Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 AM

6 posts, read 20,129 times

Advertisements

I was stuck living in Ridgecrest for several unbearable years. It was like a prison sentence. I was like a withering flower with no water.....deteriorating. The only thing that kept me sane was the community college. The only thing there is a Walmart. That ought to sum it up for you. If you need mental stimulation, cool coffee shops, places to go, and a need to feel "alive" I would stay as far away from that hell-hole as humanly possible. It's a small, boring, crummy town. Forget about dating... Non-existent. Tweaker-ville. Don't ever have more than one drink if you can't afford a DWI, and the place is CORRUPT as all hell. It's like being in the twilight zone. Good Ole Boy, hillbilly, negativeland. I was dying inside... I FINALLY escaped and I've never been so HAPPY in my life.. I wouldn't go to that god-forsaken crap-hole ever again... Not even to visit. I'm serious. It's depressing, ugly, creepy, and there is a negative cloud that lingers over that place. A lot of weird, mean creepy people too. Rent is cheap... But is it worth being isolated and miserable? Not for me!!!! Hated it!!!! It sucks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 AM

you must be high... and lite-headed!
That place is the ultimate downer. I live in Long Beach now... I love love love it!!! I finally feel alive again. That place makes me sick just thinking about it. The most miserable years of my life. It's like living the Jerry Springer show every day. Period.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 AM

You basically have two worlds there. There are the engineers and scientists that work on the base, and live up in "College Heights" in the "fancy" neighborhood, as well as you have the regular town with a few "nice" neighborhoods tucked away where the homes are lovely and expensive etc. Those would be the "normal" middle-class, working folk.. MOstly work on base, hospital, Community College. Then there is the "general" population. INteresting bunch.. It's kind of like white-trash meets Jerry Springer meets Mrs. Kravitz.... add some meth-amphetamines and a bunch of 20-40 year olds with glazed eyes, no teeth, no job, and nothing to do but break into your house or car.... I don't know... The high desert is the meth-amphetamine capital of the nation. Its unfortunate that there is absolutely nothing to do in this town and as a parent I would seriously be concerned for kids approaching junior-high, high-school age. Ridgecrest also has the highest rate of teen pregnancy. Also one of the unfortunate consequences of a boring town with nothing to do. The young ones wind up doing dope and having sex. It doesn't help that half of their parents are tweeked out. It's disgusting. And it's a corrupt and backward place where the agencies take advantage of the fact that everyone is so ignorant.. So basically, the county Supervisors, and the town big-shots run a scam on all the dumb dumbs and rip them off and rob them blind. The court is corrupt, the police pick and choose who is worthy to protect, what is worth investigating, if they feel like responding. They are indifferent and untrained with regard to the dynamics of domestic violence, which is highly prevalent in that area. It is unfortunate because the court is still stuck in the 50's, completely gender biased, does not actually apply the law when hearing cases.... It's a creepy scam they run there... It's like they go through the motions, and they have it down to a repetetive science in order to generate revenue... It becomes obvious if you read the law and see how they take 6 months to come to the obvious conclusion that should have been determined at the first hearing. Serious abuse of power, serious rights violations in the creepy little town implementation and administration. That place is corrupt and needs to be audited from top to bottom, trained with up to date knowledge and information and legislation, and the scandalous scum who defraud the public need to be ousted. It's amazing the corruption is from the top down, and every institution lacks honesty and integrity from what i observed. The high school personnel violated federal and state laws, the superintendant did the same, and they throw around their power and railroad the ignorant public because they rely on the fact that no one knows their rights. Its sickening what they do to people. It's shameful..... That place is abusive and breeds nothing but more abuse. To hell with Ridgecrest and the scum that prey on the vulnerable. May Karma provide restitution to us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California