Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Are you twelve?
I know it is shocking for you in your Oakland paradise to imagine that we have countless Disney fans in SoCal (e.g. Gwen Stefani) who have passes and who go all the time. I personally know fans with year passes who enjoy going to Disney. They come in all colors, ages, genders, and sexual orientations. Imagine that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,756,714 times
I went with my aunt to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and it took us an hour and half on Sunday with no traffic. Camarillo saves me about an hour commuting to Disneyland.

Relatively speaking I know people from Vegas and Bakersfield that visit Dkaneyland As much as I do a year. I'd like to visit Disneyland four to five times a year.

I think wanting to be near Dland is a good reason to be in so cal. The food, music, entertainment like bands and parades, and not to mention the rides I think can appeal to ppl up to their 30s.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
I was living in Santa Barbara and recently moved to Camarillo. I thought living closer to Disneyland and living in a more populated area would mean I would make friends faster and life would be more fun. However, it seems I transferred to a worse office and I haven't made friends any faster. I guess I learned the grass isn't always greener of the other side.

I still think it's awesome living closer to Disneyland, but not having anyone around to go with stinks.

I guess I am young and don't know what I value. I left a work office that was like family to a competitive and chaotic office where everyone is new and no one likes each other. I left because I now have better room mates and I had two friends living in Camarillo. However, I only see them three times a week.

The more and more I think about it, I am not sure living closer to Disneyland is worth it.

How old are you? Why would an adult care about living near Disneyland? You didn't really move closer, moving to Torrance would have made you closer not Camarillo.

And work isn't about making friends, it's about paying the bills. Make friends by joining an activity you enjoy like a bike riding club.

But seriously, how many times a year can one go to Disneyland, it doesn't change that much. It's expensive(what is it now a $100 a person), you don't move to be near an amusement park.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I went with my aunt to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and it took us an hour and half on Sunday with no traffic. Camarillo saves me about an hour commuting to Disneyland.

Relatively speaking I know people from Vegas and Bakersfield that visit Dkaneyland As much as I do a year. I'd like to visit Disneyland four to five times a year.

I think wanting to be near Dland is a good reason to be in so cal. The food, music, entertainment like bands and parades, and not to mention the rides I think can appeal to ppl up to their 30s.

You do realize that these types of events can be found in Southern CA outside the gates of Mickey's house?

Not only that but they're more cost effective. You can attend music festivals, food festivals, and the only thing you pay for is eating and drinking. I have gone to two free concerts in the last month.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
[/b]

You do realize that these types of events can be found in Southern CA outside the gates of Mickey's house?

Not only that but they're more cost effective. You can attend music festivals, food festivals, and the only thing you pay for is eating and drinking. I have gone to two free concerts in the last month.
but none have a cartoon theme.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
How old are you? Why would an adult care about living near Disneyland? You didn't really move closer, moving to Torrance would have made you closer not Camarillo.

And work isn't about making friends, it's about paying the bills. Make friends by joining an activity you enjoy like a bike riding club.

But seriously, how many times a year can one go to Disneyland, it doesn't change that much. It's expensive(what is it now a $100 a person), you don't move to be near an amusement park.
Some people move so they can be closer to watch their sports team play. What diff is moving for entertainment make?

Camarillo is also closer to my parents and cheaper than long beach and oc area.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Mickey Mouse in divorce court....
The judge says, "So you want to divorce Minnie just because she is mentally deranged?" Mickey responds," I never said that she was mentally deranged. I said she was f***ing Goofy".

Old 12-01-2015, 06:20 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,274,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I know it is shocking for you in your Oakland paradise to imagine that we have countless Disney fans in SoCal (e.g. Gwen Stefani) who have passes and who go all the time. I personally know fans with year passes who enjoy going to Disney. They come in all colors, ages, genders, and sexual orientations. Imagine that.
Ok, but he's not even living anywhere close to Disneyland. He moved a mere 30 miles away from Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara! I could see justifying it if he lived somewhere in OC, but Camarillo? LMFAO. Maybe the reason nobody is taking him up on going is because it can take 2+ hours to get there. That's like moving from Oakland to Vallejo to be closer to Tahoe.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Some people move so they can be closer to watch their sports team play. What diff is moving for entertainment make?

Camarillo is also closer to my parents and cheaper than long beach and oc area.

If you moved to be closer to your parents OK, but IDK anyone who has ever moved to be closer to a sports team or an amusement park. Unless they worked at the sports arena or an amusement park. You don't base you whole life on access to a place you may go a few times a year.

Quote:
but none have a cartoon theme.

How old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Ok, but he's not even living anywhere close to Disneyland. He moved a mere 30 miles away from Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara! I could see justifying it if he lived somewhere in OC, but Camarillo? LMFAO. Maybe the reason nobody is taking him up on going is because it can take 2+ hours to get there. That's like moving from Oakland to Vallejo to be closer to Tahoe.

LOL exactly, it's like moving from LA to Fresno to because you want to be closer to Portland, OR. You still got a long way to go.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
::::sigh:::: I was at Disneyland at age eight or nine the weekend it opened (lived in Newport Beach) thanks to VIP passes. Then over the years I took dates there and, later, all my children (5 of them) in turn when they were old enough to enjoy it. The last two times I went were with a child and my ex in 1990 and with my current wife in 1996. That's enough! Sorry Walt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California