Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 07:06 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Here's the thing.

I'm not anti marijuana legalization. But I am very concerned about people driving while stoned. I remember back when I was a regular partaker of the weed. I could not drive while stoned!
I would stop at green lights, wonder what I should do at red lights and stop signs. Be so paranoid while I drove. And then finally get to my destination and not remember the drive there. It's like I just woke up after I parked.
Wait we are told weed has no negative impact on a person, so why ban it?
Humm, maybe the people saying that are ........ high on weed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 AM

387 posts, read 512,513 times
Coachella Valley will become the rising pot-culture capitol of California, wait no. The whole United States! The Desert Pot renaissance will outshine Denver's reputation as supreme green.

Essential California: Green rush is on in Desert Hot Springs - LA Times

Last edited by I Love Buildings; 05-10-2016 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 08:53 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
No you aren't told weed has no negative impact on a person. Any substance that alters perceptions will have consequences to functioning performance while the user is affected. And that is not denied. In fact, however, that obvious reality is also true for any number of other medicines and foods and ingestibles - including sugar, caffeine, nasal sprays, a cornucopia of pharmaceuticals, and even a variety of animal secretions and bites from toads to insects. In fact, the principle even applies to a very broad range of behaviors not associated with external or internal chemical applications - such as sexual excitement and release, endorphine highs from aggressive exercise, anger, infatuation, and more.

Road rage ring a bell?

The issue is degree of affectation. Quantity. Timing.

And long lasting physical / emotional damage.

In the case of pot there is some long-term downside potential. But it is not much on a relative scale compared to alcohol and many other drugs. It is definitely less than long-term effects of eating a diet high in sugars and carbohydrates. Diabetes ring a bell?

People have always enjoyed and even craved altering their physical and psychological states of perception. There's nothing new in any of this. Marijuana is one of the milder and most benign opportunities to "take a break" from reality.

Just don't drive and operate machinery when high. On anything. Duh.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No you aren't told weed has no negative impact on a person. Any substance that alters perceptions will have consequences to functioning performance while the user is affected. And that is not denied. In fact, however, that obvious reality is also true for any number of other medicines and foods and ingestibles - including sugar, caffeine, nasal sprays, a cornucopia of pharmaceuticals, and even a variety of animal secretions and bites from toads to insects. In fact, the principle even applies to a very broad range of behaviors not associated with external or internal chemical applications - such as sexual excitement and release, endorphine highs from aggressive exercise, anger, infatuation, and more.

Road rage ring a bell?

The issue is degree of affectation. Quantity. Timing.

And long lasting physical / emotional damage.

In the case of pot there is some long-term downside potential. But it is not much on a relative scale compared to alcohol and many other drugs. It is definitely less than long-term effects of eating a diet high in sugars and carbohydrates. Diabetes ring a bell?

People have always enjoyed and even craved altering their physical and psychological states of perception. There's nothing new in any of this. Marijuana is one of the milder and most benign opportunities to "take a break" from reality.

Just don't drive and operate machinery when high. On anything. Duh.
You finally got to my point.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You finally got to my point.
Well, expat. I don't think your point was limited at all to just the driving while stoned part. You said what you did facetiously. Indicating your disposition against legal pot.

And my point is no one should be driving under ANY kind of extreme influence. Including too much caffeine and anger. And definitely not while engaging in sex.

As for operating machinery, um, I guess I wouldn't extend that warning to include battery operated hand-held devices.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, expat. I don't think your point was limited at all to just the driving while stoned part. You said what you did facetiously. Indicating your disposition against legal pot.

And my point is no one should be driving under ANY kind of extreme influence. Including too much caffeine and anger. And definitely not while engaging in sex.

As for operating machinery, um, I guess I wouldn't extend that warning to include battery operated hand-held devices.
That was my point as well as I said to another poster.

I would disagree about even Battery operated devices. Could be painful to oneself and others.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:41 AM

1,485 posts, read 955,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Total bs. All growers know of breeding. And in the places where it is illegal there is zero regulation of strength or bad growing practices. Sorry, but your entire post is ridiculous.

"You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts"
Just based on my experience. I haven't smoked pot in every part of the world, have you?
I've also talked to quite a few who agree that the pot in states where it's illegal is different than in states where you can get it at a dispensary.

I've smoked it in CA and in my opinion it stinks when it burns and made me paranoid as hell over nothing. I've also smoked it back east in a state where it's illegal. The smell is sweet when it burns and the 'high' is relaxing. I'll take illegal stash any day over the "grown properly" stuff. Just my opinion. No facts.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:59 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,763,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Just based on my experience. I haven't smoked pot in every part of the world, have you?
I've also talked to quite a few who agree that the pot in states where it's illegal is different than in states where you can get it at a dispensary.

I've smoked it in CA and in my opinion it stinks when it burns and made me paranoid as hell over nothing. I've also smoked it back east in a state where it's illegal. The smell is sweet when it burns and the 'high' is relaxing. I'll take illegal stash any day over the "grown properly" stuff. Just my opinion. No facts.
It's all "grown properly" if it yields buds. You just have an extremely low tolerance. I however, do not and can smoke the highest potency strains without feeling any negative side affects (Unfortunately). You're also confusing Indica and Sativa as if they are new technology, when these are just different variations of the same plant that have been around for thousands of years.

Yes, nature made it...No, they are not putting super growth chemicals into your pot.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:49 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Who wants to order a pizza?

Old 05-13-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who wants to order a pizza?
Anchovies, please. Oh, and, uh, dude? Chocolate shake with, please? And whoa! Chips! Doritos! Maybe a box of old time Jujubees too, for later .....

Now, where are my 3-D specs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California