Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:32 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
but he didn't say "tried" he very clearly referenced the population which will use:

And yes, the percent who will abuse is about 10%, but that is 10% of the population who uses, not 10% of the general population as he seemed to claim

(sorry to nit pick, but well...you know how I am)
Yes! I enjoy your nitpicking immensely and don't begrudge you in this case a bit Funny that someone other than me is calling nmo to specifics harder than me - while I leave him some slack

Right, about the % that abuse. And I did call him out on that one - because it is a glaring attempt to falsely manipulate stats to support a bullcrap narrative.

I gotta say, though, how greatly pleased I am to see nmo back posting. I thrive on his kind here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 06:11 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes! I enjoy your nitpicking immensely and don't begrudge you in this case a bit Funny that someone other than me is calling nmo to specifics harder than me - while I leave him some slack

Right, about the % that abuse. And I did call him out on that one - because it is a glaring attempt to falsely manipulate stats to support a bullcrap narrative.

I gotta say, though, how greatly pleased I am to see nmo back posting. I thrive on his kind here.
When I referenced population I meant the doper population...
Stats from Colorado show about ten percent of the users are classically addicted to mj.. smoke daily..several times a day and have a psychological addiction to mj..
You choose to make an inference.. incorrect ... but would fit a narrative I guess

About 1/3 of the general population will try mj if it becomes legal nationwide...sad in and of itself but not earth shattering by any measure. Humans seek all sorts of hedonism... some having greater effect upon the psyche and body.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding upon your part. There is no need to manipulate any stats... there's a bunch out there that are bunk... but my seat of the pants generally agrees with the above.

If you boat..don't take a toke.. zero tolerance for stoned vessel captains... as a coast guard crewman conducting vessel checks I was only too aware of bui boaters.. ocean going If I recall...which means all the nav rules apply...

So this brings up an interesting point.. when you are moored and tied to the dock ..not underway.. are you subject to nav rules... I know the answer... you might want to look it up...

Old 05-20-2016, 07:51 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
When I referenced population I meant the doper population...
Stats from Colorado show about ten percent of the users are classically addicted to mj.. smoke daily..several times a day and have a psychological addiction to mj..
You choose to make an inference.. incorrect ... but would fit a narrative I guess

About 1/3 of the general population will try mj if it becomes legal nationwide...sad in and of itself but not earth shattering by any measure. Humans seek all sorts of hedonism... some having greater effect upon the psyche and body.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding upon your part. There is no need to manipulate any stats... there's a bunch out there that are bunk... but my seat of the pants generally agrees with the above.

If you boat..don't take a toke.. zero tolerance for stoned vessel captains... as a coast guard crewman conducting vessel checks I was only too aware of bui boaters.. ocean going If I recall...which means all the nav rules apply...

So this brings up an interesting point.. when you are moored and tied to the dock ..not underway.. are you subject to nav rules... I know the answer... you might want to look it up...
Actually, your stats are still BS. Most recent polling shows that between 41% and 44% of the general population have already tried pot ... And growing. Not 1/3 "will" if legalized. And yes, about 10% of drinkers and pot smokers abuse their selected indulgences. It has always been so. Humans are, well, human. Who knew, eh? People are addicted to all kinds of things, nmo. Caffeine, tobacco, sugar, exercise, sex, legal pharmaceuticals, gambling, posting on internet forums - the list goes on and on. It's a very dark world we live in together, no, nmo? But, thankfully, we have you. A beacon of light in the soulless wilderness of perpetual night.

But don't try to deny your previous misuse of figures. Your backstroke sucks.

Listen, about me smoking dope on board my little boat at my dock. Lmfao. Yeah, you get your CG buddies to come find me and write me up. You're not a cop. Doubt you ever were. You are a police buff with a scanner in your POV. You weren't in the CG either. None of those guys would take you seriously for a second. Smoking dope is still technically illegal everywhere (without rx, which I don't have or need). So what. And don't forget to arm yourself with a standard for "stoned". That should be particularly interesting. See you at the dock with your posse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California