Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
He only failed because the GOP would rather destroy the country than have a successful Obama.
^This.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
No, he didn't create the problems but he was elected to fix them and he has failed and he has made them much worse.
He (Obama) has failed to fix the problems? ... ah ... not having anything to do with the lack of unity required from all of congress ... and oh yeah (before you start ranting at me for being a liberal democrat -- which I are not be one ... remember: I think democracy is unworkable and am thus a-political ... you're all nuts) I mean BOTH democrats and republicans ... you do recall that our system of government does not vest ruling authority in just one person, right? But Obama should have fixed all the problems? Um, like a king, maybe? And how exactly would he do that without the slightest cooperation from legislators (especially those who openly state their number one mission is to cause him to fail as a President)?

Doesn't matter who the president is: demican or republicrat ... if the House and Senate refuse to work together, with each other and the President, well, this is what results, bubba.

Oooops, forgot ... Donnie, you are just fulfilling your secret mandate to make the Tea-Party look as stupid as possible ... you clever progressive democrat disguised as the March Hare, you

Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
He only failed because the GOP would rather destroy the country than have a successful Obama. If ARRA had been three or four times larger we would not be in this fix.

Interesting that under FDR the CCC bill was passed in April, and by July 600,000 men were in the CCC with all the attendant expenditures, and that was just one facet of his recovery program.

We could do the same thing today, but the Republicans would rather see the end of democracy.
Obama had full control of congress (both houses) for two years ... don't feed us that BS that the republicans were in his way.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:

Hi my name is Donnie, and I get all my news from Glenn Beck.
Guess what High-head ... I don't watch Glenn Beck and never have

Old 09-05-2011, 09:42 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
No, he didn't create the problems but he was elected to fix them and he has failed and he has made them much worse.
Well the way I look at it, he can't fix in so far, three years which took 8 to create.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
The world was perfect until Obama came along, DONT YOU KNOW.

In all seriousness, he was handed a bad situation which he only exacerbated. But no matter how poorly a left-leaning pol performs, Californians will always give them a second chance and then complain that nothing ever changes.
Ok good points in some cases. He really didn't fix anything by extending the wars. He didn't start them but he also did not fulfill his promise to end them so in that sense you're right.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Obama had full control of congress (both houses) for two years ... don't feed us that BS that the republicans were in his way.
^ amen

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
He (Obama) has failed to fix the problems? ... ah ... not having anything to do with the lack of unity required from all of congress ... and oh yeah (before you start ranting at me for being a liberal democrat -- which I are not be one ... remember: I think democracy is unworkable and am thus a-political ... you're all nuts) I mean BOTH democrats and republicans ... you do recall that our system of government does not vest ruling authority in just one person, right? But Obama should have fixed all the problems? Um, like a king, maybe? And how exactly would he do that without the slightest cooperation from legislators (especially those who openly state their number one mission is to cause him to fail as a President)?

Doesn't matter who the president is: demican or republicrat ... if the House and Senate refuse to work together, with each other and the President, well, this is what results, bubba.

Oooops, forgot ... Donnie, you are just fulfilling your secret mandate to make the Tea-Party look as stupid as possible ... you clever progressive democrat disguised as the March Hare, you
As I already stated to you fine feathered friend ... Obama had full control, including filibuster-proof, on both houses in congress. He could have passed anything he wanted. He decided to pass progressive liberal agenda and ignore the financial crisis and rising unemployment. His various stimulus programs resulting in more debt and no improvement. We are worse now than when he took office. He has taken no real action to actually address the jobless situation and he has done nothing to address the economic crisis. Everything he has done has made the situation much worse.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
He only failed because the GOP would rather destroy the country than have a successful Obama. If ARRA had been three or four times larger we would not be in this fix.
Well I gotta agree with this one too. I've never seen the GOP so adamant with one of their opponents before.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ok good points in some cases. He really didn't fix anything by extending the wars. He didn't start them but he also did not fulfill his promise to end them so in that sense you're right.
Obama did create the war in Libya and he was responsible for what happened in Egypt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California