Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 08:31 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Dude, they were throwing urine and rocks at the police.

Were you there? That stuff was so over blown, and mostly caused by the over aggressive tactics of the police. Almost everyone I'm good friends with was there. It was largely peaceful, except for a few people that didn't take kindly to the police's aggressiveness. The police was pretty good overall, just a few made errors, and a handful of kids also made similar errors.

Though, the police in this country have a long history of aligning themselves with the far right, and the far right has been working for decades in infiltrating the police force and military. Heck, a police chief captain was recently exposed as an avowed Nazi:

http://kfor.com/2017/08/28/interim-o...-nazi-website/

This is happening all over. Don't say Oklahoma is not Boston, you would be fooling yourself if you don't think it happens here.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:41 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
I have tons of lefty friends, a couple of them went (most didn't because they have lives). My friends said they were a bit uncomfortable with some of the stuff happening there, and not from the "Nazis."

Old 08-29-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I have tons of lefty friends, a couple of them went (most didn't because they have lives). My friends said they were a bit uncomfortable with some of the stuff happening there, and not from the "Nazis."

LOL, their "lives" are more important than countering hate. Got it. Yeah, sitting on the beach, or another hike or mountain bike ride, or whatever, is far more important. Haha.

If the hate groups become so scared of counter protests that they crawl back in their little basements, all the better.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, their "lives" are more important than countering hate. Got it.

If the hate groups become so scared of counter protests that they crawl back in their little basements, all the better.
LOL!

Yes, not everyone (even most left-leaning folks) is a hyperventilating juvenile and thinks the nazis have taken over the USA.

Even if hate groups are a problem, this protest did not do anything. Mostly just self-congratulation.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:47 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
They are both corrupt losers in bed with whomever they owed debts to. the fact that we are choosing to fight against each other in with what they want you to believe are the real issues (race, gender, sexual preference) is all noise. It's distracting people from actually standing up together and fighting the real enemy. And like Timberline stated. The real enemy was both of those baboons running to be the head baboon. The real enemy are the people that make it hard for each of us to have a normal life so they can keep their extravagance in check. The real enemy is greed. The real enemy is Pahrma, The real enemy is Insurance, The real enemy is wall street.But it's easier to say. hey these people hate you.fight amongst eachother because it looks like you are close to catching on.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
LOL!

Yes, not everyone (even most left-leaning folks) is a hyperventilating juvenile and thinks the nazis have taken over the USA.

Even if hate groups are a problem, this protest did not do anything. Mostly just self-congratulation.

Did you notice who is president? A racist and xenophobe? That had far right hate media representatives in his senior staff.

That's close enough to "taking over" the country for me.

We've become FAR FAR FAR too permissive. It's good to see people getting riled up.

Maybe you agree with their policies, so you call other people "juvenile". What is juvenile is freaking adult Nazis, racists, etc playing with their militias and organizing under the guise of "free speech" or protectin the "history" of jim crow era oppressive symbols. That's juvenile, and dangerous.

This, and other counter protests, have given hate groups paused and caused them to cancel or scale back many of their events. That is a success.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
They are both corrupt losers in bed with whomever they owed debts to. the fact that we are choosing to fight against each other in with what they want you to believe are the real issues (race, gender, sexual preference) is all noise. It's distracting people from actually standing up together and fighting the real enemy. And like Timberline stated. The real enemy was both of those baboons running to be the head baboon. The real enemy are the people that make it hard for each of us to have a normal life so they can keep their extravagance in check. The real enemy is greed. The real enemy is Pahrma, The real enemy is Insurance, The real enemy is wall street.But it's easier to say. hey these people hate you.fight amongst eachother because it looks like you are close to catching on.

I agree with most of this, which is why citizen united, private funded campaigns, the two party system, all need to go for us to really get anywhere.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Did you notice who is president? A racist and xenophobe? That had far right hate media representatives in his senior staff.

That's close enough to "taking over" the country for me.

We've become FAR FAR FAR too permissive. It's good to see people getting riled up.

Maybe you agree with their policies, so you call other people "juvenile". What is juvenile is freaking adult Nazis, racists, etc playing with their militias and organizing under the guise of "free speech" or protectin the "history" of jim crow era oppressive symbols. That's juvenile, and dangerous.

This, and other counter protests, have given hate groups paused and caused them to cancel or scale back many of their events. That is a success.
I see what you did there! "maybe you agree." Classic!

I don't play tiki torch parties and I don't pat myself on the back for taking an anti-Nazi stance.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:53 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Liar? Probably. Crook? Who knows. No reason to believe she is. But politicians are suspect, of course.

We KNOW Trump lied non stop. We know he is a crook. Been convicted of it.
Seriously? At least Trump's transgressions didn't put our national security in jeopardy. Hillary was ALREADY in a position of public trust.

Quote:
She lost because she doesn't have much charisma, and took the election for granted. She received far more votes, but our system makes rural voters votes to be 2-4x more impactful than urban voters.
And because her husband's (heavily influenced by her) policies that caused economic devastation across much of the country.

Quote:
And everyone I know would love to go back to the Clinton economy. He compromised too much with the Republican party, which did get some bad results, but without compromise nothing gets done. At least things got done with him.
The "Clinton Economy", we are still feeling the effects of. To people shortsighted enough to give him credit for the artificial/short term growth we saw during his tenure, I suppose yes. Anyone digs carefully into the policies of his that resulted in the housing crisis, skyrocketing debt, international terrorism that was allowed to thrive unchecked, and loss in the standing of the middle class; do not have nostalgia for his administration. Of course the Republicans at the time played a part in it as well, they are also garbage.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
The "Clinton Economy", we are still feeling the effects of. To people shortsighted enough to give him credit for the artificial/short term growth we saw during his tenure, I suppose yes. Anyone digs carefully into the policies of his that resulted in the housing crisis, skyrocketing debt, international terrorism that was allowed to thrive unchecked, and loss in the standing of the middle class; do not have nostalgia for his administration. Of course the Republicans at the time played a part in it as well, they are also garbage.

Oh no, for that, you can blame Reagan's tax policies and fights against labor.

Quote:
Seriously? At least Trump's transgressions didn't put our national security in jeopardy. Hillary was ALREADY in a position of public trust. .

Neither did HRC's. She made a mistake that many other senior officials have made. Heck, the former Director of the CIA did the same thing from his house in Belmont.

Now, Trump's collusion and business entanglements certainly has threatened our national security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston