Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:58 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No one is putting In-N-Out in the same category with gourmet quality burgers...
I agree its a different category. I am speaking about best burgers 'in general' rather than simply limiting oneself to fast food only. The main reason for this is that I'd rather eat a quality burger or one I make myself over fast food burgers any day of the week. The same is true with pizza. Some may think Pizza Hut is the best if they never venture beyond fast food or attempt to make their own. Pizza Hut may be better than Little Ceasars, ok. It's a personal preference thing obviously. But once you try something better its hard to go back to IAO or think that it's really all that. This is why it seems overrated and overhyped to many. Being better than the Golden Arches or Burger King isn't really saying that much. Of course as always your taste buds may vary.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 07-19-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 02:58 PM

600 posts, read 824,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
There's something special about In N Out. I can't explain it, and it's probably just in my head, but whenever I eat In N Out and I take part in any type of sporting event or hiking on the same day, I feel like I have so much more energy over any other food that I eat.

Anyone else experience this? Or is it just me?

I feel very good whenever I eat In-N-Out burgers. Whenever I have eaten McDonald's I feel sick to my stomach. Im not sure if it is the seasoning or oil/grease, but I literally feel like puking.

I always feel refreshed after a burger, so I agree. I'm not sure if it is b/c the hamburgers are leaner but I do personally notice a difference.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
11 patties = kinda full????

I have a pretty big appetite lol. I should consider competitive eating. When I get hungry eating (2) Chipotle burritos or (2) foot longs of Subway are not out of the question.

I can still eat after two 4x4, but I usually leave it at that b/c it is adding up cost-wise.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:02 PM

So that huge burger is at Bay Pines at Monteray ? I bet I could eat that. It's free if you completely eat it ?

Old 07-19-2014, 03:07 PM

I've tried the Habit, and I think the hamburger itself was more expensive than In-N-Out and less food. I don't think the hamburger is bad, but I probably will not buy it again. If I am going to spend money, I want something that tastes reallly good, not just 'decent'.

I haven't had Five Guys before. I did have Rally's they had that back in Indiana. The fries were good, but it's like the Habit, not really looking to spend money on it.

I just get two 4x4 animal style with a cup of water to go. On the weekdays it's not bad, but on the weekends I try to go no later than 11:30pm or else it gets too busy. The restaurant fills up with too many people and the cars are completely wrapped around the building and it takes over 30 minutes to get food.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
I have a pretty big appetite lol. I should consider competitive eating. When I get hungry eating (2) Chipotle burritos or (2) foot longs of Subway are not out of the question.

I can still eat after two 4x4, but I usually leave it at that b/c it is adding up cost-wise.
That's why I showed you the 'Ship Sinker.' Though gross to some its a fun competition for those who are up to it. And it's not like you would eat a burger that size every day. In addition not everyone who does competitive eating is in bad shape or unhealthy. In fact check out Furious Pete in this video destroying the big burger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjtVqLLLR0

Old 07-19-2014, 03:18 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
To me personally, In-n-Out is the best fast food burger place. If you want a more upscale, gourmet burger, definitely try a place called The Curious Palate. They are good! They have a website, so you can look up their locations.

But, by far THE BEST, go to the Yard House & have their turkey burger...that's the best-tasting burger (beef or otherwise)!!! You won't even care that it's turkey it's so incredibly delicious & it's healthier. Tell me what you think about this one!

Here's my opinions about other burger places (in no particular order):

5 Guys Burgers & Fries - The next best fast food type burger place after In-n-Out. Some may say they're better than In-N-Out. I just think they're almost as good when you want a different flavor from In-n-Out.

Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design - More upscale, don't see what all the hoopla is about, but to be fair, I should give them one more chance. I only had their turkey burger & it wasn't anything special.

Jack in the Box - Their ultimate cheeseburger is pretty good.

Fatburger - Eh, don't see the hoopla.

McD's - I used to eat their quarter pounders w/ cheese more often in the past than now & they did have just a different consistency, so I believe you about the by-products that they're probably made of.

What I still have to try is a Kobe beef burger. They say it's very good.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
So that huge burger is at Bay Pines at Monteray ? I bet I could eat that. It's free if you completely eat it ?
Yes, Bay of Pines in Monterey offers the Ship Sinker free if you can eat it all. They have a great menu with a variety of things including a cool looking bar that sits in a pirate ship.

Bay of Pines - Monterey, CA | Yelp

Derek

Old 07-19-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
To me personally, In-n-Out is the best fast food burger place. If you want a more upscale, gourmet burger, definitely try a place called The Curious Palate. They are good! They have a website, so you can look up their locations.

But, by far THE BEST, go to the Yard House & have their turkey burger...that's the best-tasting burger (beef or otherwise)!!! You won't even care that it's turkey it's so incredibly delicious & it's healthier. Tell me what you think about this one!

Here's my opinions about other burger places (in no particular order):

5 Guys Burgers & Fries - The next best fast food type burger place after In-n-Out. Some may say they're better than In-N-Out. I just think they're almost as good when you want a different flavor from In-n-Out.

Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design - More upscale, don't see what all the hoopla is about, but to be fair, I should give them one more chance. I only had their turkey burger & it wasn't anything special.

Jack in the Box - Their ultimate cheeseburger is pretty good.

Fatburger - Eh, don't see the hoopla.

McD's - I used to eat their quarter pounders w/ cheese more often in the past than now & they did have just a different consistency, so I believe you about the by-products that they're probably made of.

What I still have to try is a Kobe beef burger. They say it's very good.

I'll have to try Yardhouse sometime. I was there last night and had some of their beer which was pretty good. I also have not tried Jack in the Box before. I don't recall seeing any of those chains in Indiana when I was there although I am familar with the restaurant.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

The Yard House looks really good after checking out their menu here - https://www.yardhouse.com/menus/burgers.aspx

Thanks for the tip.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California