Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
I have run the numbers and they equate to 45% of take home income.

While you flatter yourself by categorizing other posters and giving permissions and other nonsense like "getting in your face" comments, it just looks like a desperate attempt to be in control in some area of your life that otherwise you feel powerless and defeated in.

Null, I have tried to be nice to you only for you to accept that kindness as disingenuoesness. It really is sad to see someone in a world of such darkness.

You seem to attach yourself to me so I take it that you need my interaction. Let me try to help you friend. Don't let your emotions overtake objectivity. Don't be so insecure in your beliefs that you cannot discuss without personal attack and deflection. I say this to help you.
As I said: run the industry calculators ... then run your mouth. Anyone earning $10K monthly who can't take home 75% after taxes of that shouldn't be buying a house ... that's for sure. And anyone who can't pay 1/3 of their income for housing, because their other debt-load or lifestyle precludes, is not doing a very good job of managing their life -- and should not buy a home until they learn better and pay down.

My objectivity is in excellent order and serves as a super BS detector ... which went off loud and clear from your first posts. Read your own posts, as I say, objectively, and take your own damn advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 AM

667 posts, read 516,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As I said: run the industry calculators ... then run your mouth.

My objectivity is in excellent order and serves as a super BS detector ... which went off loud and clear from your first posts. Read your own posts, as I say, objectively, and take your own damn advice.
Again, as I have said, I have run the numers and 45% of take home income is not reasonable.

It is sad to see your attempt for significance.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Again, as I have said, I have run the numers and 45% of take home income is not reasonable.

It is sad to see your attempt for significance.
As I just added a line to the post you quote, go back and read ... and run the calculators ... not your mouth.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
As I just added a line to the post you quote, go back and read ... and run the calculators ... not your mouth.
Poor guy, now you are running in circles with your fingers in your ears.

Again, 45% of take home income is not reasonable for home ownership costs.

Do you disagree with that?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Poor guy, now you are running in circles with your fingers in your ears.

No circles, except in your mind.

Here:
$500,000 @ 4% 30 years fixed is:
$2387.08 per month
add T&I ... equals? About $2800 give or take $100 depending on area tax rates.

Now who, earning $10K a month doesn't have sufficient deductions to keep at least 80% of that?
Comes to? 35% of take home.

Fact is right now, rates are as much as a full 1% lower than 4%, (that's 3% for your challenged mind) ... making it even more doable.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Poor guy, now you are running in circles with your fingers in your ears.(Would Jesus say stuff like this?)

This lad probably plays the lottery too, which as we all know, is a tax on people that can't do math.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
This lad probably plays the lottery too, which as we all know, is a tax on people that can't do math.
LOL! That is fabulous, and I'm totally stealing it. lol

Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No circles, except in your mind.

Here:
$500,000 @ 4% 30 years fixed is:
$2387.08 per month
add T&I ... equals? About $2800 give or take $100 depending on area tax rates.

Now who, earning $10K a month doesn't have sufficient deductions to keep at least 80% of that?
Comes to? 35% of take home.

Fact is right now, rates are as much as a full 1% lower than 4%, (that's 3% for your challenged mind) ... making it even more doable.
After tax, a CA annual salary of $120k equates to $8k per month.

In addition to the monthly mortgage of $2,700, there is the monthly home owners insurance (cheapest from a list) of $40 and property tax (from actual CA home for sale in Fresno) of $500. Add another $300 for HOA, repairs and maintenence, and additional utilities.

Again, 45% of take home income is not reasonably affordable for the average person.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
null may play the lotto but I hope not unless it is for entertainment and not a financial solution.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
You can get into a fairly nice house for under 300K in SD right now. Not new but in a safe hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California