Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 10:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

If you like shootin' then this must be like a dream come true. This place seems to be extremely sophisticated and expansive.

Sneak peek at the new CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park opening Wednesday | AL.com

Quote:
Talladega Marksmanship Park will offer shooting enthusiasts a wide selection of shooting disciplines from centerfire, rimfire rifle and pistol shooting to several stations for shotgunning.
The centerpiece of the project is a fully electronic scoring system on a rifle range featuring yardage positions at 200-300-600 yards on a terraced site. Above this range sits the 13,000 square foot clubhouse featuring ornate stone work and spectacular views of the complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:57 AM

779 posts, read 1,010,156 times
Does anybody know anything about this Flats on 4th apartment development listed as previously approved?
Design Review: April 30, 2015

Old 05-05-2015, 10:15 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamoutlook View Post
Does anybody know anything about this Flats on 4th apartment development listed as previously approved?
Design Review: April 30, 2015
Given the address of 300 16th Street South, I am left to assume that is what was formerly going to be L&N Parkside (Developers pull plug on L&N Parkside apartment and retail project near Birmingham Railroad Park | AL.com). That would make sense because in those renderings, it did formerly "span the alley" and have a separate parking deck which have been eliminated.

However, I have not seen any article from al.com or the BBJ indicating the developer had resubmitted plans for the property... but I guess they have?

Old 05-05-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Given the address of 300 16th Street South, I am left to assume that is what was formerly going to be L&N Parkside (Developers pull plug on L&N Parkside apartment and retail project near Birmingham Railroad Park | AL.com). That would make sense because in those renderings, it did formerly "span the alley" and have a separate parking deck which have been eliminated.

However, I have not seen any article from al.com or the BBJ indicating the developer had resubmitted plans for the property... but I guess they have?
Well, they pulled the plug due to financing. I think they were trying to do something with HUD? There was some issue with so many units being built at once. I can't imagine things having changed sense then... None of the units at these other buildings have been completed/leased. I do think there will be an issue getting all of them rented out as quickly as they would hope. I think they will all eventually be leased but I don't think there's a waiting list of 2,000 people sitting around waiting to move downtown.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:34 AM

A great and important project that well help fill in the smaller gaps all across downtown I think...

Rotary Trail begins construction - Birmingham Business Journal

Quote:
Crews began working on the highly-anticipated Centennial project for the Rotary Club of Birmingham earlier this week, said Bill Jones, co-chair of the Centennial project.

Jones also said the project will take eight to 10 months if crews do not run into any major obstacles, but he expects the Rotary Trail will actually take 10 to 12 months, due to a lot of the unknowns about the structure of the walls along the cut.
The Rotary Trail will turn the old railroad cut in the center of First Avenue South between 20th Street South and 24th Street into a linear park that will connect the Parkside district to Sloss Furnaces.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Developers plan dual-branded Hilton hotel near Railroad Park - Birmingham Business Journal

Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM

Ahh, fantastic. Another strong development announcement before the weekend.

Quote:
The proposed hotel would be located at the corner of Second Avenue South and 17th Street, directly across the street from Shannon Waltchack’s Railroad Square development. It would be just blocks away from Children's of Alabama and UAB Hospital, which each draw a heavy number of visitors to the area.
The hotel project would be dual-branded, meaning it would include two separate Hilton brands on the property that share some, but not all, amenities. The dual-branded hotel concept has been growing in popularity.
Hilton's portfolio includes Embassy Suites, Double Tree, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and several others, as well as Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Sources have not confirmed which brands are being targeted for the project.
Maybe one will be an event style upper end brand, and one a more budget minded offering for people having to stay near the hospitals for sick family.

Paris sure loves Birmingham.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:29 AM

So exciting!!!!

Developers plan dual-branded Hilton hotel near Railroad Park - Birmingham Business Journal

Old 05-08-2015, 10:36 AM

Such great momentum building. More cranes going up. We're close to one sizable announcement per week here lately.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Some possibilities. Hoping they do something at least 10 floors.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area