Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Your arguments are what is normalizing the nationalist thinking in America today. You can't separate out the fact that most illegals are people of color, mainly Hispanic, especially in CA. The wall is anti Mexican, Central American illegal immigrants. I haven't heard any talk whatsoever about a wall on the Canadian border.

You may even have convinced yourself and each other that all you really care about is illegal immigration, no matter where they are coming from. But, I never hear anyone talking about illegal Canadian immigrants or Irish or even Russians.

Because of all of the above, the idea of not wanting any illegal immigrants in your ideal new state in California - is racist. Because the illegal immigrants you are talking about, are pretty much all Hispanic. You just can't argue it away saying it's only about being legal. So, I don't buy it.

Ironically, the illegals are at least working and paying taxes. Are you going to keep legal homeless Americans out of your state, too? They'll cost you a pretty penny and won't be paying into the system at all.
I really don’t care what you buy or don’t buy. The homeless argument is more nonsense. It’s LEGAL vs ILLEGAL that you can’t or won’t grasp. Of course homeless people who are legal residents can’t be made to leave. That’s a stupid argument.

Your thinking is warped but I suspect it’s on purpose. The racism accusations are a smokescreen to try to hide your racist views and/or distract from the real issues. It’s people of your ilk that are the real racists. Your blinded by your racism and hate and can’t see the truth. I pity you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 07:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
Your arguments are what is normalizing the nationalist thinking in America today. You can't separate out the fact that most illegals are people of color, mainly Hispanic, especially in CA. The wall is anti Mexican, Central American illegal immigrants. I haven't heard any talk whatsoever about a wall on the Canadian border.

You may even have convinced yourself and each other that all you really care about is illegal immigration, no matter where they are coming from. But, I never hear anyone talking about illegal Canadian immigrants or Irish or even Russians.

Because of all of the above, the idea of not wanting any illegal immigrants in your ideal new state in California - is racist. Because the illegal immigrants you are talking about, are pretty much all Hispanic. You just can't argue it away saying it's only about being legal. So, I don't buy it.

Ironically, the illegals are at least working and paying taxes. Are you going to keep legal homeless Americans out of your state, too? They'll cost you a pretty penny and won't be paying into the system at all.
This thread is about the reasons why people want to split up the state. The politicians pandering to illegals is one if those reasons. You're now turning this into a race issue which no one brought up, it's all in your head. It's a strawman.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:43 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I really don’t care what you buy or don’t buy. The homeless argument is more nonsense. It’s LEGAL vs ILLEGAL that you can’t or won’t grasp. Of course homeless people who are legal residents can’t be made to leave. That’s a stupid argument.

Your thinking is warped but I suspect it’s on purpose. The racism accusations are a smokescreen to try to hide your racist views and/or distract from the real issues. It’s people of your ilk that are the real racists. Your blinded by your racism and hate and can’t see the truth. I pity you.
Nope. I disagree. The real issue is racism by people who hide behind arguments of "simply" wanting to only live where everyone in CA is a legal citizen. This equals people that don't include hispanics. This is the real hate. My argument is that we should have compassion and an inclusive attitude towards everyone, so logic would dictate that hatred is nowhere near my point of view.

If your best argument is that you pity me, well then, I pity you.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
This thread is about the reasons why people want to split up the state. The politicians pandering to illegals is one if those reasons. You're now turning this into a race issue which no one brought up, it's all in your head. It's a strawman.
Nope. You can't talk about wanting to get rid of illegals, and wanting a wall - only with Mexico - without recognizing that race is involved. To think otherwise is to talk in an ignorant manner.

Again, this is where the danger lies. In this nationalistic "America First" rhetoric, and trying to argue that you aren't racist - but you don't want any illegals (while only wanting a wall built along the Mexican border) and you're talking about not wanting illegal immigrants in a new CA state (where 99.999 percent of illegals are hispanic), you're not fooling anyone but perhaps yourselves, that your real agenda is to discriminate against Hispanics.

This is the danger. This is how Hitler came into power. The propaganda that the problems were caused by the Jews. So, now it's the illegal aliens aka the Hispanics.

