Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 08:50 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,737,314 times

Advertisements

The retired judge makes 3.75 times more than the president of our country. Maybe, just maybe, the judge would be worth that kind of salary if he'd do an excellent job. That's not the case. He does a miserable job because 44 months after the fire more than half of the fire victims haven't got a single check yet and they are dealing with homelessness. The FVT is slowing down the process to keep getting excessive salaries for a crappy job. If Gavin had the balls he should fire the entire crew and get some IT professionals from India. They'd finish the distribution of the money in a few months for a fraction of the current cost and we could get on rebuilding our town, whatever is left of it. If we wouldn't be forced to deal with the PG&E stock the whole thing should have been finished a year ago.

Last edited by mgforshort; 06-22-2022 at 09:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 09:03 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
The retired judge makes 3.75 times more than the president of our country. Maybe, just maybe, the judge would be worth that kind of salary if he'd do an excellent job. That's not the case. He does a miserable job because 44 months after the fire more than half of the fire victims haven't got a single check yet and they are dealing with homelessness. The FVT is slowing down the process to keep getting excessive salaries for a crappy job. If Gavin had the balls he should fire the entire crew and get some IT professionals from India. They'd finish the job in a few months for a fraction of the current cost and we could get on rebuilding our town, whatever is left of it.
No more outsourcing of American jobs! And vetting and prioritizing fire victims for disaster relief isn't an IT job. There is NO WAY I'd put people from a country that runs second only to Nigeria for the numbers of scammers unleashed on the American public in charge of doling out disaster relief funds!

Old 06-22-2022, 09:23 PM

I hate outsourcing too. I tried to make a point that writing checks to deserving victims is not brain surgery. A dozen 19-year-old college geeks who are good with math, reading, analyzing data could have been done what the $ 125 K a month judge failed to accomplish with the numerous assistants ( how many on the payroll, do we know?)

Old 06-22-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I hate outsourcing too. I tried to make a point that writing checks to deserving victims is not brain surgery. A dozen 19-year-old college geeks who are good with math, reading, analyzing data could have been done what the $ 125 K a month judge failed to accomplish with the numerous assistants ( how many on the payroll, do we know?)
Yeah, more info needed, I agree. Keep us posted.

Old 07-19-2022, 08:34 AM

If you read this thread you are aware that on November 8th, 2018, out town of Paradise was devastated by a wildfire courtesy of PG&E. 90% of the homes burned down and 85 people died. Our little old house survived with some damage, and we spent 2 months in a small motel room until the evacuation was lifted. We'll be forever grateful for the town of Red Bluff for their hospitality during a time of need.

Insurance companies don't get much love in the media, but The Hartford wanted to send us checks for living expenses before we asked for it. Once we returned home they covered all damages, and even more. They treated us "above and beyond" which is a cliche today, but in our case it was true.

Anyway, our policy is due on September 1st every year, the house and 2 Hyundai cars; no Bugattis in this garage. The last 2-3 months before renewal we are always stressed, for two reasons: the cost could double, triple, or the coverage canceled entirely. So I check this morning, the renewal figures came in an email. Surprise, surprise.

Our total due went down from last year's by 9.3%. The coverage went up. It's like getting another bottle of wine for less. It is true that we are good customers, we don't demand much and we always pay in full a month early, but nevertheless, they have been very good to us.

What can I say. Thank You, Hartford.

Old 07-19-2022, 10:06 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,400 times
Quote:
If you read this thread you are aware that on November 8th, 2018, out town of Paradise was devastated by a wildfire courtesy of PG&E. 90% of the homes burned down and 85 people died. Our little old house survived with some damage, and we spent 2 months in a small motel room until the evacuation was lifted. We'll be forever grateful for the town of Red Bluff for their hospitality during a time of need.

Insurance companies don't get much love in the media, but The Hartford wanted to send us checks for living expenses before we asked for it. Once we returned home they covered all damages, and even more. They treated us "above and beyond" which is a cliche today, but in our case it was true.

Anyway, our policy is due on September 1st every year, the house and 2 Hyundai cars; no Bugattis in this garage. The last 2-3 months before renewal we are always stressed, for two reasons: the cost could double, triple, or the coverage canceled entirely. So I check this morning, the renewal figures came in an email. Surprise, surprise.

Our total due went down from last year's by 9.3%. The coverage went up. It's like getting another bottle of wine for less. It is true that we are good customers, we don't demand much and we always pay in full a month early, but nevertheless, they have been very good to us.

Glad to hear this.

Old 07-19-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Best PR the Hartford could ever get! It not only covered you more than expected, it's the gift that keeps on giving: lowered rates, more coverage! Unheard of! There's an important psychological element in this. As people struggle to overcome their trauma, the insurance company keeps on handing out pleasant surprises. That kind of service is worth its weight in gold.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:23 AM

Town of Paradise Building Permits
Building Permit Applications Received: 2,567
Homes Rebuilt: 1,657
Data as of November 2, 2022

View weekly recovery updates from the Town of Paradise. Posted here."

That is the latest on the four-year anniversary of the fire of 2018. PG&E is digging in, putting electric wires underground, and the other cables, AT&T, Xfinity, Comcast, gas, they are all part of the construction. We repave our roads at great expense, paint the yellow stripes, and 2 weeks later here comes the dozer to tear it up again. The Ukraine must have better roads, with the Russians, or not. Nevertheless, I'm happy to stay here in my last years. We got a noodle doodle puppy, and he makes me feel 10 years younger. Sleep? Who needs sleep ? As long as he won't pee in our bed I'll walk him all night. Thank you, dear little Randy. The Airedale hates him for waking him up and biting his tail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California