Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
She is just a typical liberal like the ones in Sacramento that are destroying our state. Their arguments have no merit so they revert to playing the racist card.
You are welcome to speak to me personally. If the north's argument had no merit, why did they win against the south with regards to slavery?

You are all buying into the argument that the issue is undocumented workers, when it's really about discrimination.

Let me ask you this - how have any undocumented workers affected your life, personally? Are any of them keeping you from keeping your job? No, because they couldn't get a higher level position, even if they were educated with an advanced degree.

Statistics show that, other than any gang activity, undocumented hispanics commit less crimes than American citizens.

So, how do they negatively affect your life personally?

And the funny thing is, that even if they are undocumented, they often have a fake SSA number, and have taxes taken out of their paychecks, just like you - only they never use any of that money by taking out SSA benefits. They simply pay into the system, and take less out of it than American citizens.

Now, gang activity is something different. Obviously, if they commit a crime, they should be punished. But, the gangs are usually hurting the illegal alien population much more than anyone else, because they can't afford to call the police.

At any rate, hating on all undocumented immigrants is insanely unproductive. I can't even imagine how much it would cost for your lawn service in your new state, for one thing.

And the only Hispanics in your state left, will be the criminal gangs. And everything else will be more expensive, because employers will have to convince your elitist population to work at cleaning toilets, and mowing lawns, etc.

It's just ignorance and bad economics. You remove all of the cheapest labor, and what happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 12:05 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
There you go projecting your racist thoughts. When you exclude gangs your argument makes sense? Lol. By the way, majority of California is "minority". Santa Ana would be the safest city in Orange County (lol!). Study by UCR found that sanctuary cities experience the same amount of crime as anywhere else, which I actually think is questionable anyway.

The racism argument is an old and tired one, put that card back in your deck please and let's move on.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:39 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The racism argument is an old and tired one, put that card back in your deck please and let's move on.
That will never happen because the race card is all she has. That is so typical of the loony left.

Her comments are so absurd that they are laughable.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:09 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
The "people " of Ca have no say or vote here. The gas tax and the sanctuary city bs taught us that. For that reason this will never happen. A lot of us are just trying to survive living behind enemy lines till we can get out.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You are welcome to speak to me personally. If the north's argument had no merit, why did they win against the south with regards to slavery?

You are all buying into the argument that the issue is undocumented workers, when it's really about discrimination.

Let me ask you this - how have any undocumented workers affected your life, personally? Are any of them keeping you from keeping your job? No, because they couldn't get a higher level position, even if they were educated with an advanced degree.
Yes they drove me and others out of business. I owned a Landscape Construction Company as well as a landscaping /gardening company. The illegals worked for so little pay (way below minimum) and for too many hours that the bid from their employers would always be lower than mine, yet their profits were higher. I only used American citizens and many wanted to do the work. Ultimately I and others had to quit our businesses and lay of ... Americans.

I lost a business in CA due to illegals and the State doing NOTHING about the lousy pay and working conditions they had to endure. The Left would do absolutely nothing about it to this day. Mind you the right does not do much either. I was making a very good income, so the stupid argument about did they get a degree is asinine. They took jobs away from Americans paying very well; Note, starting pay was well above the minimum wage and they had vacation days, sick pay and on rainy days they still got paid as I was paid by the clients for the total work. The illegals did not get any of that, driving Americans out of nice paying jobs. Skilled Americans, who were then out of work.

The arrogant ideas that Americans should only do high paying work and illegals can do the low paying work, is an absolute form of Racism. Many Americans like doing something besides IT, medical, etc.. they enjoy working with the hands.

A friend who was in the mental health field got so ticked off at the arrogant and lousy doctors and nurses he had to work with in many hospitals, he looked for other work and learned how to paint houses and is still a house painter and loves it and makes good money. Another friend loves plumbing and has been doing it for quite a while and makes very good money. The idea illegals are only taking jobs Americans do not want is racist against ... illegals as though they can't do or are not intelligent enough to do better work. They are, the State just lets them be abused.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:49 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes they drove me and others out of business. I owned a Landscape Construction Company as well as a landscaping /gardening company. The illegals worked for so little pay (way below minimum) and for too many hours that the bid from their employers would always be lower than mine, yet their profits were higher. I only used American citizens and many wanted to do the work. Ultimately I and others had to quit our businesses and lay of ... Americans.

I lost a business in CA due to illegals and the State doing NOTHING about the lousy pay and working conditions they had to endure. The Left would do absolutely nothing about it to this day. Mind you the right does not do much either. I was making a very good income, so the stupid argument about did they get a degree is asinine. They took jobs away from Americans paying very well; Note, starting pay was well above the minimum wage and they had vacation days, sick pay and on rainy days they still got paid as I was paid by the clients for the total work. The illegals did not get any of that, driving Americans out of nice paying jobs. Skilled Americans, who were then out of work.

The arrogant ideas that Americans should only do high paying work and illegals can do the low paying work, is an absolute form of Racism. Many Americans like doing something besides IT, medical, etc.. they enjoy working with the hands.

A friend who was in the mental health field got so ticked off at the arrogant and lousy doctors and nurses he had to work with in many hospitals, he looked for other work and learned how to paint houses and is still a house painter and loves it and makes good money. Another friend loves plumbing and has been doing it for quite a while and makes very good money. The idea illegals are only taking jobs Americans do not want is racist against ... illegals as though they can't do or are not intelligent enough to do better work. They are, the State just lets them be abused.
That scenario is very true for a lot of blue collar small business owners in Ca. It happens all the time. Ask any construction worker/ handyman/ contractor

Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
That scenario is very true for a lot of blue collar small business owners in Ca. It happens all the time. Ask any construction worker/ handyman/ contractor
Oh, but Americans don't want to do those jobs, they are only for the poor illegals with no skills.

In effect saying the illegals (majority Hispanic as noted) are slow witted, stupid, not intelligent and only good for dirt poor jobs. Talk about racist.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Study by UCR found that sanctuary cities experience the same amount of crime as anywhere else, which I actually think is questionable anyway.
So, giving sanctuary to undocumented people does not increase crime.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

I have never said illegal aliens were not capable of high level work. I meet them all of the time - people who have advanced degrees in their home country, doctors, etc. I never said they are not capable of higher level work. Don't know where you got that.

I'm sorry you weren't able to compete with shysters. I'd be mad about that, too.

But, the hatred should not be against the illegals. It makes sense that they want to be here. If we simply made them legal, they could then compete fairly for the same jobs and not be victims of shysters. It would level the playing field for both workers and business owners.

I would have no problem with you reporting other businesses for hiring undocumented workers. If I was in your shoes, I would.

But, you shouldn't hate the undocumented victims.

And I think you misunderstand what racism is. If you are calling me a racist, you don't understand what racism is.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:24 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I have never said illegal aliens were not capable of high level work. I meet them all of the time - people who have advanced degrees in their home country, doctors, etc. I never said they are not capable of higher level work. Don't know where you got that.

I'm sorry you weren't able to compete with shysters. I'd be mad about that, too.

But, the hatred should not be against the illegals. It makes sense that they want to be here. If we simply made them legal, they could then compete fairly for the same jobs and not be victims of shysters. It would level the playing field for both workers and business owners.

I would have no problem with you reporting other businesses for hiring undocumented workers. If I was in your shoes, I would.

But, you shouldn't hate the undocumented victims.

And I think you misunderstand what racism is. If you are calling me a racist, you don't understand what racism is.
Illegal immigrants with advanced degrees? That is ridiculous. If they have degrees they would have no trouble immigrating legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California