Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:50 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
30 percent of the population will use
10 percent will be dedicated stoners
Most will suck off the rest of us through social welfare based upon my social welfare county stats
Duid will go up exponentially..already has..usually in conjunction with alcohol..
More on the job injuries..greater use of sick time..greater theft from employers ( Colorados stats)

But oh boy free for all stone on
Isn't that great... building a better society...nope...

Meanwhile ..
Mexican dope will still flow unabated..so murder support will continue for your high
Taxes realized won't exceed costs.. total social costs..but politicians will suck on any stream
Monsanto... Phillip Morris awaits... six joints thirty dollars.. non Monsanto seeds rendered gmo sterilized
Local control will still occur... MORE granny twelve plants laws.. and a whole slew of new stupid stoner behavior laws...
Duid roadside testing coming... duid mj convictions already tested with the ninth..more to come
We are already plowing under crops and letting fields be fallow for drought...and we can satisfy the thirst of dopers?... of a plant that isn't for sustenance of life... regardless if some of you think it is
Is this good for our country?

Obama has his dumbed down population...best social control money can buy

I forgot..tell me again?
Hi "officer" (officer of what is the question).

Statistics don't lie. People misuse them to tell specious stories.
"30% will use" is approximately correect (although, with legality and acceptance that % is certain to rise considerably over time).

But "10% will be dedicated stoners" is misleading. You use the "30%" figure as a total of population. Right. But you neglect to qualify that the "10%" is NOT of total population. It is 10% of those who use the drug.

Furthermore, that 10% figure of those who fall to misuse is the same rate at which we find other addiction problems for drinking alcohol. So what we are really looking at is that a small percentage of humanity has a psychological predisposition to fall into addictive dependency behaviors - whatever the substance they indulge. Which is too bad but not specific to pot.

Your favorite little diatribe also fails to recognize that as pot becomes legal, the balance of use over alcohol will increase somewhat. And the negative outcomes, body health, driving, etc. are FAR lower with pot as compared to alcohol. So the balance of costs to society will likely be slighty reduced, not increased.

Now, I know that you also disparage drinking alcohol. Goodie for you. But in moralizing against all forms of indulgence of altered states you are battling a natural human behavior that has existed as long as their have been primates and fermented berries and funny plants to eat.

Have a nice day "officer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 08:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
More laws for defective people who choose to flee reality

I know you have a real hard on over my involvement in writing and promoting..successfully I might add..granny twelve plant . It was overwhelmingly approved by the voters and has survived legal challenge. It was used by a number of California counties for their own restrictions. More will come..for when people get the full wiff of skunk weed behavior at ground level they end up not liking it

I expect marijuana to be legalized.. too much money...
My post and projection stands..i also think it is conservative

You have a nice day too 'mutt

Just wait ... we've been working behind the scenes tirelessly for new laws codifying future mj behavior. I've been working personally..unsuccessfully so far, for a 2 ngm duid limit... but... people are listening and support is growing...

I could care less about anyone reducing their braincells with their drug pursuits... the rub comes when it becomes public in any manner
Federal law and bui is very strict. USCG is always on patrol...captain of a vessel moored or underway still can get a duid...
Don't you agree?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-20-2016 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
More laws for defective people who choose to flee reality

I know you have a real hard on over my involvement in writing and promoting..successfully I might add..granny twelve plant . It was overwhelmingly approved by the voters and has survived legal challenge. It was used by a number of California counties for their own restrictions. More will come..for when people get the full wiff of skunk weed behavior at ground level they end up not liking it

I expect marijuana to be legalized.. too much money...
My post and projection stands..i also think it is conservative

You have a nice day too 'mutt
heh. You realize you have just characterized over 2/3's of the world's population as defective, right? Couldn't be that you are the anomaly, nah! But, perhaps the vast majority of population's enjoyment of mild, occasional escapism is actually exacerbated by them having to suffer the obnoxious faux moralism of those so ignorant around them?

I'm pretty sure the stiffie is yours nmo as you play obsessively with your favorite toy topic in your lonely closet.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Federal law and bui is very strict. USCG is always on patrol...captain of a vessel moored or underway still can get a duid...
Don't you agree?
I do agree. And, as a former service member who has spent countless hours at sea, I can say without qualification that I have never operated one minute under the influence of anything more intoxicationg than a burrito.

Your isolation in your tiny, blindered world, leaves you in astounding ignorance, as I repeatedly demonstrate in our exchanges. Perhaps if you were ever an actual peace officer as you fraudulently represent yourself, you wouldn't try so hard - um, to be hard.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:43 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,006 times
Reading thru this thread makes me wonder. Are all anti-recreational pot posters paranoid schizophrenic's. Ironic

Old 05-20-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Reading thru this thread makes me wonder. Are all anti-recreational pot posters paranoid schizophrenic's. Ironic
To be fair, plenty of people are against it who aren't nuts. And I can understand their concern and sense of caution. But SOME specific individuals *cough* ARE certifiable candidates for institutionalization.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
30 percent of the population will use
10 percent will be dedicated stoners
Wow! you just made that ^ up

13.6% of adults in Colorado use marijuana

1/3 of that number report using it daily (or about 4.5%)

Old 05-20-2016, 01:14 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Funny how most posts without a reference link seem to go that way.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think probably nmo was referring to the old statistic of how many people have tried marijuana. Used to be in the 1/3 range. Now risen to mid-40% levels. I gave him pass on that. Regular use, as in weekly to monthly population smoking, ranges. But most states survey it over 10%. Some as high as 17% such as in Wash. D.C. and Alaska.

The figure that is most significant relative to nmo's maniacal rantings is that only about 10% of users are - abusers. Which % falls right in with the % of population that abuses alcohol as well.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

I think probably nmo was referring to the old statistic of how many people have tried marijuana. Used to be in the 1/3 range. Now risen to mid-40% levels. I gave him pass on that. Regular use, as in weekly to monthly population smoking, ranges. But most states survey it over 10%. Some as high as 17% such as in Wash. D.C. and Alaska.

The figure that is most significant relative to nmo's maniacal rantings is that only about 10% of users are - abusers. Which % falls right in with the % of population that abuses alcohol as well.
but he didn't say "tried" he very clearly referenced the population which will use:

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post 30 percent of the population will use 10 percent will be dedicated stoners
And yes, the percent who will abuse is about 10%, but that is 10% of the population who uses, not 10% of the general population as he seemed to claim

(sorry to nit pick, but well...you know how I am)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California