Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,356,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
This thread is not about Katrina. . If there's one thing I'm tired of talking about, that's it. This thread is about a police lock down, and whether that is a reasonable thing to accommodate in times of danger. I hold that it is not.
Why do you hold that lock down was not reasonable? Not in the hypothetical but specific to what you knew about this case and the suspects prior to suspect 2 being apprehended?

What would your course of action been had you been a resident, with your family in this neighborhood? Where would you have gone presuming you refused, as you stated on another post, you told the authorities "hell no"? Would you have gone bearing arms? And how forceful would you be willing to be with the police officers, whom you have accused of violating your constitutional rights?

Finally, to the hypothetical. If your actions caused the death of a police officer or a family member, would you still feel your actions were justified to protect your constitutional rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM

10 posts, read 8,753 times
Where's the proof that these guys actually did it? They had backpacks?

Guilty until prooved not guilty! Someone had to pay for this with their life.

Is this American justice and democracy?

Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethyneighbour View Post

Do innocent people when being chased by the police throw bombs at them? That's just my opinion though. Clearly, there will be a trial and at it's conclusion I have no doubt this scum bag will be found guilty.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
Quote:
I have read this post several times now and I still have no idea what point you are trying to make. You do understand that Nazi Germany was a police state, right? And aren't we all posting on the internet under pseudonyms?
There are people on CD who post under their real names.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
Quote:
This is ridiculous. The guy speaks out about overextension of police policies, and you accuse him of hiding something? In your fantasy world, anybody who doesn't like an overwhelming police presence is possibly a terrace?
I prefer patios.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Do innocent people when being chased by the police throw bombs at them? That's just my opinion though. Clearly, there will be a trial and at it's conclusion I have no doubt this scum bag will be found guilty.
Yes - most innocent people in Cambridge don't car jack people and tell the person they carjack "we are the Boston Marathon bombers", nor do the have a several identical bombs in their homes, nor will most Cambridge kids hide under a boat bleeding to death until discovered by Police and then fire 20 shots at the officers.

And it may surprise some people, but most Cambridge kids don't have any bombs at all.

Other than that, yeah, granted, we assume they are innocent until proven guilty.

But that does bring up a question. What kind of guns did they have, where did they get them? Were the registered legally? And what about all that ammo - where did they acquire that? I can't think of a gun store in Cambridge.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethyneighbour View Post

Ummm... they carjacked a person's vehicle at gunpoint, then shot and killed an MIT police officer (for no good reason as he was just sitting in his patrol car and not chasing or confronting them), AND shot at pursuing law enforcement (injuring a MBTA officer)... AND threw explosives at pursing LEO's... and the suspect that was killed was wearing an explosives laden vest and shooting at police.

The lesson here is that if you are innocent, DON'T run from LEO's while trying to kill them with guns and bombs.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm... they carjacked a person's vehicle at gunpoint, then shot and killed an MIT police officer (for no good reason as he was just sitting in his patrol car and not chasing or confronting them), AND shot at pursuing law enforcement (injuring a MBTA officer)... AND threw explosives at pursing LEO's... and the suspect that was killed was wearing an explosives laden vest and shooting at police.

The lesson here is that if you are innocent, DON'T run from LEO's while trying to kill them with guns and bombs.
For those who did not have an opportunity to attend Harvard, here's a free primer that the Marathon Scum apparently missed.

Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police! - YouTube

Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
All according to who? CNN? So he shoots and kills an officer, then hijacks a car and then according to the same press he releases the driver with no harm? If he was a terrorist and mass murderer, why the heck would he hijack a car and release the owner unharmed? That is something that doesn't seem right. His father, mother and friends all say they are not terrorists. None of it makes sense.

Every day people die via shootings and crime, and yet the cities are never locked down. As soon as the word terrorist is used, their goes your rights. Don't you people see it? This is simply a test to see how far people can be pushed around. It is sad in my opinion.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
All according to who? CNN? So he shoots and kills an officer, then hijacks a car and then according to the same press he releases the driver with no harm? If he was a terrorist and mass murderer, why the heck would he hijack a car and release the owner unharmed? That is something that doesn't seem right. His father, mother and friends all say they are not terrorists. None of it makes sense.

Every day people die via shootings and crime, and yet the cities are never locked down. As soon as the word terrorist is used, their goes your rights. Don't you people see it? This is simply a test to see how far people can be pushed around. It is sad in my opinion.
All I can do is shake my head at this.

Or throw up.

Take your pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston