Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Funny, grew up in San Francisco, lived in LA for five years, been in Sac for seven years. Never once was my home burglarized, never once was my car vandalized.

But I guess some people go out looking for things to complain about, ain't that right? Mr. Conservative bogeyman.

I wonder when the comments are going to turn towards the direction of the "Illegal scum" and the "Mexihordes"??
Home was broken into while my wife was there alone. Two cars were broken into and items solen. Man was stabbed on the sidewalk in front of our home. We lived three blocks from the Capitol. Need more, kool-aid-drinking, racist (I never mentioned ethnicities, you did) MOD CUT?

Last edited by NewToCA; 06-22-2011 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: don't escalate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 10:28 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
And the liberal mindset is to place all trust in the hands of Big Brother and rest assured that He will always be there to protect them. With California scheduled to release tens of thousands of convicted felons from prison soon on early release, under orders from the feds, will see how that works out.
This is wrong on several counts. The court ordered Ca to reduce the state prison population and to increase/improve the medical facilities, not to release prisoners.

There is no schedule to release prisoners. Twenty thousand inmates have already been transferred to other states, while thousands more will be transferred to local county facilities.

Of the remaining 32,000 prisoners that need to be removed from the state system, there may be several thousand, at most, that will be released up to one year early, based upon the severity of their crime(s).

Releasing inmates early is anathema to a politician, and law enforcement unions don't tolerate job losses well, so I believe everyone will continue to drag their feet on this issue. I would not hold my breath waiting for this horde to enter my community.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,859,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Home was broken into while my wife was there alone. Two cars were broken into and items solen. Man was stabbed on the sidewalk in front of our home. We lived threer blocks from the Capitol. Need more, kool-aid-drinking, racist (I never mentioned ethnicities, you did) *******?
Where were you? Alkali Flats? Hey, you chose that neighborhood, the neighborhood didn't choose you!

Anyways, have fun in your hillbilly backwater. Good riddens, we don't need you in Awesome California!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:22 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Where were you? Alkali Flats? Hey, you chose that neighborhood, the neighborhood didn't choose you!

Anyways, have fun in your hillbilly backwater. Good riddens, we don't need you in Awesome California!
Yet another disparaging term from a "progressive *******." Nah, you're not a racist. Y'all's jist one a them lovin' 'n' acceptin' peoples so long as they's not white 'n' poor!

We were in Mansion Flats. And the word you were searching for was "riddance."

Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
Quote:
Yet another disparaging term from a "progressive *******."
Come on, Curmster. It's not like you don't ask for it by posting these axe-grinding Calif topics. If I did the same in the MO forum, the mouth-breathers there would label me a troll.

Is there even a MO forum?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
Home was broken into while my wife was there alone. Two cars were broken into and items solen. Man was stabbed on the sidewalk in front of our home. We lived three blocks from the Capitol. Need more, kool-aid-drinking, racist (I never mentioned ethnicities, you did) *******?
So the gun toting military guy gets ripped off several times, meanwhile what he conceives of as a hippie liberal, has never had any sort of problem with crime, and takes nearly zero precautions and spends no time worrying about crime.

Must be the energy waves man.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
has never had any sort of problem with crime, and takes nearly zero precautions and spends no time worrying about crime.
Yet you very thoughfully chose to make your home in a safe virtually crime free location. That sounds like taking substantial precautions that required a great deal of planning and decision making.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:05 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Suggestion: Avoid any of the California fora. (We both know you won't, but it's guaranteed relief for the painful burning itch of astounding)

There are?
I lived in CA for a while but am not a native.. I occasionally look in here because there might be something interesting to see.

On the bright side, some of the more.. annoying.. posters seem to not be around here anymore.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
So the gun toting military guy gets ripped off several times, meanwhile what he conceives of as a hippie liberal, has never had any sort of problem with crime, and takes nearly zero precautions and spends no time worrying about crime.

Must be the energy waves man.
Guns are worth a lot more than than love beads are.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
what he conceives of as a hippie libera
Chew on that for a while. Here, let me help you, "what he conceives" means that the definition comes out of his imagination.

Since I have all the accoutrement of the redneckus americanus, without the mindset, some people get confused, then again, some people are easily confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California