Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2023, 05:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times

Advertisements

I think we pretty much all have had the Covid and some didn’t even know it.
I know several that tested positive because they had to take the test for various reasons and they didn’t even know they were infected until the test told them they were.

I think every person I know that received the shot has tested positive after their shot.
I refer to it as a shot because I’m not comfortable calling it a vaccine.
Calling it a vaccine seems rather dishonest to me.

If memory serves me correctly there is a person here that was ok with the idea of putting the kids into a camp.
How can a person with such thoughts be taken seriously?
I dunno .

Old 02-19-2023, 05:33 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
At this point, some public school teachers would support the boarding school idea. Some parents do support it. The current setup does not work. It's based on wishful thinking or outright delusion. Teachers, students, and families are getting infected as a result. And remote learning rarely works well for kids. Separating kids from parents for a few months and letting them hang out safely with peers that they might like sounds worth considering. It would be optional, obviously. Many kids go away to summer camp (sleepaway version), and that's not considered bad for family bonds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I know several that tested positive because they had to take the test for various reasons and they didn’t even know they were infected until the test told them they were.

I think every person I know that received the shot has tested positive after their shot.

If memory serves me correctly there is a person here that was ok with the idea of putting the kids into a camp.
How can a person with such thoughts be taken seriously?
I dunno .
Separating families. Ya. Sure. Not gonna happen.

Old 02-19-2023, 06:47 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:

"Shot" is just a lay term for injection. Using it does not mean a vaccine is not a vaccine.

As of Dec 2022 about half the population had antibodies associated with infection. I cannot find an update since then.

Old 02-19-2023, 09:15 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
A couple of you need to check your dock lines because the new reality is back to normal. Your vessel is half way across the lake and you haven't noticed.

There will be no more forced masking or vaccines related to covid.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:02 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
I have received 2 emails from my employer offering me a large cash incentive to get up to date on my booster shots.
They were offers of $3,000 to get up to date.
This is astounding. It's been well known for over a year that the vaccinations don't reduce transmission of the virus. What is their reasoning? While the vaccinations help reduce serious illness and possible hospitalization, I can't imagine that your company's motive is to protect the vaccinated employee.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:10 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,559,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
This is astounding. It's been well known for over a year that the vaccinations don't reduce transmission of the virus. What is their reasoning? While the vaccinations help reduce serious illness and possible hospitalization, I can't imagine that your company's motive is to protect the vaccinated employee.
It's marketing CA4Now. My company also gave an incentive on compensation. They know it's silly to require a single booster and nothing beyond that. But as long as they can tell the customers that all their employees are vaccinated, the people that are still freaked out by it will feel better. It's all about "checking the box".

Old 02-20-2023, 06:42 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
It's marketing CA4Now. My company also gave an incentive on compensation. They know it's silly to require a single booster and nothing beyond that. But as long as they can tell the customers that all their employees are vaccinated, the people that are still freaked out by it will feel better. It's all about "checking the box".
Interesting. We weren't allowed to return to work unless we were vaccinated, but that ended around late 2021/early 2022, with the spread of the Omicron variants.

Old 02-20-2023, 09:02 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
Companies probably are continuing to urge or require vaccines because unvaccinated people are hit harder by the virus, missing more time and requiring more healthcare resources (often from insurance funded by those employers). Plus, as vaguely indicated, freshly vaccinated people probably are much less likely to be infected for about the first 3 months.

Old 02-20-2023, 09:37 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
Today's heart and brain damage news report:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-cau...150000401.html

I am talking at least as much population-level damage as individual risk. Most people's lives won't be ruined (same was true during polio). But eventually, if the virus isn't contained, if the public doesn't even push government to contain it, and reckless behavior like it's 2019 continues, most people will know someone whose life has been permanently harmed due to infection. Already, if people were being frank, they'd have to admit that they or individuals close to them have been getting sick more often or more intensely than before the pandemic. Play stupid games (leaving well-being up to luck), win stupid prizes, and how dare you attack me for telling the truth and urging caution.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:00 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Anyone remember when the governor rolled out the "Vax for the Win" program in 2021? I do. It was just another waste of taxpayer money, imo. Vaccinated people still caught covid and still passed it along to others.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/05/27/go...ed-by-june-15/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California