You're only falling victim to the rhetoric, if you really believe this is just about people who aren't legal aliens. Think about it. If that was the case, why aren't we building a wall at the Canadian border?

Before you just spew the party line rhetoric, just take a minute. Just take a minute. Think about it. Does it make sense? You're smarter than that.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Nope. You can't talk about wanting to get rid of illegals, and wanting a wall - only with Mexico - without recognizing that race is involved. To think otherwise is to talk in an ignorant manner.

Again, this is where the danger lies. In this nationalistic "America First" rhetoric, and trying to argue that you aren't racist - but you don't want any illegals (while only wanting a wall built along the Mexican border) and you're talking about not wanting illegal immigrants in a new CA state (where 99.999 percent of illegals are hispanic), you're not fooling anyone but perhaps yourselves, that your real agenda is to discriminate against Hispanics.

This is the danger. This is how Hitler came into power. The propaganda that the problems were caused by the Jews. So, now it's the illegal aliens aka the Hispanics.

You're only falling victim to the rhetoric, if you really believe this is just about people who aren't legal aliens. Think about it. If that was the case, why aren't we building a wall at the Canadian border?

Before you just spew the party line rhetoric, just take a minute. Just take a minute. Think about it. Does it make sense? You're smarter than that.
You must not be a working person. Mexicans and Hispanics are intertwined at every level of busines. Its unavoidable. A wall against the Mexican border has absolutely nothing to do with race. Really sad on your part.

I will acknowledge your asinine analogy to the Canadian border. If my kitchen sink sprung a leak, I'm not going to try and fix the sprinklers in my backyard.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You must not be a working person. Mexicans and Hispanics are intertwined at every level of busines. Its unavoidable. A wall against the Mexican border has absolutely nothing to do with race. Really sad on your part.

I will acknowledge your asinine analogy to the Canadian border. If my kitchen sink sprung a leak, I'm not going to try and fix the sprinklers in my backyard.
So, you're saying there are no illegal crossings at the Canadian border? Do you know how much unpopulated land there is on the Canadian side of the U.S.? How easy it would be to get across?

I know, because I used to own a house on the Canadian border - literally. My front yard was the railroad crossing where the train cars would couple to change how they needed to be configured for the different laws in Canada or the US.

I saw people walking back and forth across the border via the train tracks constantly.

Now, obviously, the Canadian border is not along any CA borders. But, those who talk about illegal aliens and wanting to create states where no illegal aliens are allowed, etc., are always also supporting the wall between Mexico and the US.

if you think there are no illegals coming into the US via the vast Canadian border, you're very much ignorant on the subject.

So, if you really care about illegals, no matter what race they are, you should be paying more attention to the leak in the kitchen sink.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
So, you're saying there are no illegal crossings at the Canadian border? Do you know how much unpopulated land there is on the Canadian side of the U.S.? How easy it would be to get across?

I know, because I used to own a house on the Canadian border - literally. My front yard was the railroad crossing where the train cars would couple to change how they needed to be configured for the different laws in Canada or the US.

I saw people walking back and forth across the border via the train tracks constantly.

Now, obviously, the Canadian border is not along any CA borders. But, those who talk about illegal aliens and wanting to create states where no illegal aliens are allowed, etc., are always also supporting the wall between Mexico and the US.

if you think there are no illegals coming into the US via the vast Canadian border, you're very much ignorant on the subject.

So, if you really care about illegals, no matter what race they are, you should be paying more attention to the leak in the kitchen sink.
Cool story but who knows what the heck you're talking about.

People against illegal immigration are not talking about races. Good luck in life guy, aka Kevin Leon.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Cool story but who knows what the heck you're talking about.

People against illegal immigration are not talking about races. Good luck in life guy, aka Kevin Leon.
Sure they are. They're just trying to convince themselves and everyone else that it's really about the law. What does Kevin Leon have to do with my personal opinion? And I'm not a guy.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Stupidest idea ever and it's not going anywhere.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Sure they are. They're just trying to convince themselves and everyone else that it's really about the law. What does Kevin Leon have to do with my personal opinion? And I'm not a guy.
It is because you say is...?

You're projecting and using strawman arguments. It's painfully obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California