Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,853,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
In-n-Out is consistently good because the ingredients are high quality and FRESH. In-n-outs are only built within a certain number of miles of their own distribution centers so that quality is not compromised. I currently don't live in a state with In-n-Out (a SoCal original) & haven't found any "fast food" places with anything comparable. When I go to CA to visit fam/friends, I always hit an In-n-Out...have never had a bad burger there. Miss it!
Try Habit if you come to CA... It's a California chain like INO.

Habit started in Santa Barabra, and INO in Baldwin Park.

All | Habit Burger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:09 AM

7 posts, read 7,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
In-n-Out is consistently good because the ingredients are high quality and FRESH. In-n-outs are only built within a certain number of miles of their own distribution centers so that quality is not compromised. I currently don't live in a state with In-n-Out (a SoCal original) & haven't found any "fast food" places with anything comparable. When I go to CA to visit fam/friends, I always hit an In-n-Out...have never had a bad burger there. Miss it!
It's the best - when my brother comes to visit we try and stop by one on the way home from the airpor!

Old 07-23-2014, 10:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I agree its a different category. I am speaking about best burgers 'in general' rather than simply limiting oneself to fast food only. The main reason for this is that I'd rather eat a quality burger or one I make myself over fast food burgers any day of the week. The same is true with pizza. Some may think Pizza Hut is the best if they never venture beyond fast food or attempt to make their own. Pizza Hut may be better than Little Ceasars, ok. It's a personal preference thing obviously. But once you try something better its hard to go back to IAO or think that it's really all that. This is why it seems overrated and overhyped to many. Being better than the Golden Arches or Burger King isn't really saying that much. Of course as always your taste buds may vary.

Derek
You are missing the point, but oh well, keep on, you might convince a few people you are right. To you it is over rated, to a very few others, but we are talking about value and value can be measured in many ways. No one is saying, I&O is the best out there; it is the best for the buck. I have eaten burgers all over the country and in a few other countries: I have had $10 ones and $1.00 ones. I have no trouble, when I just want my burger fix to enjoy an I&O when I am near where they can be found. I am not crazy over paying $10 for one. If I am going to pay over $5 for something, it will not be a burger.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,720 times
Living in Nashville now, I miss In-N-Out so much. However, I'm proud to say that some dude from California has opened an exact replica (well, basically exact) here and it's a haven for Californians seeking their fix. Nothing beats the real thing but almost the real thing helps a lot.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:38 PM

600 posts, read 825,246 times
The freshness is very noticible at In-N-Out. I've been to several diners before, and they also cook them fresh, but the meat does not taste fresh like In-N-Out does. There was a place back in Indiana that was pretty good that cooked very good burgers too. It was probably the closest to In-N-Out, however; it was a diner.

A lot of places just cook the burger, put some seasoning, then throw on toppings. Usually it tastes "ok", but nothing wild. That's actually how Fatburger was.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM

Tried Five Guys burger today. It was pretty good and I'd put it there with The Habit. The meat was leaner than Fatburger and tasted much better too, little dry though but not bad overall. I got the bacon cheeseburger regular with 1+ more meat patty. Despite the extra meat patty, I was not really full from the hamburger and it cost in excess of $10.

Moving on with my journey..............

Five Guys: 9/10

Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Our choice in burgers is like our choice in cars; we all have different opinions. I happen to like Fatburger, but after adding frys and a drink it is rather pricey. Five Guys good but also a bit pricey. In N Out certainly a good balance of quality and price, but imo a bit overated. Rather amused at how popular In N Out is among those that do not have one at home when seeing one for the first time.

The current August issue of Consumer Reports's lead article is rating the best fast foods places, not just burgers, but other foods as well. In burgers, Habit, which I have never had, was first, with INO and FG second and third. For some reason Fatbugers was not listed or rated. Among the mass market chains, McD's came in dead last. I happen to like Carl's Jr., the food is okay, and coupons which cut the cost way down, are widely distributed and easy to get.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,806,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Try Habit if you come to CA... It's a California chain like INO.

Habit started in Santa Barabra, and INO in Baldwin Park.

All | Habit Burger
I love INO. Habit is a close and respectable second; I especially love their teriyaki/pineapple burger and sweet potato fries.

Can't go wrong with either.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 PM

61 posts, read 99,704 times
oh man, it's hard to beat INO! In my town, the drive through is wrapped around the building everyday, for most of the day. We need a second location, its just that good. The first time I had animal fries, I cried. And I'm a total died in the wool health nut. The fact that I had my fries animal style remains a secret to this day.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thupermoon View Post
oh man, it's hard to beat INO! In my town, the drive through is wrapped around the building everyday, for most of the day. We need a second location, its just that good. The first time I had animal fries, I cried. And I'm a total died in the wool health nut. The fact that I had my fries animal style remains a secret to this day.

[solemn nod]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California