Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 09:57 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
29 non Communist states are opening up some today, 36 next week. A CA county at the north border is opening completely
Well, you know now so many choices for where you can find happiness then, eh? Bon Voyagies, Vega!

Old 05-02-2020, 12:41 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
29 non Communist states are opening up some today, 36 next week. A CA county at the north border is opening completely
linky linky???

Old 05-02-2020, 12:47 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
I recently ordered a new water pitcher and now I receive newsletters from the site. Normally, I delete them but this morning I read it and this one was pretty interesting. A blog, more than a newsletter, detailing how the country dealt with the 1918 flu epidemic. As much as people don't want to hear it, staying out of public is really the only way to stop this virus. Face masks do very little except give a false sense of security. But washing our hands works from transmitting the virus to our face.

While this isn't a national newspaper, the information contained is still pretty interesting.

https://mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/sc...49221780802826

Quote:
How San Francisco’s misplaced trust in masks failed their citizens

As the Spanish flu spread across the U.S., the health officials of San Francisco put their faith in face masks. Citizens were required to wear face masks when in public by law. They could be arrested or fined if they were caught not wearing a face mask. Since officials touted lower infection rates in October 1918, they mistakenly believed this was due to their strict adherence to face masks.
San Francisco residents celebrated surviving the second wave of the Spanish flu on November 21, 1918, by throwing away their face masks and opening public gathering places, such as movie theatres and businesses. Unfortunately, new cases of the flu appeared just two weeks later. The area was hit by the third wave of the Spanish flu in winter and “ended up suffering some of the highest death rates from Spanish flu nationwide.”
Like everyone else, I'm getting antsy, too. I'd love to be able to go out into public but, right now, I'll do my part and stay away. I can still get out, though. I live in an area with a lot of wide open space nearby and whenever I need a break, a drive to the hills is just the break I need.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:38 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
The only thing Newsom has successfully flattened is the California economy.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:22 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
The only thing Newsom has successfully flattened is the California economy.
As other state leaders have done, as well. But what would you have any of them do? Let things go along as usual or try to save lives by asking people to self-isolate? In your eyes money over people is a better way to live? You really can be obtuse at times, CR. smh

Old 05-02-2020, 03:27 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
As other state leaders have done, as well. But what would you have any of them do? Let things go along as usual or try to save lives by asking people to self-isolate? In your eyes money over people is a better way to live? You really can be obtuse at times, CR. smh
Not all states even did shelter in place order, many had much bigger exception to what is consider essential compare to California. Lastly many states are already reopening while California is still pretty much closed and even is closing more if we're to count Newsom order to close all beaches in OC

Old 05-02-2020, 03:40 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Is this why Gavin shutdown OC beaches? To save lives? People can’t go to the beach but they can pack in at Costco, Walmart, and Home Depot?

Someone is being obtuse here and it’s not me.

Think for yourself HereInMars, stop swallowing MSM propaganda. OC has had 45 deaths since they began tracking in Early March, far more people have died in OC due to traffic fatalities in the same time period. CoronaVirus has been a dem-panic created with political goals.

He’s not shutting down the economy to save lives, don’t fool yourself.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:41 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
No such thing as being “too obtuse” if you are trolling California to sell doom and gloom!

Old 05-02-2020, 05:36 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Not all states even did shelter in place order, many had much bigger exception to what is consider essential compare to California. Lastly many states are already reopening while California is still pretty much closed and even is closing more if we're to count Newsom order to close all beaches in OC
Which states never had a stay at home order?

Old 05-02-2020, 05:58 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Which states never had a stay at home order?
Arkansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, there might be few others as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California