Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 04:58 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I just finished The Girls by Lori Lansens. Oh, man. That just about killed me dead. What a story.

I have had her Rush Home Road on my list forever. Thanks for this new one.

I'm not sure what I'll read next. It's a toss up between Bettyville, Florence Gordon, and The Seven Good Years. I'm not ready to decide today, though.
Hmm…tough choice. Those all sound good. Can't wait to hear which one you choose and how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
The Girls will be added to my LIST.
I finished The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy 2 days ago. It was possibly one of the best books I have read.
I loved it. I actually re-read a few of the ending chapters which is something I never do. It was so beautifully written, just captured my mind and my heart.
Can you tell I highly recommend it (and yes,wish I had people to discuss it with).

Please do yourselves a favor and read it.

Added it to my library hold list…thanks.

next up- Confederacy of Dunces which I have never read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The first three books in the series that I am reading and totally enjoying is offered free on Amazon today.

Bellingwood Boxed Set: Books 1-3 by Diane Greenwood Muir
Yay Get it if you don't have this. Ketabcha has been telling us about this one for a long time

I will be starting something today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 05:02 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,023,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hmm…tough choice. Those all sound good. Can't wait to hear which one you choose and how it is.
Ha! We were typing at the same time. My answer is right before your question.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,114 times
I started Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert last night. I think several of you rad it months ago, but I'm just getting to it. So far, so good, but the best part is that I'm reading it on my new Kindle Paperwhite which I am loving. Now I can read at night without having the light on!!!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I started Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert last night. I think several of you rad it months ago, but I'm just getting to it. So far, so good, but the best part is that I'm reading it on my new Kindle Paperwhite which I am loving. Now I can read at night without having the light on!!!
I read it and loved it. I hope that you love it too. Enjoy the new Kindle!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:01 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,321,218 times
I am or was reading Faithfull, an autobiography by Marianne Faithfull. I am not too sure how I came across it while browsing books, and I read the sample and thought to myself, This is just the book for right now! And so I bought it. And the next morning I wondered why it had seemed like the right book for right now.

It isn't the book and I am going to force myself to read it because I bought it, dammit, and hope that I will get back into the mood for the book. She has a collaborator and I do think that the book is well-written and has depth. I just might not be in the mood for depth right now.

Faithfull: An Autobiography: Marianne Faithfull, David Dalton: 9780815410461: Amazon.com: Books

Old 07-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I am or was reading Faithfull, an autobiography by Marianne Faithfull. I am not too sure how I came across it while browsing books, and I read the sample and thought to myself, This is just the book for right now! And so I bought it. And the next morning I wondered why it had seemed like the right book for right now.

It isn't the book and I am going to force myself to read it because I bought it, dammit, and hope that I will get back into the mood for the book. She has a collaborator and I do think that the book is well-written and has depth. I just might not be in the mood for depth right now.

Faithfull: An Autobiography: Marianne Faithfull, David Dalton: 9780815410461: Amazon.com: Books
Return it!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:37 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,321,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Return it!
You're right. I didn't even think of that.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:46 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,133 times
I'm reading Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison. I'm really enjoying it, however, the victim role she plays is kind of stupid. Doesn't man I don't like the book though

Old 07-03-2015, 01:51 PM

496 posts, read 395,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Yippee, so glad you have your Paper White! Enjoy!

Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 PM

496 posts, read 395,735 times
I want to wish all my book forum friends a happy and safe Independence Day!!! Hopefully more time for our reading pleasures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books