Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 03:15 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
LoL. You do notice you keep linking up your single hospitals across the lists, while for us its UCSF and Stanford pretty much doing it all for us. What's all the scores if you take the rest of the UC System into account btw?

I'm pretty happy with their rankings, thanks. I'll keep authorizing those horrible referrals that I hate to UCSF and Stanford, (UCLA in the South) as needed.

There's just no third world medicine going on anywhere. Not even at the little clinic I visited today. /shrug

You've also left out the CA hospitals that score higher than the Texas hospitals in the relevant sections. UCLA in orthopedics as I recall? Can't recall the list and don't want to look it up.

If you're claiming the sprawling TMC as a single entity, we get the UC System at least. Fairs fair.

And he works on Saturdays which is a bonus flexibility wise.
I am only talking about Northern CA standards compared to where I went to school and trained. I don't know about Southern CA standards. But I do know about Northern CA standards. TMC wins hands down over anything the Bay Area has to offer.

Second all of the Hospitals in the TMC do everything else as well but all hospitals are known for a specialty. So in addition to just being a general hospital they have very strong specialties...which is very important since most people go into the hospital for specific disease states. Not everyone has only the flu, heart attack or anemia when they show up at a hospital.

No way is the TMC a single entity nor was I claiming it to be. That is what is so great about it! It is a very prestigious complex made up of top notch hospitals as well as teaching and research institutions. There is no place like it on this planet. I am sorry you will never get the chance to fully understand or appreciate it.

So when posters try and claim that CA blows TX out of the water in everything except energy...please educate yourself before posting ingorance.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,716,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I am only talking about Northern CA standards compared to where I went to school and trained. I don't know about Southern CA standards. But I do know about Northern CA standards. TMC wins hands down over anything the Bay Area has to offer.

No way is the TMC a single entity nor was I claiming it to be. That is what is so great about it! It is a very prestigious complex made up of top notch hospitals as well as teaching and research institutions. There is no place like it on this planet. I am sorry you will never get the chance to fully understand or appreciate it.

So when posters try and claim that CA blows TX out of the water in everything except energy...please educate yourself before posting ingorance.
So ya claim the whole state of Texas as TMC but don't want to acknowledge the rest of the fine UC sytem? LoL.

I'm thinking of revisiting your rankings. But you and I know that CA hospitals are ranked higher than the highest TX ranked hospitals in some of those categories, TVC. You just won't list em.

What's TVC15 stand for anyway? Been meaning to ask. You're not 15 and to young to have been born in 1915.

Your "no place like it on this planet" is my "roughly equivalent to UC" btw.

I don't want to look up every hospital associated with UCSF either. But the trauma center I told ya about here in Fresno is a UCSF teaching hospital. Fresno Community.

Welcome to UCSF Fresno Medical Education and Research

If you zoom zoom all over CA like ya said, and are unfortunate to get in an accident in the central valley ask em to evac ya there if possible.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
So ya claim the whole state of Texas as TMC but don't want to acknowledge the rest of the fine UC sytem? LoL.

I'm thinking of revisiting your rankings. But you and I know that CA hospitals are ranked higher than the highest TX ranked hospitals in some of those categories, TVC. You just won't list em.

What's TVC15 stand for anyway? Been meaning to ask. You're not 15 and to young to have been born in 1915.
Over all CA hospitals do not rank higher than the TMC. That is my point. And the TMC holds much higher Laboratory Compliance Standards than the Bay Area and the hospitals are some of the best anywhere on this planet.

Actually the TMC is the once best Medical Centers on the planet...so does it represent the entire state of TX...that would be a big yes.

What does Senno stand for?

David Bowie TVC 15 - YouTube

Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:

What does Senno stand for?
Truth, justice and the American way!

It's just a name I made up actually.

Some Bowie with Lennox does sound cool now though.

Actually I was curious also so I googled Senno:

Quote:
Etymology
Of Germanic origin (whence also Old French sen, san "mind, sense, direction", Occitan sen, Spanish sien), from Frankish *sinn (“sense, mental faculty, way, direction”), from Proto-Germanic *sinnaz (“mind, meaning”), from Proto-Germanic *sinþanan (“to go, find one's way”), from Proto-Indo-European *sent- (“to go”). Akin to Old High German sinn "mind, sense, judgment", Old English sinnan "to mind, meditate on, consider", Old English sīþ "journey". More at sense, send.
Seems appropriate enough to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ICO-RfjAU

Last edited by Senno; 02-09-2013 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM

502 posts, read 717,839 times
This is an all-too-real trend. Even my former employer was toying with the idea of relocating the business to Nevada. I and several of my friends have also left the state for better jobs, COL, etc. I'd consider moving back for a great job offer, but now that the Democrats have 2/3 majority in both chambers, I am hesitant and curious to see just how outrageous things might get without an opposition party. Brown has always had my respect, but I don't see him being able to hold off all the legislation that his party members are pushing for.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Gee what this entire thread has been about is misinformed TX bashers. I want to make sure everyone is informed before they post ignorance.

Ok so you want to go with your rankings link. Top American Hospitals - US News Best Hospitals Fine makes no difference to me. So in doing that you will find that out of the 16 Adult Specialties the TMC ranks higher than UCSF and Stanford in most of those specialties. Here are the rankings from your link. TMC is looking good!

