Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,413,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Almost every time I go shopping. Have a pile of those ten cent ones now that never seem to make their way back to the car. Such a P.I.T.A. and a ripoff. Stupid voters. If they'd wanted to ban plastic to protect the environment, fine. Bring back the free paper ones we used for decades prior to the advent of plastic bags. They worked fine, are from a renewable resource and are biodegradable. This whole thing was a scam by retailers to pocket a nickle or dime every other transaction (yes, they do get to keep the money).
They pocket the money and use this whole scam as Green PR to gullible customers and other adherents. We are SOOOOOOO Green. We are good. We are worthy of your business.

(Barrrrrfffffffffffffff! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 01:30 PM

4,614 posts, read 3,307,687 times
I have two "emergency" bags in my purse all the time. One folds up into a tiny little cloth bag no bigger than half an eyeglass case and really holds a HUGE amount. The other one hangs on the outside of my purse and looks like a little strawberry hanging there but opens up pretty big also. I have gotten lots of comments on my "strawberry."

Obviously this is not enough to do a big grocery shop, but it has saved me tens of times when I came out without bags and ended up buying something in a department store or whatever, and it will actually hold enough for a small grocery shop.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:23 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,529 times
I forget about as often as I need paper trash bags, so it all works out fine.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:13 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
I never take my old bag. My wife does not like to be called that.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:38 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I rarely remember to take them in even though I have some in my trunk and even more at the house.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I remember most of the time, but when I don't, I just use the bags from the fresh produce area.
LOL, I actually did this the other day in Walmart. I park a ways away from the store, walk a mile to the grocery section, realize I'd left my bags in the truck again... Planned on just buying a few things, including avocados, so I grab a few plastic bags from the produce section, put avocados in one, and when I do the self checkout, use the other free produce bags for my other items.

I've been working on my system. I have some hooks by the front door that I keep my keys and the dog leash on, so I've been hanging my empty grocery bags there. So, when I grab my keys to ever go to the truck, whether I'm going to go shopping or not, I grab the bags and throw them into the truck.

The problem is remembering to take them with me when I go into a store.

But, I'm not buying any more bags! So, if I end up in line at the checkout realizing I've forgotten my bags, I just move my cart out of the line, and go back out to the truck for my bags.

By the way, my favorite store-bought plastic bags so far are from Grocery Outlet. They're really nice and big :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California