Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 14,031 times

Advertisements

I live in Canada, and am a franchisee of Canada bread. We were just bought out by Bimbo. Any thoughts as to what yo expect from them as owners? Are they fair with their distributors? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 14,015 times
I know this is a little off topic, but I am considering buying a tastykake route or a mission route. Any insight into these type of routes would be great.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:48 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
As a former Canuck from Ontario to the US and now in (Rosarito Mx)....just bought a loaf of Bimbo bread yesterday and thought it was just a local Mexican bakery....we live and learn...don't we.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM

21 posts, read 97,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris vito View Post
I know this is a little off topic, but I am considering buying a tastykake route or a mission route. Any insight into these type of routes would be great.
Late reply..

Erm, here in NY, tastykake is a complete disaster. Stale city. Does not sell anywhere. I had a tasty cake vendor give me 4 big boxes FULL of tasty cake stales every single week for me, for a month straight, to give out to others because he was getting so many. I see boxes and boxes of this stuff in the back room in every single supermarket I deliver to, even the busy stores.

Little Debbie cake route? Yeah, Id definately go check that one out. They do monster sales in the stores I deliver to at least. But Ive never seen those routes for sale online..

As for mission tortilla, I'd look into it. Here in ny, they have space in walmart stores(at least the ones I deliver to), Id look into it to see if this brand is in most of the major local supermarkets and other chain stores like Target, etc. If it is a straight up cash route with no chain supermarkets, meh..no..unless the route is doing 8-9k a week in sales, minimum, then maybe. But I am biased, I hate straight up cash routes with no big supermarkets to anchor it.

All I know about mission is, a few years back here in NY, those routes were for sale as "startup routes", you could buy one for 5k. About a year ago, I looked on craigslist and other sites, there were 8 or so in the NY area for sale at the same time for over 100k, people were cashing out.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 13,895 times
Oreo1981,

I'm in the process of talking to flower foods to purchase a wonder bread route... As we speak they are establishing these route so they can sell to the employee working them first an then to outside investors if they are still available....few questions... Is it truly wise to work for them first in a route to prove you can own it? They are telling me they are selling 10 to 1... Is that information correct and accurate?

I have been in a few supermarkets lately to see how wonder bread/tastey cake stacks up against everyone else and they are getting over powered by bimbo brands... Now I know that is a small sample size but is there anything to worry about regarding this?

Also anything else to know or be concerned regarding wonder bread routes?

Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 13,758 times
Boomer,

Any idea when the Flowers routes for wonderbread will start shipping? In particular to Wal-Mart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer26 View Post
Oreo1981,

I'm in the process of talking to flower foods to purchase a wonder bread route... As we speak they are establishing these route so they can sell to the employee working them first an then to outside investors if they are still available....few questions... Is it truly wise to work for them first in a route to prove you can own it? They are telling me they are selling 10 to 1... Is that information correct and accurate?

I have been in a few supermarkets lately to see how wonder bread/tastey cake stacks up against everyone else and they are getting over powered by bimbo brands... Now I know that is a small sample size but is there anything to worry about regarding this?

Also anything else to know or be concerned regarding wonder bread routes?

Old 03-17-2014, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 13,831 times
What do you guys suggest for a route vehicle? A truck? Or a pickup and a trailer?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM

166 posts, read 240,889 times
That is a good idea and to think I was thinking about getting a newspaper route. I think I will think about bread.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 13,617 times
In KY I have owned a Flowers route, Snyder's Route and an Aunt Millie's route ... I am going back to Flowers now because of stability ... Aunt Millie's is a good company to own a route with but they are regional and they are completely reliant on Meijer ... if Meijer goes down you are out ...

All of these companies have their issues but Flowers does more for their IDO's than most companies I have been with ... Stay away from Snyder's, they are a complete scam ....

You won't get rich running a bread route but it is stable and you can pretty much count on the settlement check

When I mention stability, Flowers and Bimbo are already the two largest bread companies and they are both still growing ...

From what I am hearing Butternut and Wonder bread will be in Walmart's either in the next set or the one after (so by the end of the year) ....

Bread routes are not for everyone ... you can pretty much count on 4-5 12 hour days each week and unless you pay someone no days off ... your days off are pull-up days which are about 6 hours .... Flowers will work Sunday's for you so they do give you a day off, I always pay a pull-up person to handle Wednesday's for me ... the split days off are a godsend .... Flowers will also run a vacation week for you for $50 .... by comparison Aunt Millie's charges you $250 a day to run your route for you

Old 05-29-2014, 05:20 AM

10 posts, read 26,406 times
Default Thinking of buying a mission route

Hi I am thinking of purchasing a mission foods route or other route. Can someone please let me know if you have owned or own a mission route.whats the good, bad, and ugly. Please PM me if I can give you a call to discuss. Would love to get as much insight as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business