Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 10,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Ok, I've been researching this all day. Here's what I came up with from others doing the same:
Going rate $25 per man hour plus dumpster rental. This one guy does "trash out" debris clean up and is very successful. He does it up north somewhere. Makes about $75K year. He gave me a copy of his ad and I tweaked it a bit, put it up on craigslist with my husband's info and within 30 mins. he had a guy call!! He wanted to know how much my hubby would charge to clean out his rental property some people skipped out on and paint it! So it works. My husband will have to go and look at the property to see about how much to charge him (how much time he'll think it'll take, how many people he'll need and what size dumpster to rent). The guy told my husband that he called some other guy and the guy quoted him $500 for the clean out only. I think that sounds about right. Also, my husband's brother, who does bank foreclosures in Houston, said we need to contact the Realtors who do specialize in selling REO's bank owned properties. So my hubby will hit the streets tomorrow morning and take his flyer and business card with him to give out to realtors. If you want a copy of the flyer you can DM me and I will only give to people who are not in my area!! LOL
Hi there!! I would love to see the flyer that you are offering!! A friend of mine and myself are desperatly trying to break into this market but we are very unsure of what to bid to the banks. The idea that you have of taking flyers to the realtors is great!! Any help or insight would be very helpful! ( I live in Michigan ) lol

Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 10,166 times
Default Heres my e-mail! lol

Quote:
Wow, I've had a lot of requests for the sample flyer. Please include your email address when you DM.
Glad to help

I forgot to add my e-mail above!
[EMAIL="foreveramber2580@yahoo.com"]foreveramber2580@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Thank you so much!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,644 times
I'm in the same boat, and would also like to take a look at your flyer. My email is [email]tljackson18@fuse.net[/email] Thanks, tj

Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 11,440 times
I came across this site while doing research on cleaning out foreclosed homes. Could someone send me samples of ads or flyers they have used, and forms like quotes, invoices, logs, etc., ideas on what to charge and how to estimate what to charge? Any help would be appreciated! I am in South Dakota.

Thank you!

John
jknutson1978@hotmail.com

Old 05-04-2010, 04:46 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtnyhelms View Post
SO..... my fiance got offered a job with a foreclosed house cleaning company and everything sounds to good to be true. The money they are offering and in our dream location which is Austin. The Catch is they want $3000 up front to pay for all the products and electronics they require him to have. They have offered us there tax ID number so show us they are a legitimate business but I dont know how to get any info with that. Does any body know anything about anything like this. HeLp????

Dito on the scam - you should not pay anything up front.

With the number of Foreclosed homes the highest it has ever been. I have my own Nationwide Foreclosure Maintenance, I require my contractors to submit pictures of the work before and after.

My biggest issue is getting paid - terms usually net 30, sometimes net 60 after the work is completed. This is understood with the contractor before submitting/assigning any work. In return - I continually use them again.

What is happening with each job, they submit pictures of completed work and an invoice. Then each following job doing the same - over time they are developing a pipeline, which takes two months to three months before developing serious money.

In this business - people are looking to get paid before work is done, I had this one guy is Atlanta that I paid some money upfront, had to do a check reversal when I discovered he didn't do anything. This put a forever bad taste in my mouth paying out anything before the work is started.

Getting paid for work performed on a foreclosed home is obviously one of the most important issues for all parties. Honestly the company you are dealing with, they are selling the same information over and over again. Unless you are prepared to go out of your area, I would not waste your money.

Saying that - you want to deal with a honest company, again you should not pay anything upfront. You should agree on payment terms first.

I would contact local Realtor's, sending them fliers of what you are capable of doing.

Good Luck

PS - yes Austin is one of the beautiful cities in America - I grew up there, and shortly going back for my 30th HS reunion.....

Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,592 times
Default Flyer please!

Quote:
Wow, I've had a lot of requests for the sample flyer. Please include your email address when you DM.
Glad to help
I live in the Philadelphia suburbs, and my husband and I are starting a cleanout business. Could you send me your flyer? 'preciate it!

[email]missdeluca@gmail.com[/email]

Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,534 times
I am trying to break into the cleanout business in Las Vegas and would like to see your flyer.

I am also looking for a Foreclosure cleanout contract/estimate template for submission to REO Bank/Mortgage Co.--anyone have one or know where I can find one. Thanks

[email]msworkin4alivin@gmail.com[/email]

Old 05-16-2010, 02:28 AM

2 posts, read 11,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslvnv View Post
I am trying to break into the cleanout business in Las Vegas and would like to see your flyer.

I am also looking for a Foreclosure cleanout contract/estimate template for submission to REO Bank/Mortgage Co.--anyone have one or know where I can find one. Thanks

msworkin4alivin@gmail.com
This would also help me out greatly if anyone can provide me with one of these also. I live in the midwest in South Dakota, so only send if I will not be competing with you!

Thanks

John
jknutson1978@hotmail.com

Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,742 times
Default Add forclosure cleaning to the business

I've already own a residential and commercial cleaning business but I want to add cleaning forclosures to the mix. What licenses do I need? Can you please email me the flyer so that I can target some banks and real estate agency ysealy6@hotmail.com

Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberenergy26 View Post
Hi there!! I would love to see the flyer that you are offering!! A friend of mine and myself are desperatly trying to break into this market but we are very unsure of what to bid to the banks. The idea that you have of taking flyers to the realtors is great!! Any help or insight would be very helpful! ( I live in Michigan ) lol
Hi I'm just trying to get this started too, If you are still willing to share your flyer that would be great! I live in Massachusetts. My email is:
[EMAIL="mgambale@yahoo.com"]mgambale@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business