Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Holy cow. This might not be a hospital but it's pretty bad and it happened in a Texas lab.

Yowwwch.

Sunshine: Texas A&M University Violates Federal Law in Biodefense Lab Infection

Resulted in million dollar fines.
Nope not a hospital lab.

And I am glad you guys get a taste of how hard TX will come down on you when you are caught violating the law...no little slap on the wrist like they get over and over and over here.

Post something current 2007 get real. And keep the topic on Hospital Labs since they affect healthcare of humans.

I posted current CA hospital violations.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:21 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Ive never cared for Rick Perry, he's always seemed a bit dumb and a bit sleezy to me. The economy was in fine shape under Bush, long before Perry came to office and the state did fine through the recession in spite of Perry.

I dont like the poaching campaings by Perry one bit. It just doesnt sit right with me. If Texas is doing well, it will do well on its own and by the strength of its people not the governor.
I actually think the "poaching campaing" by Perry is pretty good and helpful, both to California and Texas.

In my view, competition often improves things, and in this case if Perry can convince a major company or two to move to Texas, perhaps California will either attempt to reciprocate or take another look at the environment that allowed a major economic loss to happen.

Complacency is never good, and shaking up things a bit can have some significant benefits.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
As for all these pages and pages of hospital debates, much more interesting than irrigation....

Anyway, Ive never been treated at a major hospital (luckily havent needed too), but I'd be very fortunate to be treated at TMC, Baylor or Stanford, UCSF, UCLA etc etc. All fine institutions. I dont know that its been pointed out very well, that TMC is not a hospital, but a group of hospitals. They tend to cluster here, Ft Worth has a medical district with multiple hospitals and a great Childrens hospital as well.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I actually think the "poaching campaing" by Perry is pretty good and helpful, both to California and Texas.

In my view, competition often improves things, and in this case if Perry can convince a major company or two to move to Texas, perhaps California will either attempt to reciprocate or take another look at the environment that allowed a major economic loss to happen.

Complacency is never good, and shaking up things a bit can have some significant benefits.

I agree competition is good, but it just strikes me as kicking someone when theyre down. If California had done this to other states in the past, I would have thought the same thing.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Texas A&M seems to be a bit problematic:

Report finds major problems at A&M disease lab - Houston Chronicle

Takes a little bit to sort through 103 million hits on a "Texas lab fines" google search, I'm afraid.

And they seem to involve the CDC, which seems problematic to me.

I suggest a bit of marketing. Might get ya some work before they get cited. The proactive approach donchaknow.
Sorry it does not work like that...I can't afford weeks of unemployment waiting for a consulting gig.

Sorry you don't understand how it works.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
I agree competition is good, but it just strikes me as kicking someone where theyre down. If California had done this to other states in the past, I would have thought the same thing.
She only agree because it's happen to and not by CA.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:32 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,717,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Sorry it does not work like that...I can't afford weeks of unemployment waiting for a consulting gig.

Sorry you don't understand how it works.
That's why ya do the marketing. To avoid the unemployment.

Might actually be a market there for ya. Something simple like "Want to avoid fines for CLIA violations? Hire me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Nope not a hospital lab.

And I am glad you guys get a taste of how hard TX will come down on you when you are caught violating the law...no little slap on the wrist like they get over and over and over here.

Post something current 2007 get real. And keep the topic on Hospital Labs since they affect healthcare of humans.

I posted current CA hospital violations.
I do believe those fines were federal. Not state.

I like to mieander about. And those violations certainlycould have affected the health of humans, lol. Involving the CDC of all things...

Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I dont know that its been pointed out very well, that TMC is not a hospital, but a group of hospitals. They tend to cluster here, Ft Worth has a medical district with multiple hospitals and a great Childrens hospital as well.
Actually it has been pointed out. I posted umpteen links about the TMC. Heck if you just look at the rankings you don't see only one TMC hospital listed.

TMC is not just a group of Hospitals. It is a world renowned Medical Center. But all hospitals in the TMC ranked above both UCSF and Stanford overall.

There are 54 institutions not just a haphazard cluster...it was a well thought out plan.
These institutions include 15 renowned hospitals and two specialty institutions, three medical schools, six nursing schools, and schools of dentistry, public health, pharmacy, and virtually all health-related careers. It is where one of the first, and still the largest, air ambulance service was created; a very successful inter-institutional transplant program was developed; and more heart surgeries are performed than anywhere else in the world.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
I agree competition is good, but it just strikes me as kicking someone where theyre down. If California had done this to other states in the past, I would have thought the same thing.
Since businesses are independent entities and can be located anywhere, I disagree with you. After all, these companies are issuing quarterly financial reports and having their own performance critically evaluated multiple times throughout the year.

Perhaps 30 or 40 years I would have agreed with you, but things have significantly changed in the economic world. Please keep in mind how many new laws were issued by the California legislature last year, arguing for companies to be passive for awhile doesn't seem reasonable when we have such a dynamic economic environment.

The companies are in a daily competitive environment, they don't have the luxury of waiting for things to get better.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
That's why ya do the marketing. To avoid the unemployment.

Might actually be a market there for ya. Something simple like "Want to avoid fines for CLIA violations? Hire me!
I don't have to do marketing...my company does it for me!

Therefore I have no downtime in pay when I am not out on a consulting site.

There are plenty of CLIA consulting companies out there. I think it would be tough competition and lots of downtime without pay.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California