Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 01:46 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I wish more didn't like California. I'm a native and glad some people hate California. 38,000,000 are already loving it to death.
Literally?

We did our parts five years ago. We're both natives and unselfishly moved elsewhere to ease some of the burden on California. Now if that's not love I don't know what is! Of course, we also took our money with us but unselfishly left five of our combined seven children behind to shop and pay taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 01:52 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Literally?

We did our parts five years ago. We're both natives and unselfishly moved elsewhere to ease some of the burden on California. Now if that's not love I don't know what is! Of course, we also took our money with us but unselfishly left five of our combined seven children behind to shop and pay taxes.
Mucho goose toe

Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
People hate California because they are jealous they have to live in boring and awful states
It is precisely this kind of thinking that makes most the rest of the country despise the Californian attitude. California is highly overrated.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I wish more didn't like California. I'm a native and glad some people hate California. 38,000,000 are already loving it to death.
I'm in Europe for the next 7 weeks. Every time I agree with people who say CA is overpopulated I think of Europe. Germany has 81 million packed into an area slightly smaller. You'd never know it. Lots of green space, mountains, etc.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
It is precisely this kind of thinking that makes most the rest of the country despise the Californian attitude. California is highly overrated.
Thank you for not living here.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:06 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
I just moved back to California after a 24 year vacation in the PNW. California is over populated. Germany, don't care. Talking California on this thread.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I'm in Europe for the next 7 weeks. Every time I agree with people who say CA is overpopulated I think of Europe. Germany has 81 million packed into an area slightly smaller. You'd never know it. Lots of green space, mountains, etc.
You'd probably never know what a truly rural area looks like until visited the South East or the Great Plains.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Funny. Close friend, a German, spent the last 20 years here in America on the west coast from Washington to California. Last fall she moved back to Germany for her final years. She is near 70, very healthy and active.

Less than a month after returning to Munich, she emailed me near panic. Said, "Terrible mistake! I'm coming back for good. SO stifling here (Germany). I can't move about freely. I can't hardly breathe without permission. Can't wait to get back to the west coast of America! Room to roam and be free!"

Let's hear it for the good old US of A

Old 06-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Thank you for not living here.
Don't worry, I have no intentions of ever visiting there. Not sure what the draw is with high taxes, high utilities, what seems like constant forest fires and earthquakes, and a state full of materialistic people who have a "holier than thou" attitude towards the rest of the country. 49 other states, California is barely 10% of the population and 10% of the land, I'm not missing much.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Don't worry, I have no intentions of ever visiting there. Not sure what the draw is with high taxes, high utilities, what seems like constant forest fires and earthquakes, and a state full of materialistic people who have a "holier than thou" attitude towards the rest of the country. 49 other states, California is barely 10% of the population and 10% of the land, I'm not missing much.
And we are not missing you. So sounds like a win / win!

Do keep posting here though, since you have no interest and all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California