Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 02:25 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
The guy speaks out about overextension of police policies, and you accuse him of hiding something?
Not exactly, but I respect the fact that you have to distort what others write into something easy to argue against.

Quote:
In your fantasy world, anybody who doesn't like an overwhelming police presence is possibly a terrace?
This isn't about not liking something. Heck, I don't like it either. This isn't about anything as trivial as what we like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:30 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,947,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Not exactly, but I respect the fact that you have to distort what others write into something easy to argue against.

This isn't about not liking something. Heck, I don't like it either. This isn't about anything as trivial as what we like.
It really didn't take much distortion to make your comments into something completely ridiculous.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
More vacuous nonsense. Are you done with the self-gratification? Any chance of getting you to stick to the topic?

Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
They didn't kill innocent people because they were Muslim, they killed innocent people because they were mentally unstable failures. The vast majority of Muslims don't kill anyone. Just like most Christians don't kill people but you still get some nutcases blowing up abortion clinics.

Also, the people in this thread saying that it's peoples own fault if they don't have enough money to afford a day off work. The guy who got his legs blown off, even though he has insurance, is having to pay $1,000,000 medical fees because of the ridiculous American systems of health care where people get billed for medical treatment that I'm assuming you're in favour of. But I guess it's "his fault" that he didn't have a million dollars set aside for the day he got blown up by a terrorist. Christ.
I can't believe you're comparing a day's of lost wages to a poor person who lost his legs. Amazing. And yes, there is something wrong with any American who has all his limbs and is not mentally ill for not having a day's wages saved in the bank.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 04-20-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
More vacuous nonsense. Are you done with the self-gratification? Any chance of getting you to stick to the topic?
Ok, again, the topic is the lockdown.

I live in a dangerous neighborhood. There are many people who probably, unbeknownst to me, walk down the streets at any given time with illegal weapons. Would I consent to my neighborhood being locked down for that reason? No, no, and hell no.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Ok, again, the topic is the lockdown.

I live in a dangerous neighborhood. There are many people who probably, unbeknownst to me, walk down the streets at any given time with illegal weapons. Would I consent to my neighborhood being locked down for that reason? No, no, and hell no.
Yea, we're all well aware of how well, or not so well, things work in NO during travesty. The differences by region are striking in this country.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM

577 posts, read 670,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't believe you're comparing a day's of lost wages to a poor person who lost his legs. Amazing. And yes, there is something wrong with any American who has all his limbs and is not mentally ill for not having a day's wages saved in the bank.
No, I'm saying that if he doesn't get enough donations, the medical expenses (and lack of ability to work) are going to eat up all of his savings so that could be living day to day. Which totally isn't his fault. Stop judging people for not having as much money as you (regardless of why they're in that situation) and try having some compassion.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, we're all well aware of how well, or not so well, things work in NO during travesty. The differences by region are striking in this country.
When all else fails, attack me for something I had nothing to do with. You're not winning this argument, whether you know it or not.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
No, I'm saying that if he doesn't get enough donations, the medical expenses (and lack of ability to work) are going to eat up all of his savings so that could be living day to day. Which totally isn't his fault. Stop judging people for not having as much money as you (regardless of why they're in that situation) and try having some compassion.
Again, it's not remotely comparable. And it has nothing to do with compassion on my part, but laziness on the part of some Americans. There is simply no excuse for any able-bodied American. I just don't buy it and to be clear, I don't come from money. Go spend a handful of Saturdays collecting cans to save for that day's wages if needed.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
When all else fails, attack me for something I had nothing to do with. You're not winning this argument, whether you know it or not.
It's not an attack on you. It's a valid comparison. Look at the various events that have taken place over the past number of years around the country and you will see a trend. There are population differences that account for it. That cannot be denied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston