Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 02:02 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I think you need to check yourself..... girlfriend. You stalk me and then go look up my stats and post them. How normal is that? Go back to your heavenly Texas forum.
Sorry I am not stalking you- your status are public....moving on....

Old 11-03-2010, 02:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Great, another defensive, meaningless, and ultimatley useless one liner from the sidelines. And folks - it's true - CA is full of stuck up simpletons like this...
The weather and scenery will always keep enough people in CA to be relevant. The weather along the coastal areas, beautiful coastline (Big Sur), Sierra Nevada, Lake Tahoe, national parks...

That's the only reason most people moved here to begin with. If both CA and TX shared the exact same weather and topography, there would be an exodus out of CA of epic proportions. The mayor of SF would be standing amongst his progressive buddies wondering where everyone went. He'd be thinking to himself "but I thought everyone was here because of progressive supremacy?"..."you mean to tell me they were only here for the drop dead gorgeous scenery and weather?"

Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,995 times
Texas has no social conscience and the politicians have sold the population here a certain kind of political fanaticism to justify this mind set.
Institutionalized cruelty.

The best thing that could happen to Texas is about 5 more years of really hard times. Its the only way that attitudes and politics in the State will change.

Last edited by orbius; 11-03-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Sorry I am not stalking you- your status are public....moving on....

Please do!

Thanks for posting my stats, I used to lay in bed at night wondering what they were. Now I can sleep well.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I just moved here, and the thing that struck me is how green it is here. I was expecting a more desert environment, but there are hills, green grass, lots of trees, lakes and rivers.

Yup, it'll be hot in the summer. But in CA where I lived, it was really hot too.
ringwise, I don't know where you live in Texas, but yes, you are right, it is very green. The only truely non green area is the west part like Odessa, El Paso and yes, up in the pan handle.

And yes, you are right, Ca can get ungodly hot, depending on where you live. If you live in the central valley or the inland empire for starters.

Most people who talk about the heat in Texas or hot flat it is either have never been there or only driven though. Anyone who is fair and has lived there knows, like any state its size there are lots of regions.

Nita

Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I think you need to check yourself..... girlfriend. You stalk me and then go look up my stats and post them. How normal is that? Go back to your heavenly Texas forum.
No one would bother you if you were not on the Texas forum posting negatives. I for one, think you need to forget this, get on with your life and post informative information, not just blasting threads, that really are your opinion but not fact, like Texas is stupid. You have yet to answer why you think they are stupid and give examples of why Ca is so much more intelligent. Certainly your sarcasm doesn't seem to indicate how much brighter people in Ca are than those in Texas.
Nita

Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Texas has no social conscience and the politicians have sold the population here a certain kind of political fanaticism to justify this mind set.
Institutionalized cruelty.

The best thing that could happen to Texas is about 5 more years of really hard times. Its the only way that attitudes and politics in the State will change.
I hear similar things often. Please list the things CA provides for its citizens in the name of social conscience that someone living in TX lacks? I'd seriously like to know myself. I often wonder why it costs me more to live in CA. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm getting extra. Best I can tell, mother nature is responsible for all of the benefits of living here.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Please list the things CA provides for its citizens in the name of social conscience that someone living in TX lacks? I'd seriously like to know myself. I often wonder why it costs me more to live in CA. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm getting extra. Best I can tell, mother nature is responsible for all of the benefits of living here.
Well, I can tell you one thing. I have an adult family member who is severely disabled (physically and mentally) and when we investigated moving her from California to Texas, the woman from social services in Texas said, "Don't do that. Texas ranks 49th in the country for services to disabled persons."

Old 11-03-2010, 04:00 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times
Cupcake is enjoying all the attention even if everyone is making fun of her.

By the way I live in Texas but I am NOT saying Texas is better because I lived in Cal too.
Each place has its advantages. Each place is diverse.

Cal has better education but on the k-12 level the difference is minute. I've already mentioned how having the University of California is something to really be proud of.

Texas is cheaper to live but Cal has more interesting cities.

I think I've been to every county in California maybe not the northeastern ones and I've been all over Texas.

What people in both states don't realize about the other is that there are remote beautiful areas in both places that few know about. California has some nice northern coastal towns and Texas has some near where I am -- Rockport. If you haven't seen most of each state - you shouldn't compare.

Texas is cheaper to live. If I wanted to recreate my house on the Cal coast instead of the Texas Coast it would cost millions more- I couldn't afford it.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Cupcake is enjoying all the attention even if everyone is making fun of her.

lol you and the rest of the texans are so bitter just because I think your state is a pos. Go back to your spank sock and chill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California