Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:40 AM

879 posts, read 1,631,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That would be like someone from Buffalo talking about the Italian or Polish food in El Paso and switching city names on everything else.
This, ^^, dead on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 AM

223 posts, read 732,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That would be like someone from Buffalo talking about the Italian or Polish food in El Paso and switching city names on everything else.
LOL!!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 AM

341 posts, read 684,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss13 View Post
Buffalo didn't seem to have many good areas when I stopped there on my way to Toronto. It was an old, dirty, disgusting border town that would make the perfect setting for a horror film. Not to mention boring. There was nothing going on. And the Mexican food left a lot to be desired.
Did you just see the 190 or the 90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
^^^^ Dead on. Although, I don't think I met anyone in El Paso trying to pass off Italian or Polish food lol

Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheITGuy View Post
Elmwood/Military are the same ramps. And, yes, you named all of the ramps. All of which are about 10 minutes from just about anywhere in Tonawanda.

And, as I said, I find it a bit irritating, since I am used to being able to hop onto a ramp in under 2 minutes. My brother agrees, he finds it irritating (He lives in Tonawanda). The roads in Tonawanda? Got not issues with them, they do a fine job maintaining their roads. However, they are not in as close proximity to the major highways are other areas in WNY are.

So, yes. We are here to give information. Sometimes, opinions are valid information.
Ok, so what you are saying is your opinion iis you need to live near a ramp as a priority? Well, I guess my priorities are different. I live live over 12 miles out east from the airport and that is where the closest ramps to any expressway are. Personally, I prefer NOT to live by the expessways

Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Ok, so what you are saying is your opinion iis you need to live near a ramp as a priority? Well, I guess my priorities are different. I live live over 12 miles out east from the airport and that is where the closest ramps to any expressway are. Personally, I prefer NOT to live by the expessways
I'm glad you are happy. I was pointing out something that could be considered irritating to some, as well as something to be mindful of.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochie217 View Post
My Job is in Tonawanda and I hate driving in the snow so I need a close by safe neighborhood apartment, townhouse, o condo preferably! Thanks for any help!
IT Guy:

See what I was answering?
The "I hate driving in snow" mostly tells those of us here for long times that a person wants to live close to work.
The job is in Tonawanda.
They plow well.
You really do not need the expressways if you want to live in Tonawanda and work there, so the need to be on a ramp in 2 min. is not a necessity here
Did you miss that before?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
IT Guy:

See what I was answering?
The "I hate driving in snow" mostly tells those of us here for long times that a person wants to live close to work.
The job is in Tonawanda.
They plow well.
So does Kenmore. And, Kenmore offers closer proximity to more than just Tonawanda.

Quote:
You really do not need the expressways if you want to live in Tonawanda and work there, so the need to be on a ramp in 2 min. is not a necessity here
Did you miss that before?
You do need the expressways if you desire to go anywhere BUT Tonawanda. So, no matter what, expressways are important.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 55,932 times
Default !!plz help asap!!

Hi!! we are thinking to relocate to buffalo and we're muslims so we want to locate in a muslim area, could someone please tell me the muslim areas in buffalo??

Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 AM

879 posts, read 1,631,737 times
There's not really a muslim area per se. There are high concentrations of arabic / muslim populations in Lackawanna (Yemeni mostly I believe).

Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM

48 posts, read 101,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss13 View Post
Buffalo didn't seem to have many good areas when I stopped there on my way to Toronto. It was an old, dirty, disgusting border town that would make the perfect setting for a horror film. Not to mention boring. There was nothing going on. And the Mexican food left a lot to be desired.
Did you pass thru the east side for 5 minutes or something? Sure, Buffalo has plenty of low income and run down neighborhoods, but it also has a very vibrant art and music and theater scene, lots of energetic and enthusiastic people actively engaged doing things they love, and many really excellent restaurants (I grew up in NYC, have travelled extensively, and live half the year in Italy, so I have a lot to compare the restaurants to). The parks are beautiful and there is always someplace new to explore. Buffalo is really a hidden gem.

The one thing in your statement I do agree with is the lack of good quality Mexican. Cantina Loco opened recently to fill the void, but it leaves a lot to be desired. When I need a good Mexican meal, I drive all the way to Medina to go to Mariachi Del Oro (they make their tortillas by hand daily, and you can really taste the difference).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area