Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times

Advertisements

The key to creating wealth is to save more than you spend. To do that you stay away from debt that is for consumer products, cars, or anything that cost more that it makes. Debt is good when the payback is better than the cost of the debt. If you were to pay you self first over time you would be able to retire rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,639 times
Quote:
If you would like to know where the American Indians came from why not read the Book of Mormon. That book includes the religious history of the people that came to this land and became known as the American Indians. Just as the Bible came to us from our Jewish anscestors or one of the tribes of Isreal the Book of Mormon is from another of the 12 tribes of Isreal and tells their story.
Real wealth comes from owning flocks, the bible teaches us. When the Jews got to the new world they found cattle and horses, according to the book of Mormon. Which mentioned them once, and never again. Based on your own information, the Jews had the chance to become wealthy in the new world with the horses and cattle they found there, but, apparently passed on that chance, sticking with, "flocks" of sheep I imagine.

And yes, the Book of Mormon does mention that the Jews split into two groups, the evil Jews were turned black, and the good Jews remained white, yet the bad Jews controlled the good Jews. It does appear that the book you speak of gave material wealth to the black "bad" Jews.

Which seems to argue against being a person of faith in order to gain wealth.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
If you would like to know where the American Indians came from why not read the Book of Mormon. That book includes the religious history of the people that came to this land and became known as the American Indians. Just as the Bible came to us from our Jewish anscestors or one of the tribes of Isreal the Book of Mormon is from another of the 12 tribes of Isreal and tells their story.
SOON2B, I'm one of those dreaded "secular humanists" you've probably heard about. If I want to know where the American Indians came from, I'll study the scientific record, not "The Book of Mormon".

Once you bring religion into the argument, all rational discourse stops, by definition. And, since I don't have the "god gene", or whatever it is, I have to shrug and move along to another topic. No offense intended to people of any faith

Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
SOON2B, I'm one of those dreaded "secular humanists" you've probably heard about. If I want to know where the American Indians came from, I'll study the scientific record, not "The Book of Mormon".

Once you bring religion into the argument, all rational discourse stops, by definition. And, since I don't have the "god gene", or whatever it is, I have to shrug and move along to another topic. No offense intended to people of any faith
Hey none taken

Despite what I was saying earlier, I too am one of those dreaded secualr people. I believe religion is a personal thing.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Gentoo,

To address some of your comments that I found interesting.

Why aren't you wealthy? Wealth is a choice as is being poor.

Fiorrina saved HP and it is the company it is today because of that. I stated before that I wish she was running as the Gov of Cal. I would hope she would cut 30,000 jobs from the state staff or more and see if she could save the state.

Unfortunatly many Democrats in office do not like this nation. We are the greatest nation on earth bar none. We don't have to bow down to other nations or have them come here and put us down. Many including the President allow it though.

You mentioned how we befriended Saddam and others, funny how we did it when we thought that they could be allys with us. At the time of us becoming friends with Saddam we were enemies of Iran. at the time Iraq was also against Iran. So your comment makes no sence. When our "friend" becomes our enemy we don't befriend them. When a leader of a nation talks about the hatred that they have for us we don't befriend them. That is unless you are a Democrat. Obama made friends with our biggest enemies as did that law breaking Pelosi.

Maybe you want to read the Bible again. All thru it God destroyed those that did not obey him. In this nation a people that came here many years ago and at one time did believe in God but over the years had stopped believing in Him and they lost the right to over see this land. Yes I am talking about the so called Native Americans. No one is trully native to this land. This land was not taken from the Indians, it was given to a people that were searching for freedom of Religion. As long as we have a God fearing people here in this Nation we will be a great nation. When that ends all that we have will end with it.

God did create animals and gave man dominion over them. We are greater than the animals and they are here for us, not the other way around. God created plants as well and I have yet to see a tree cut down a man purposely. Sure a part of a tree may fall from a tree and kill a man, but not intentionally. The Earth was created for man and everything on or in the earth is there for us as well.

I never said we should not help others. I said if you believe that you can not accomplish something without someone elses help. Many are on the welfare rolls and wish to get all they can from someone else. They do nothing to better themselves and get themselves off of welfare. Republicans believe that you can accomplish greater things off of welfare than on welfare. People are amazing and can accomoplish anything that they set out to do. No one keeps you down but yourself.

No President has tossed more money to fix a problem than the current one. They spend money on creating jobs but forget that industry created jobs and not government. Bush fought a war and spent money fighting that war. The Constitution gives him that right.

Kind of makes my point when you state that business is sending jobs overseas. Why do you think that is? When a government taxes a company or places so many hoops to jumo thru or creates too much red tape a company will move jobs somewhere else to protect the entity that is being over taxed, over regulated, and made to move because of goverment. Unions have also doe their part to destroy American industry. When you make it impossible for a business to make money the company can not continue to sustain a work force in that situation. They either have to export the jobs or create something to replace those jobs. The funny thing is that many jobs are being created in other industries. The problem is that people are not qualified to get those jobs.
Hannity, is that you?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Delicious! Brown, Newsom, Harris, Feinstein, Boxer and Pelosi! Welcome to California -- owned, operated, represented and controlled by the Bay Area! Next stop, move the Capitol to San Francisco!
Sounds good to me. It's home for me and a great place to live.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, very much, he is from the bay area and Sacramento. and yes, the state is contolled by a handful of elected Democrats like Curmudgion memtioned. They may not always be from the Bay area, but they have the bay area mentality. It will be a long time before that hold can be broken. Of course, as I have mentioned earlier in these postings, let Brown have the state, he isn't going to be able to make much difference unles pulling it further down is making a difference.

As for education and intelligence, they do not always go together. I play bridge with a gal who went to Stanford, book smart, I guess, smart Oh my God No. This is another matter and for another board, but don't think just cause someone went to the best schools they have a good, overall view of life. In fact they probably do not.

Nita
I couldn't agree more about this part. Someone from Stanford a fine example too. Whitman, another example. We do have commonality on some things.

By the way, what is "bay area mentality"?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I couldn't agree more about this part. Someone from Stanford a fine example too. Whitman, another example. We do have commonality on some things.

liberal, liberal and more liberal, spend, spend and more spending, arrogant and elitest, is that what you wanted to hear? By the way, I am not saying alll who live in the bay area think this way and I kinda like some things about the area.

Nita

Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

Since Nancy Pelosi's district covers 4/5 of San Francisco, and she regularly wins 70+% of the vote - I think she is the figurehead for the Bay Area mentality.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Sounds good to me. It's home for me and a great place to live.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California