Cancer:

#1 TMC M.D. Anderson
#12 UCSF
#15 Stanford

Cardiology & Heart Surgery:

#6 TMC St. Lukes
#12 TMC Methodist
#33 Stanford
#50 USCSF

Diabetes & Endocrinology:

#9 UCSF
#19 TMC St. Luke's
#21 TMC Metodist
#50 Stanford

Ear Nose and Throat:

#5 TMC M.D. Anderson
#15 Stanford
#25 UCSF

Gastroenterology:

#18 TMC Methodist
#21 TMC St. Luke's
#50 UCSF
#50 Stanford

Geriatrics:

#22 UCSF
#26 TMC Methodits
#39 TMC St. Luke's
#50 Stanford

Gynecology:

#6 TMC M.D. Anderson
#15 UCSF
#20 TMC Methodist
#25 Stanford

Nephrology:

# 19 UCSF
# 23 TMC Methodist
# 40 Stanford

Neurology & Neurosurgery:

#6 UCSF
#17 TMC Methodist
#31 Stanford

Ophthalmology:

#12 UCSF
#15 Stanford

Orthopedics:

#21 TMC Methodist
#26 Stanford
#33 UCSF

Psychiatry

#4 TMC affiliated teaching and research hospital for Baylor College of Medicine in the TMC. Menninger Clinic
#12 Stanford
#15 UCSF

Pulmonology:

#19 TMC St. Luke's
#26 TMC Methodist
#50 UCSF
#50 Stanford

Rehabilitation:

#4 TMC TIRR Memorial Hermann
#18 UCSF
#18 Stanford

Rheumatology:

#9 UCSF
#13 Stanford
#17 TMC Hermann Memorial
#17 TMC Methodist

Urology:

#11 UCSF
#23 TMC M.D. Anderson
#29 TMC Methodist
#31 Stanford

Pretty interesting that both UCSF and Stanford are teaching facilities but yet did not do as well as the TMC overall. Poor Stanford...they kept ranking at the bottom.

Last Null you say you don't care that some CA hospitals have 3rd world standards?

I care and it is why I changed career paths once I moved here. No hospital in the US should have 3rd world standards. This crap has been going on long enough in this State.
Very good. Thanks. Now we have a base to work from for evaluating your claims. I see you used the same source I did, which makes it all even easier for everyone. Great. I knew you could do it -- especially since I already gave you the links.

Now then, I saw these same rankings. Do note that I went further into your source and provided a different data set -- from the same source. Know why? Because your claims weren't for individual specialties. Your claim of TMC superiority over California medical care was a blanket statement (go back and read). So I provided an overall ranking to cover that. And overall, UCLA and UCSF rank very high on the first page of data while TMC is nowhere to be seen. Buried pages back.

So dear, you need to use that superiorly trained brain you claim to have honed as a result of your unparalleled education at TMC, and tell us how we can trust your acumen when you can't seem to grasp the concept of research standards and parity reporting.

You are in a critical medical consulting profession ... Life and death stuff ... Ranting about standards and violations ... But all you are showing us are the antics of a salesperson trying to work a confidence angle. You can't compare the whole TMC system with UC individual clinics.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
But all you are showing us are the antics of a salesperson trying to work a confidence angle. You can't compare the whole TMC system with UC individual clinics.
Yeah. I considered copying and pasting in at least UCLA into everything. But as I went through the lists other hospitals popped up before any TMC in multiple categories. Cedar-Sinai for instance.

Then I got hungry and the cat laid down on the keyboard and my work was lost. But I shall do the copy and pasting if I have to. I just don't wanna yet.

Taking all of a statewide network and then comparing it to just UCSF and Stanford (and they both show remarkably well across almost all categories) is laughable. And they both still stand up as world class institutions.

Were I in Texas I'd happily treat at any TMC facility I suppose. But I'm not, and I will happily treat at UCSF or Stanford if I need to. /crosses fingers.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Last Null you say you don't care that some CA hospitals have 3rd world standards? ...
That would be correct. I don't. Most of what today's fantastic allopathic medicine is all about is taking gobs of money from people for diagnosing and treating symptoms of poor lifestyle habits. Learn to live in a cooperative concert with what we are naturally given to be, and voila! Most medicine is unnecessary. The fancier-schmantzier our medical facilities, the more encouragement to indulge in living stupid. It attracts people and lifestyles I don't care to be around much.

And, speaking of "third-world" medical facilities / standards ... I asked you earlier what third-world countries you have been to and reviewed medical facilities and standards. You never answered.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:02 AM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times
As someone who currently lives in the lone star state, I can say good for the California Gov. Rick Perry is a man who is not to be trusted. For instance, the man is toll-road happy. He and his administration have created numerous toll roads in the Austin and Houston areas without the consent of the locals.

It has been speculated that he has done this due to the fact that Austin is the "bluest" city in Texas. Personally, I believe it. Yes Texas' economy is doing fairly well, but it is NOT because of Rick Perry.

The fact that Perry is trying to poach jobs from California confirms to me what kind of man he is: A dirtbag who is trying to make a pathetic last ditch effort to try and get a 4th term as governor of TX, which IMHO, isn't going to happen.

I personally want to see California's economy get better and not because I plan on moving back there soon!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
I personally want to see California's economy get better and not because I plan on moving back there soon!
We got a little good news here in CA when revenues went up 4 billion unexpectedly.

California gets unexpected $4.3 billion in January revenue - Sacramento Business Journal

Just noticed that when I decided to look into OT's data and found he uses old news.

I was shocked and saddened that he didn't use the most current information available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California