Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You start a statement "i strongly believe" and then the following content clearly indicates you don't strongly believe.
there were two parts to my earlier post. i strong believe two things:

1. if repubs nominate someone who isn't a religious zealot they could with the white house.

2. the repubs will most likely nominate a religious zealot.

i reread my earlier post and i never said didn't strongly believing anything. i'm not sure what you mean.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
there were two parts to my earlier post. i strong believe two things:

1. if repubs nominate someone who isn't a religious zealot they could with the white house.

2. the repubs will most likely nominate a religious zealot.

.i reread my earlier post and i never said didn't strongly believing anything. i'm not sure what you mean.
I think you are just using liberal political attack tactics to trash Perry. If it wasn't religion it would be another attack weapon from the liberal arsenal.
As far as Perry goes he is no more religious than the majority of Americans or illegal aliens as far as that goes. Over 75% of Americans identify themselves with Christianity.

Last edited by Vascodagama; 09-06-2011 at 05:42 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I agree that Obama has not been able to fix those problems.

He didn't create them however.
And I will add that people who do think and behave as if one man called Obama, coming in after a long line of failures, is soley responsible for whats wrong with the American economy, have got to be mentally disturbed or at least smoking something that either rhymes with Jack or Beth. Even scarier that they are unaware and continue to breed!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:55 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I think you are just using liberal political attack tactics to trash Perry. If it wasn't religion it would be another attack weapon from the liberal arsenal.
As far as Perry goes he is no more religious than the majority of Americans or illegal aliens as far as that goes. Over 75% of Americans identify themselves with Christianity.
i may think perry and bachman are totally nuts, but that doesn't make me a liberal. correlation does not imply causation my assuming conservative friend. i actually don't think romney is too bad of a candidate, nor huntsman for that matter. if one of them were to get the repulican nod, i would imagine we'd have a pretty tight presidential race next year. however, if one of the tea party candidates gets the nomination, we'll learn pretty quickly how 'middle of the road' the majority of americans really are.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
And I will add that people who do think and behave as if one man called Obama, coming in after a long line of failures, is soley responsible for whats wrong with the American economy, have got to be mentally disturbed or at least smoking something that either rhymes with Jack or Beth. Even scarier that they are unaware and continue to breed!
Obama, his administration and democrats that supported his actions ... are responsible for what they did since Obama took office ... which includes the stimulus spending bills and how the massive amount of money was spent ... the bailouts of various private companies ... the Obamacare bill ... the Dodd-Frank bill ... the cars for clunkers program ... the various programs to stop foreclosures ... ... I could go on and on but I think you get my point. Obama inherited a bad economy but he has done nothing to improve or fix anything. Everything he has done has resulted in making economic conditions much worse. On top of that he has created a great division between political parties and to the point of violence between union workers and conservatives ... just yesterday Obama spoke at a large teamster union rally and before he stepped on stage the President of the huge teamsters union told the crowd in angry tone that they need to "take out those SOB's" referring to the tea party supporters.

Last edited by Vascodagama; 09-06-2011 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i may think perry and bachman are totally nuts, but that doesn't make me a liberal. correlation does not imply causation my assuming conservative friend. i actually don't think romney is too bad of a candidate, nor huntsman for that matter. if one of them were to get the repulican nod, i would imagine we'd have a pretty tight presidential race next year. however, if one of the tea party candidates gets the nomination, we'll learn pretty quickly how 'middle of the road' the majority of americans really are.
I think you just have a misconception on what the middle of the road is. For a strong progressive liberal the middle means someone who is a moderate democrat. If Romney was the front runner the liberals would be calling foul because he is a Mormon and claim the religion was a cult. Huntsman is a liberal in conservative clothing so he would have a better chance as a democrat.
The liberals got their shot with Obama, Polosi and Reid and they screwed us all royally. Its time for the conservatives to take a shot again.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
This is the problem.

The GOP cannot put up a candidate who can win both California and the South. Any candidate acceptable to one will be unacceptable to the other.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
This is the problem.

The GOP cannot put up a candidate who can win both California and the South. Any candidate acceptable to one will be unacceptable to the other.
The GOP is not going to waste time in California ... and they shouldn't. California is too far gone to salvage. With Obama's approval ratings just today there is no question that Obama will be a one term president. The moderate democrats have turned on him now and Obama has no plans to change course. We are already hearing what his jobs plan is all about. Same old crap ... more mega deficit spending like before on infrastructure but in reality the money will go to union cronies and Obama supporters and not do anything to help the economy.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
All Obama really needs to do is to point out what would come in if he went out, His campaign need only be a variation on "Apre Moi Le Deluge"

Right now, the only non demented Republicans are Romney and Huntsman, and Romney has become a squirrel running around seeking acceptance.

Huntsman has principles, therefore, he is doomed.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:21 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
If the GOP don't elect Huntsman for the general election, they are screwed.

And then so will the entire country because we'll be stuck with Obama for another 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California