Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2023, 11:38 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Interesting. We weren't allowed to return to work unless we were vaccinated, but that ended around late 2021/early 2022, with the spread of the Omicron variants.
They pulled that on us until last year and they dropped it. Some people they were threatening were planning to sue so they dropped the mandate.

Had I known I would have just faked my vax card and waited.

Old 02-20-2023, 11:49 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They pulled that on us until last year and they dropped it. Some people they were threatening were planning to sue so they dropped the mandate.

Had I known I would have just faked my vax card and waited.
This reminds me. There was a guy who in the neighboring city who was making and selling fake vax cards. He sold one to an undercover officer and was arrested for it. This happened late 2020, I think. I haven't followed up on the case but now I'm wondering how it turned out. Wonder if the DA dropped the charges eventually or if had to serve time for it.

Old 02-20-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
This reminds me. There was a guy who in the neighboring city who was making and selling fake vax cards. He sold one to an undercover officer and was arrested for it. This happened late 2020, I think. I haven't followed up on the case but now I'm wondering how it turned out. Wonder if the DA dropped the charges eventually or if had to serve time for it.
That was happening all over. If you had a good printer it was easy.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:28 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,739,216 times
Quote:
I'm not vaccinated. I'm not boosted. And after learning of all the problems we've seen in the past three years, I can say with certainty that I made the best decision for me. For me! No one will ever tell me I made the wrong decision. So there.
I got three shots, but never got the bivalent (or whatever the most recent is called). I got Covid in August. I'm done with the vaccine for now. Too many questions circling. If I hear that it improves in the coming years, perhaps I'll reconsider, but seeing as the latest strain does not pose much of a threat, it's not worth it to me.

Old 02-20-2023, 02:25 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I got three shots, but never got the bivalent (or whatever the most recent is called). I got Covid in August. I'm done with the vaccine for now. Too many questions circling. If I hear that it improves in the coming years, perhaps I'll reconsider, but seeing as the latest strain does not pose much of a threat, it's not worth it to me.
Sorry to hear you contracted it. I imagine your symptoms weren't terribly severe as I've read plenty of information that the vaccine and boosters will minimize them.

I'm sure in the coming years, scientists will develop a vaccine that has good potential for a lesser chance of side effects. I've said this before but some people simply can't take the same thing everyone else does. Example: I can't take antibiotics. Horrible reactions to all of them except penicillin. Go figure.

I didn't like the rush on this, with so little testing. And it was a political firestorm, which I really dislike when it comes to medicine.

Hopefully, you won't catch it again and you won't have any ill-effects in the future. That's what I hope for everyone who took it. Life isn't great if you aren't feeling your best.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear you contracted it. I imagine your symptoms weren't terribly severe as I've read plenty of information that the vaccine and boosters will minimize them.

I'm sure in the coming years, scientists will develop a vaccine that has good potential for a lesser chance of side effects. I've said this before but some people simply can't take the same thing everyone else does. Example: I can't take antibiotics. Horrible reactions to all of them except penicillin. Go figure.

I didn't like the rush on this, with so little testing. And it was a political firestorm, which I really dislike when it comes to medicine.

Hopefully, you won't catch it again and you won't have any ill-effects in the future. That's what I hope for everyone who took it. Life isn't great if you aren't feeling your best.
Not that I've recovered from most of the vax side effects life is good.

Old 02-21-2023, 01:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mercks-co...115122797.html
If Paxlovid isn't "right for you," you are SOL. So much is being swept under the rug, per wishful thinking that modern medicine will stop the pandemic, even though it clearly isn't stopping anything except soon-after-infection emergencies in vaxxed Paxlovid patients.

Also, that highlights how unsafe some people are even if they're personally trying very hard to avoid the virus. Probably involved in many of the breakups being blamed on lockdown. Are functional people who aren't retirement age supposed to quit their jobs and live at home (probably in poverty) due to moderate risk to themselves or loved ones? Plus, many types of jobs that now are much worse to work in (health risks and other reasons) and not necessarily easy to leave for different opportunities that pay the bills.

As always, reality indicates the only way out is a broad range of methods to end the pandemic, government-led with active participation by the public.

Old 02-21-2023, 03:05 PM

I just got back from a pharmacy inside a major hospital here. Masks required. The only people wearing masks were front desk and some customers. Everyone working in the back had a chin diaper.

Yep, not going back to lockdowns and mandates if medical staff don't care.

Old 02-23-2023, 04:50 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,766 times
raise your hand if you were called a conspiracy theorist the last 3 years for saying natural immunity is better than vaccinations?

Quote:
Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds
The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal....ness-rcna71027

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...465-5/fulltext

of course this isnt anything new. people even remotely familiar with healthcare know natural immunity is always better than vaxxing but for some reason this was changed with covid. I mean we know why. How else would you get vaccine mandates through if a large portion of those required to get it already had a prior covid infection? They wouldn't be as open to it if the news pumped this info out in 2021

Old 02-23-2023, 09:15 AM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
raise your hand if you were called a conspiracy theorist the last 3 years for saying natural immunity is better than vaccinations?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal....ness-rcna71027

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...465-5/fulltext

of course this isnt anything new. people even remotely familiar with healthcare know natural immunity is always better than vaxxing but for some reason this was changed with covid. I mean we know why. How else would you get vaccine mandates through if a large portion of those required to get it already had a prior covid infection? They wouldn't be as open to it if the news pumped this info out in 2021
The best protection is a combination of immunity due to infection plus vaccination. Of course, getting infected carries the risk of serious illness, hospitalization, and potentially death, especially if unvaccinated.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-00124-y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California