Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
You moved?
Nope ... I live in Orange county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 05:22 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Los Angeles Metro is already a cesspool. But I don't live in LA Metro or LA county for that matter.
Yes, you do. the LA Metro Slobopolis stretches from Santa Clarita to Camp Pendleton.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
OC is firmly in the GLAMA.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Yes, you do. the LA Metro Slobopolis stretches from Santa Clarita to Camp Pendleton.
Not even close ...

Old 12-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
OC is firmly in the GLAMA.
OC has been and continues to separate from LA county. But the accusation was that LA Metro would include me which is not true. Even people in the South Bay would say they are separated fro LA Metro.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Ah, now that could be the problem. Even y'all Califoreigners can't agree on what's where or belongs to which or is part of who. Maybe the businesses just got lost and confused and decided on a new address altogether.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Just go by the following rule of thumb, Curmy: I'm always right, everyone else is wrong.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:39 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Saw this in the Political section ... Goes to show that California is clueless

Even profitable firms fleeing California
THAT'S from the Register's editorial board.

HERE'S what happens when the same paper has to print the news- California leads the nation in job growth for 2011

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...A5XPD8a96g1ybA

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
OC has been and continues to separate from LA county. But the accusation was that LA Metro would include me which is not true. Even people in the South Bay would say they are separated fro LA Metro.
But they are not, it is one continuous expanse of Asphalt and Concrete from At least San Fernando to Camp Pendleton. It makes no difference what people think, geography is geography.

Remember when you could drive from Disney Land to Los Angeles and see Orange orchards along the way, there was that strange wall of Egyptian stuff along the East side of the freeway, no mas.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
The OC register is not my "favored source" and it really does not matter because again its the message that's of issue not the messenger. You are not a California resident but surly you read multiple news sources and know the situation California is in. If you are going to attempt to say business in California is not leaving because of the states anti-business environment then you would be disingenuous at best. And no, I'm not going to entertain your requests to research and present information in a format "you" would like ... you know what you can do with that request ... so if you want more information to counter then get off you lazy rear and do your own research.

I don't need a news story to tell me what's going on in California. I live it everyday. Why just last week my wife and I were driving to a restaurant and went through a commercial area with ton's of small to large businesses. This included a large Boeing complex. In the past two years that Boeing complex has laid-off ~60% of its employee's ... high paying jobs with good benefits. As we past other commercial buildings along the way we couldn't but notice lease sign after lease sign of commercial real estate that just a few years ago were mostly thriving businesses. This went on for miles and this is in an area that got hit the least with business closures compared to areas throughout LA county.
You're an interesting guy, Don9 ... you say you are an aerospace engineer? -- yet you don't pay attention to details nor sources at all well ... nor do you think analytically ... makes me wonder about flying in aeroplanes. Look and read carefully: I didn't say the OC Register was your "favored source" for news ... I said it was your "favored source for this thread" ...hey, you're the one who posted the thread and its link to the OC Register ... I'd call that your favored source for the story it told, no? You are the messenger quoting a single -- crappy -- source.

As for being a resident: hmmm, I have a permanent, California real estate address (not a P.O. box) for years and years and years. I have lived in, I think it is, 7 different locations in the state since 1967 ... I now split my time, almost evenly, between three states (including California), true, most years. I will almost certainly retire permanently back to CA when my rambling days are done (if ever that comes to be). I even hold valid state ID and benefits ...

You "don't need a news story to tell [you] what's going on in California?" Right. You get your report from Hank at the corner tavern and relay it on to us. We'll all sell out and run for the hills because Hank told you the sky was falling -- or because you drove through an area with empty buildings. News flash: empty buildings all across America ... always have been -- always will be. The reality of businesses closing down and laying off employees does not support your contention that businesses are "fleeing" an anti-business climate in the state. There is nothing in the slightest unusual about businesses closing, moving, or laying off employees. It's been happening since the beginning of history. Show me / us some comparative data that accounts for significant losses beyond those comparable with other states in this national / international business climate.

Am I going to tell businesses don't leave CA? Uh, no. They come and they go, just as they do everywhere. You are the one posting claims to an exodus without backing up with verifiable data ... You don't want to provide good data, I'm calling you on your claims. It's not my thread or claim ... it's yours ... you want to be believed? prove with quality data / reporting.

I'm not trying to prove anything except that you haven't provided a shred of credible evidence for your thesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California