Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 05:23 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,054,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
We consider it a Mediterranean climate.

https://www.weatherbase.com/weather/...tes+of+America

Dry Mediterranian, for sure!

Like Inland Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 07:02 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post
Where are the affordable areas of Southern California? Let's consider affordable to mean prices approaching national medians for rent or home values.
Don't make US look up the national medians for rent or home values.

It's your thread, so include the pertinent statistics, so we can answer with the least amount of effort per person.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:45 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post
Where are the affordable areas of Southern California?
In the ghetto.

Old 07-08-2020, 11:47 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Anything in Imperial County.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:56 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Inland empire, high desert, coachella valley, central valley, sacramento valley, are all highly populated and all have many thousands of homes priced around US median.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:02 PM

117 posts, read 80,809 times
Yes, well aware of the property tax situation, and sales tax (same as here 8%) no state income tax though.
We're simple middle class and yes we want a place in the hill country away from people around $250-$375 totally doable.
I'm tired of the ghetto bird, sirens, shootings, homeless people camped on sidewalks and behind local businesses.
Hepatitis outbreak in downtown San Diego last year, the homeless have destroyed our beautiful multi million dollar library.
I want more for my kids and family and it's not here in Lemon Grove, been here 23 years and it's only gone down not up like other areas North Park, Kensington, Hillcrest.
Once again the state is talking about modifying Prop 13, if that ever happens to residential homes you're all screwed tax wise.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:08 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDaver View Post
Yes, well aware of the property tax situation, and sales tax (same as here 8%) no state income tax though.
We're simple middle class and yes we want a place in the hill country away from people around $250-$375 totally doable.
I'm tired of the ghetto bird, sirens, shootings, homeless people camped on sidewalks and behind local businesses.
Hepatitis outbreak in downtown San Diego last year, the homeless have destroyed our beautiful multi million dollar library.
I want more for my kids and family and it's not here in Lemon Grove, been here 23 years and it's only gone down not up like other areas North Park, Kensington, Hillcrest.
Once again the state is talking about modifying Prop 13, if that ever happens to residential homes you're all screwed tax wise.
Nothing wrong with you wanting to move to Texas hill country, to find a cheaper house and get out of the rat race. I was merely pointing out that you were doing an Apples to Oranges comparison of CA vs TX. You're comparing a popular urban area of San Diego to a rural part of Texas hill country.

Nevertheless, congrats on taking $750k equity and I hope you enjoy your new home/life.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:06 PM

22 posts, read 7,914 times
Unfortunately we could not sustain our affordable life in California and had to move to Florida.
On a fixed income the bottom line is survival. Health insurance is a must; The retirement dream
is not always what it seems.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:22 PM

50 posts, read 72,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerbb View Post
Unfortunately we could not sustain our affordable life in California and had to move to Florida.
On a fixed income the bottom line is survival. Health insurance is a must; The retirement dream
Just curious... from where in Ca. to where in Fl.?

Have lived in both. Prefer SoCal for many reasons, but same story here... being priced out of SoCal.

Curious where in Fla. these days folks from SoCal find nice?

Haven't been back to Fl. in at least 2 decades.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:05 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,054,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerbb View Post
You could still be in Southern California if you wanted to be...maybe not in a beach city, but its still doable. I'm reading your posting history here and it paints sort of an awkward picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California