Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 11:32 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
(b) All persons within the jurisdiction of this state are free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...&sectionNum=51

Sorry Charlie it has nothing to do with what that because in the face of a pandemic or medical emergency all your 'reasonable accommodation' rules go out the window

Quote:
DIRECT THREAT AND PANDEMIC INFLUENZA, COVID-19, AND OTHER PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCIES

Based on guidance of the CDC and public health authorities as of March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic meets the direct threat standard. The CDC and public health authorities have acknowledged community spread of COVID-19 in the United States and have issued precautions to slow the spread, such as significant restrictions on public gatherings. In addition, numerous state and local authorities have issued closure orders for businesses, entertainment and sport venues, and schools in order to avoid bringing people together in close quarters due to the risk of contagion. These facts manifestly support a finding that a significant risk of substantial harm would be posed by having someone with COVID-19, or symptoms of it, present in the workplace at the current time. At such time as the CDC and state/local public health authorities revise their assessment of the spread and severity of COVID-19, that could affect whether a direct threat still exists. https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/p...sabilities-act

Old 07-03-2020, 11:36 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sorry Charlie it has nothing to do with what that because in the face of a pandemic or medical emergency all your 'reasonable accommodation' rules go out the window
I will challenge it in court if i get a ticket. I have the resources to do that.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I will challenge it in court if i get a ticket. I have the resources to do that.
There is no right to a jury trial for an infraction, so you would have to convince the judge that you were right, but how can you do that? The court requires everyone in the building to wear a mask

Old 07-03-2020, 11:42 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,865 times
Quote:
There is no right to a jury trial for an infraction, so you would have to convince the judge that you were right, but how can you do that? The court requires everyone in the building to wear a mask
That's what a lawyer is for

Old 07-03-2020, 12:02 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
You would do well to attack the conclusion by presenting non anecdotal evidence of your own rather than claim that an economist can't analyze available data. It makes me wonder "who" would have to compile that data for you to not outright dismiss it. If you look at who contributed to the study you will find three work specifically in health economics.

Here are some of the covid studies done by economists: https://equitablegrowth.org/the-late...irus-pandemic/
My “own claim” is made based on what we’ve been told. It’s contagious, avoid large gatherings, wear masks and social distance. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that protesting checks all the marks.

And back to beach closures. Newsom closed beaches months ago because he saw large crowds. The beaches are closed now because they don’t want large crowds. But the large crowds of protesters weren’t a problem. Um, ok.

So like another poster said, the virus became sentient, is obviously sympathetic to the BLM movement and decided to back the protesters by avoiding infecting any of them. But, being a virus, it set its sights on bars, because hey, they’re not protesters. And just for good measure, the virus is hanging out at the beaches in case crowds show up. Unless they’re protesters of course, then it’s fine.

I don’t understand why people can’t admit that large crowds plus a contagious virus isn’t a problem other than political correctness.

The problem is both sides have politicized this whole thing. One side says they have the freedom not to wear masks. For the other side, it’s not politically correct to say protesting caused or contributed to a spike.

Both positions are ridiculous.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
My “own claim” is made based on what we’ve been told. It’s contagious, avoid large gatherings, wear masks and social distance. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that protesting checks all the marks.

And back to beach closures. Newsom closed beaches months ago because he saw large crowds. The beaches are closed now because they don’t want large crowds. But the large crowds of protesters weren’t a problem. Um, ok.

So like another poster said, the virus became sentient, is obviously sympathetic to the BLM movement and decided to back the protesters by avoiding infecting any of them. But, being a virus, it set its sights on bars, because hey, they’re not protesters. And just for good measure, the virus is hanging out at the beaches in case crowds show up. Unless they’re protesters of course, then it’s fine.

I don’t understand why people can’t admit that large crowds plus a contagious virus isn’t a problem other than political correctness.

The problem is both sides have politicized this whole thing. One side says they have the freedom not to wear masks. For the other side, it’s not politically correct to say protesting caused or contributed to a spike.

Both positions are ridiculous.
I disagree, I don't think that large crowds of people outdoors NOT wearing masks is safe. Here's why they closed the beaches here, people seem unable to just go rafting or have a good time with their close friends or family they are somehow compelled to tie all their rafts together and booze it up out of sight of the park rangers. I've never seen so many stupid people I think the average IQ here must be about 70. I'm not sure how you could look at that picture and claim that all large outdoor events are safe.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
The missing health piece of the puzzle probably is talking. Sunlight and moving around can lower risk from some infected people in crowds, but when there is much talking (or singing), there are more droplets. Beaches, daylight concerts, etc. therefore are significantly riskier than protests, popular bars the riskiest of all.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:26 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Means nothing, just a talk. I have anxiety when i put anything over my face. Under ADA i can't be required to cover my face
Again (and again and again and again) you have absolutely zero understanding of ADA law. Just saying you have anxiety won’t cover you for anything under ADA. Any condition claimed must have an individual assessment made by a licensed, qualified professional in a related field.

Any establishment or official can refuse your entry to anywhere and limit your activities, and law enforcement can issue you citations unless you provide legal proof of disability. If you actually have a verifiable disability you are not required to show proof if asked - except in court if you choose to contest any actions taken against you.

If you go to court without verification of disability, you will lose, pay fines and court costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Kind of like when you receive your jury summons or when you can't text while driving?
Lmfao

Old 07-03-2020, 12:27 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
people seem unable to just go rafting or have a good time with their close friends or family they are somehow compelled to tie all their rafts together and booze it up out of sight of the park rangers.
And even places without the booze....we received pictures and videos, etc, of friends' kids' and grandkids' graduation ceremonies with people cheering, packed into bleachers and on fields, some hugging each other; very few with masks.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:29 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
(b) All persons within the jurisdiction of this state are free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...&sectionNum=51

Again: got proof? If not, got funds to pay your fines and court costs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California