Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2023, 08:11 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Not really, worse than Florida overall actually when it came to excess deaths.
Sorry; I thought you were referring to the virus's effect on children.

States Ranked by Age-Adjusted COVID Deaths:
https://www.bioinformaticscro.com/bl...-covid-deaths/

Old 02-10-2023, 09:51 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Sorry; I thought you were referring to the virus's effect on children.

States Ranked by Age-Adjusted COVID Deaths:
https://www.bioinformaticscro.com/bl...-covid-deaths/
I never said anything about virus deaths in my initial post, you're the one that brought it up. Even if I was you really think 299 per 100k and 285 is that significant of a difference?

Old 02-13-2023, 08:42 AM

Good news for California!

"The total number of coronavirus cases reported in California has topped 12 million.

That milestone — reached last week, according to data compiled by The Times — comes as California is seeing increased circulation of the Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5, which has been described as perhaps the most infectious strain of the coronavirus.

But in many respects, the pandemic picture remains relatively rosy, with newly reported infections declining and stabilizing in recent weeks. Hospitalizations have also ticked down to levels not seen since mid-November, indicating less strain on the healthcare system.

Modeling from the California Department of Public Health estimates that the spread of COVID-19 is probably decreasing statewide and has been for more than a month.

Despite its infectiousness, XBB.1.5 has not spawned a major spike in hospitalizations..."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...5-now-dominant

Old 02-13-2023, 05:38 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
More after effects due to the lockdowns, forced masking and fear media.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...cidal-behavior

Old 02-13-2023, 07:17 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,739,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

But I thought some people on this thread said that mental health was a non-issue?

Old 02-13-2023, 09:36 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,107,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Some children are out of school for more direct reasons, including having post-viral issues themselves or the risk to them or family members is deemed too high for them to be on campus.
Who are these “some children?” The only children not in school now dropped out when school went all virtual. All children are back in school. Very few wear masks even in leftist extreme areas like the Bay Area. The fact that nowhere reinstated masks this winter indicates they’re not coming back. Even Asian countries are dropping mask mandates.

FYI, my work recently had another round of Covid. Only the people that had it before in the last 2 years (easily 80%) didn’t get it. At this point I can count the people I know on one hand that haven’t had Covid. The few people I know that had Covid 2x+ had mild symptoms with no after effects.

The state doesn’t even have Covid sick leave anymore. Even China gave up when the government pushing their zero covid nonsense realized it might be overthrown in violent riots if it stayed course. Practically no city or country on Earth cares about Covid anymore.

Probably time to close the thread. If you were highly susceptible to this disease at this point you’re probably dead. The poor policy choices our government followed will have economic and educational reverberations for years to come however. Our rampant inflation now is tied heavily to government shutdowns coupled with money printing

Old 02-14-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Who are these “some children?” The only children not in school now dropped out when school went all virtual. All children are back in school.
It's not known where they all are. See post #12428 on this thread. "California alone showed over 150,000 missing students..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Probably time to close the thread. If you were highly susceptible to this disease at this point you’re probably dead.

Old 02-14-2023, 10:16 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:

Terrible what we did to our children over the course of the pandemic that will probably affect them for decades. And even after we quickly learned kids were at minimal risk and it was primarily older and/or unhealthy people we continued to "lean in" to policies that lead to this. And the COVID zealots will continue to justify the response and try to sweep under the rug the effects on our youth.

Old 02-14-2023, 12:42 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Terrible what we did to our children over the course of the pandemic that will probably affect them for decades. And even after we quickly learned kids were at minimal risk and it was primarily older and/or unhealthy people we continued to "lean in" to policies that lead to this. And the COVID zealots will continue to justify the response and try to sweep under the rug the effects on our youth.
We created an invisible boogey man. Fear media and politicians made the kids think if they didn't wear a mask 24/7 the invisible boogey man was going to get them. A large population are still scared to death. No matter where I travel I'll see one or two healthy looking folks wearing plastic gloves and a mask even while driving alone or walking outside.

We aren't going to recover from the mind screwing we all took for a while. Look at how many refuse to admit most of it was just plain wrong.

If anyone needs proof, go back to the start of this thread and start reading. It won't take long before you'll notice the fear and anger based on the lockdowns, forced masking and social interactions.

Old 02-14-2023, 01:20 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:

If anyone needs proof, go back to the start of this thread and start reading. It won't take long before you'll notice the fear and anger based on the lockdowns, forced masking and social interactions.
You're quite right, 1ATP, as are sav858 and njbiodude. I have more sympathy for the children than I do adults. They didn't know. They followed the rules and no one ever offered them guidance on how to deal with the stress. People like to think youngsters are mature enough to handle such things but they haven't fully developed yet and need a little help along the way. My heart goes out to them.

As for going back and re-reading the earlier posts in this thread .... who has that kind of time? Yikes! I guess if someone had nothing better to do, it would a good way to kill time. Not me. I'd rather watch paint dry. For the most part, it's over. People will continue to get sick and die just as they've done for thousands of years. Time to move forward. I hope our young people will soon recognize this and come out of the fog they've been forced to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California