thinking where was Lue? I think he's gone and can only hope he goes to Lakers or Houston to get the whiny Warriors out of the Finals next year.
Much better to head to Philly.

Houston reminds me of the situation he just left in Miami, with an aging core and supplemental players that will all get gutted out to make room for Lebron.

Him + PG in La will not defeat the Warriors.

Him + Simmons, Covington, Embiid, and Saric off the bench is a potentially nasty unit. Plus, the east, at the present moment is just Philly, Boston and who?

Old 06-06-2018, 10:21 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post

Houston reminds me of the situation he just left in Miami, with an aging core and supplemental players that will all get gutted out to make room for Lebron.

Him + Simmons, Covington, Embiid, and Saric off the bench is a potentially nasty unit. Plus, the east, at the present moment is just Philly, Boston and who?
How about Boston or Miami?

Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM

1,156 posts, read 987,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post

But I want the Warriors not even to be in the Finals next year, at least with this cast of characters. I wouldn't be so sure that Lebron and the Lakers couldn't beat the Warriors if they plan free agency right. If not next year, maybe in 2020. At the Rockets, I would bet a lot that they would beat the Warriors next year. It would be a Durant situation all over again. Either way, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
But I want the Warriors not even to be in the Finals next year, at least with this cast of characters. I wouldn't be so sure that Lebron and the Lakers couldn't beat the Warriors if they plan free agency right. If not next year, maybe in 2020. At the Rockets, I would bet a lot that they would beat the Warriors next year. It would be a Durant situation all over again. Either way, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
The Rockets have two big questions this offseason: Capela and CP3--both will be much more expensive than they were this year. I don't think the Rockets have an alternative to signing them to big deals. 3 major rotation pieces also have to be dealt with: Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and Gerald Green. There's an off chance that Ariza might be cheaper than he is now, but I doubt the others will be. A lot of Houston's key pieces are aging: CP3, Ariza, Tucker, LRMAM, Green. Several of the players no longer under contract will be looking for their last long-term deal, and Houston is at risk for losing one or more of them. I think this year may have been their best shot at the Warriors. Maybe next year is equivalent--maybe not.

The Lakers would need a totally different roster to compete. That would almost certainly mean packaging one or both of Ball & Ingram with Deng to return a 3rd star, on top of signing LBJ and another max free agent--then filling out the roster with cheap vets capable of contributing. It's possible, but there would be a lot of moving parts. It could be an interesting roster, but I don't see it threatening the Warriors next year. Maybe in 2.

I think LeBron's best chances are in the East. Boston (would need to move Kyrie or Hayward and a couple of others) or Miami seem ideal, to me. Miami would also need to shed major salary. I'm thinking they would want to move Tyler Johnson or Dragic & they would need to move James Johnson, and they may also need to move Olynyk or Josh Richardson. Whiteside, Waiters, LBJ, Winslow, and (ideally) Dragic could prove very good--maybe good enough to win.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Whitesides, Waiters, Dragic, Winslow? I see people talking about how much they suck once Lebron can’t win with them.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:59 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Expect the Cavs to make a comeback for the win tonight, home court makes a huge advantage.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Expect the Cavs to make a comeback for the win tonight, home court makes a huge advantage.
And it's a must-win game for them. I would be surprised if the Warriors win tonight. Happy, but surprised.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
And it's a must-win game for them. I would be surprised if the Warriors win tonight. Happy, but surprised.
So far it is not looking too promising for the Cavs.

Lebron only has six points and he looks lackluster still.

Ominously, Curry has only two points and Klay three points, and yet they pulled within one point of the Cavs by end of first period.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:45 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
I think Warriors win...they took the Cavs best shot like it was nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball