Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,680,939 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I knew you would dig up the statistic about hispanics being 25%, tell you what, visit the school, see for yourself that the statistic is wrong.

This line was illuminating
Quote:
As far as AGHS .. The city itself is almost 80% white..
AGHS draws students from 3 other towns and a large rural area. Two of which are heavily hispanic and of course the rural area is also, I find know the subject one is commenting is handy.

You know for a kid who claims to have done so much, you spend a lot of time on this forum with a pretty sour attitude.. does it alway rain over your head?

Guess that explains why you are not out chatting up the young ladies.

Oh the prior post was 453 words, this one was 356, and no, I don't read them, and I doubt anyone else does either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Yeah, I knew you would dig up the statistic about hispanics being 25%, tell you what, visit the school, see for yourself that the statistic is wrong.

This line was illuminating AGHS draws students from 3 other towns and a large rural area. Two of which are heavily hispanic and of course the rural area is also, I find know the subject one is commenting is handy.
uh huh ..

Quote:
You know for a kid who claims to have done so much, you spend a lot of time on this forum with a pretty sour attitude.. does it alway rain over your head?
Do lies and propaganda fill yours? The sun is out over my head.. Afterall, the weather is great in California.

Quote:
Guess that explains why you are not out chatting up the young ladies.

Oh the prior post was 453 words, this one was 356, and no, I don't read them, and I doubt anyone else does either.
I have a lady. I'm a one lady kind of man... So, no .. I'm not out chatting up the young 'girls'. My dad taught me the virtue in focusing on more important stuff in life.. As such, you attract mature/intelligent women. Any other personal attack attempts old man?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,680,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
uh huh ..

Do lies and propaganda fill yours? The sun is out over my head.. Afterall, the weather is great in California.

I have a lady. I'm a one lady kind of man... So, no .. I'm not out chatting up the young 'girls'. My dad taught me the virtue in focusing on more important stuff in life.. As such, you attract mature/intelligent women. Any other personal attack attempts old man?
Not personal attacks, just comments and questions on your incredibly sour attitude and why someone with all you claim to have spends so much time on a computer forum...

Quote:
My dad taught me the virtue in focusing on more important stuff in life.. As such, you attract mature/intelligent women
Which is why you are on this forum 24/7?

How about signing up for the Marine Corp, they are great at helping young men find value in their otherwise empty materialist lives.

You are rather the curmudgeon of the younger set.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,803 times
What I find interesting is the the top rated large traditional public high school is #8 University High in Irvine. To me that's the real test of a great school when it can succeed serving all the kids in its district vs. a segregated few high achievers.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Not personal attacks, just comments and questions on your incredibly sour attitude and why someone with all you claim to have spends so much time on a computer forum...

Which is why you are on this forum 24/7?

How about signing up for the Marine Corp, they are great at helping young men find value in their otherwise empty materialist lives.

You are rather the curmudgeon of the younger set.
I'll just ignore your comments about :
> sour attitudes
> how much time i spend on this forum (little to no time)

I'm just providing comments and observations about reality..... Have no clue why you keep interpreting this as sour attitude ...I love reality.. and embrace it fully. It's a beautiful thing to marvel at.. Understanding why x is x .. why y is y .. brings me joy.. knowledge ... I'm sorry it scares others

Old 07-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
What I find interesting is the the top rated large traditional public high school is #8 University High in Irvine. To me that's the real test of a great school when it can succeed serving all the kids in its district vs. a segregated few high achievers.
Why is it interesting? LOL ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...ne,_California)

Among the 2,476 students enrolled in 2008, 50% were Asian, 35.4% Caucasian, 6.9% Hispanic/Latino, 1.9% African American, 1.8% Filipino, and 0.4% Other. University High School is attended by students from more than sixty countries who speak over fifty different languages.

Estimated median household income in 2009: $84,950 (it was $72,057 in 2000)
Irvine: $84,950
California: $58,931
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $40,446

Irvine city income, earnings, and wages data

Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $617,400 (it was $301,400 in 2000)
Irvine: $617,400
California: $384,200

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Irvine...#ixzz1SO8z1QFd

*Student body = Filtered ..Segregated/High income... Results are expected.
Kids yearn to 'fit in' .. and find acceptance in their youth.. Thus, if you take a kid from a horrible neighborhood w/ decent aptitude (early on in their life) and bus them into such a schooling environment ... Separate them from the idiocy in their bad neighborhood .. You are more than likely to see achievement statistics of such kids be well above those of the kids in the bad neighborhood.

A lot has to do w/ environment.. You are going to find that the vast majority of these schools filter on various levels... Their student body.. Whether directly or indirectly... Districts are themselves segregated..
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...slideshow.html

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 07-17-2011 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 PM

144 posts, read 608,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
We should be proud that our Californian high schools are recognized by the Newsweek's ranking, while recognizing that we need to harder to improve the schools that didn't make the list.
Not sure why but Whitney High in Cerritos and Oxford Academy in Cypress are left of the list they are consistently in the top 10 in the nation as ranked by a rival magazine, US News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California