Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 03:00 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who wants to order a pizza?
Humm, sourdough, wood fired oven pizza, downtown S.B. farmers market in about 2 hours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 08:46 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
"When you vote on whether to legalize marijuana, public health consequences may not be at the top of your list. If they are, I'm here to tell you the experts have more questions than answers. That won't change before November."

If California legalizes marijuana, consumption will likely increase. But is that a bad thing? - LA Times

Old 05-16-2016, 10:57 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
My only concern is will this lead to more deaths on the highways and roads of CA? I'm assuming it is not nearly as debilitating as alcohol?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:27 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,723,995 times
Sorry to burst your bubble, but smoking marijuana is not healthy for you.

In fact, one joint of marijuana is equivalent to smoking 5-20 cigarettes, depending on how long it lasts and how deeply you inhale.

I believe in medical marijuana for patients with terminal cancer and other illnesses who are in intense pain, have little to no appetite and so forth.

However, I don't believe that people should be smoking anything on a regular basis, and that includes marijuana.

In addition to being poor for your overall health, despite fabricated reports that claim otherwise, marijuana is also a proven "gateway drug" for America's youth.

The consistent smoking of marijuana in adolescence is strongly correlated with a general decrease in the reactivity of brain dopamine reward centers later in adulthood. This means that early exposure to cannabinoids increases an individual's increased vulnerability to addiction of other substances of abuse later in life.

Besides, we don't to be promoting anything that's going to further detract from our breathing, especially here in California, which has consistently ranked dead-last in terms of air quality in the US for decades.

Living and breathing the air of Los Angeles, Bakersfield or San Bernardino is roughly equivalent to smoking one pack of cigarettes per day. Do you really want to make it harder for people to breath here?

IMO, that would be highly counterproductive to the strict measures that have been put in place over the years to reduce emissions, make cigarettes less available and move towards a less polluted atmospheric environment.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but smoking marijuana is not healthy for you.

In fact, one joint of marijuana is equivalent to smoking 5-20 cigarettes, depending on how long it lasts and how deeply you inhale.

I believe in medical marijuana for patients with terminal cancer and other illnesses who are in intense pain, have little to no appetite and so forth.

However, I don't believe that people should be smoking anything on a regular basis, and that includes marijuana.

In addition to being poor for your overall health, despite fabricated reports that claim otherwise, marijuana is also a proven "gateway drug" for America's youth.

The consistent smoking of marijuana in adolescence is strongly correlated with a general decrease in the reactivity of brain dopamine reward centers later in adulthood. This means that early exposure to cannabinoids increases an individual's increased vulnerability to addiction of other substances of abuse later in life.

Besides, we don't to be promoting anything that's going to further detract from our breathing, especially here in California, which has consistently ranked dead-last in terms of air quality in the US for decades.

Living and breathing the air of Los Angeles, Bakersfield or San Bernardino is roughly equivalent to smoking one pack of cigarettes per day. Do you really want to make it harder for people to breath here?

IMO, that would be highly counterproductive to the strict measures that have been put in place over the years to reduce emissions, make cigarettes less available and move towards a less polluted atmospheric environment.
Your ignorance is simply astounding.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:44 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,723,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your ignorance is simply astounding.
Because I think smoking marijuana is poor for your overall health and should not be advocated from a recreational standpoint?

Grow up, dude.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Because I think smoking marijuana is poor for your overall health and should not be advocated from a recreational standpoint?

Grow up, dude.
My odometer is very close to 70, dude. And marijuana DOES have a variety of health consequences if overused / misused regularly. The health consequences under conditions of misuse are quite modest by comparison to the health consequences of the average American's consumption of sugars, caffeine, salt, alcohol, nasal sprays, a cornucopia of pharmaceutical delights both physician prescribed and otherwise nefariously obtained. Your even common exposure to carbon monoxide, lead, fiberglass particles, household chemicals are also extremely bad for your health.

Studies have been done on all the above list. Every one demonstrates dangers conclusively. I know doctors, lawyers, artists, athletes, writers, mathematicians, scientists, psychologists, psychiatrists, dentists, engineers, as well as truck drivers, mechanics, carpenters, plumbers - who all smoke the demon weed and have for decades. All still functioning at alarmingly successful high levels of intellect.

We ARE all grown up. Which definition includes the intelligent application of rational analysis - as opposed to buying into lazy, hyperbolic hysteria founded in pseudo-moralistic ideologies.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 AM

8,344 posts, read 6,438,626 times
Kind of hard to argue for against the obvious but good try. I'll stick with common sense no matter how many left wing studies you manage to find.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Kind of hard to argue for against the obvious but good try. I'll stick with common sense no matter how many left wing studies you manage to find.
Lmao. "Left wing" studies, eh? Good for you Vega! You stick with tobacco and booze and infernal combustion exhaust since those are good old fashioned conservative approved scientifically guaranteed red-blooded American health habits! All your posts confirm how they support intellectual functioning too!

And now I think I'll hit the pipe a sec to continue my downward spiral.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:12 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
There's no need for a recreational pot use law in CA. It already exists with the medical pot law. Everyone knows the medical pot law is a recreational law with a difference name. Everyone who likes to smoke pot, gets a medical marijuana card and smokes all they want, when they want. Why do we need another law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California