Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2023, 02:22 PM

26,754 posts, read 26,850,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Yep, plenty of those all over California.
And if you want to live in Fresno, median list price for a 2 BR, 2BA is $289,373k! Yowza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 02:32 PM

447 posts, read 203,386 times
a better question may be why does an OP question anything regarding California since they haven't posted since June 2021???

Old 01-17-2023, 06:58 PM

2,350 posts, read 856,230 times
The climate is the best in the United States. People are friendly. High cost of living exaggerated. Wild horses wouldnt drag me out of this State. Sure there are earthquakes now and again but looking at Florida and Texas with hurricanes and tornadoes and where many Californians have relocated to you can keep em

Old 01-17-2023, 07:02 PM

2,350 posts, read 856,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Yep, plenty of those all over California.
Oh yeah and buy a 3 bed 2 bath for 285,000.00 in Florida and watch it blown away in a hurricane

Old 01-17-2023, 07:54 PM

817 posts, read 630,286 times
A friend of mine loves California but he doesn't want to leave the Southern California beaches behind, so he's moving to Yuma where he can live way cheaper and just drive to San Diego to experience the beaches. I've never been much of a beach person, but I can see the appeal. Studies show people who live near the water and have access to beaches are happier and healthier than others. People are willing to pay an arm and a leg to live by the ocean, and with Southern California's perfect climate in addition to amazing beaches it's a huge draw for many people

Old 01-17-2023, 08:22 PM

612 posts, read 353,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I just looked up listings for a random city in southern California: Fullerton. Median listing price for a 2 BR, 2 BA: $505k.

These are usually absolute dumps.

I've been looking. You need $750k plus hoa for something decent

You can also drive to Santa Clarita or to Claremont and you'll save maybe $100k

Old 01-17-2023, 08:25 PM

612 posts, read 353,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
CA is a huge state, we have many other places to live, other than LA or SF, much cheaper too.

Unlike other states, rural exurb California is not dirt cheap

Albany NY or some suburb of Chicago can be quite cheap

But I drive to Riverside and it's $615k median. Even Bakersfield is $375k, higher than Houston or Dallas.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:13 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
A friend of mine loves California but he doesn't want to leave the Southern California beaches behind, so he's moving to Yuma where he can live way cheaper and just drive to San Diego to experience the beaches. I've never been much of a beach person, but I can see the appeal. Studies show people who live near the water and have access to beaches are happier and healthier than others. People are willing to pay an arm and a leg to live by the ocean, and with Southern California's perfect climate in addition to amazing beaches it's a huge draw for many people
3 hour drive to the beach is the same as a 3 hour flight. I don't get it. You can live as far as what, Kansas? With a three hour flight. Yuma has 120 degree heat in the summer and still cold winters.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:13 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,111,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumadyet View Post
Cost are the same everywhere. Gas here in Portland is so much less, however our property tax, on our little 1000sq ft old home is almost 6000 yes 6 thousand a year. and each year it goes up. it is 2 bedroom small and one bath. Crazy. We wont last here . thank god CA will let us back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Where is this "here" you are talking about where 2bd condos start at $800k?

Condos are always cheaper (in price) than single family residence. But in the long term, usually (but not always) more expensive when factoring in HOA dues and special assessments.

People always seems to think "CA" is LA and SF. There is EVERYTHING in CA. You want red necky MAGAville? You'll find it in CA. You want 4 seasons? You'll find it in CA. You want backwoods racist hillbilly towns? you'll find it in CA. You want hardcore ultra right wing conservative locals? You'll find it in CA. You want cowboy life, ranches and horses? CA has it.

The ill informed and ignorant to facts people who are NOT from or in CA, seem to think that we are all Pelosi, Newsome, BLM, green new deal loving Prius drivers who hate the second amendment. This is FAR FAR FAR from the truth. California will ALWAYS be a prime destination for people from all over the country and world.
My guess is Portland residents aren’t looking at moving to Barstow, King’s City or Eureka. Most moving would want a liberal city with lots of amenities. If you’re living in a hot dusty far inland commuter suburb hours from the ocean or interesting amenities it’s not worth living here imo. Florida or North Carolina would be in this posters budget and probably better options.

Yes much of those areas in those areas of CA are around the numbers I stated.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:30 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,187,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
3 hour drive to the beach is the same as a 3 hour flight. I don't get it. You can live as far as what, Kansas? With a three hour flight. Yuma has 120 degree heat in the summer and still cold winters.
It’s a 11/2 hour flight from Boise to the beach in OC. That’s practically a drive from Pasadena to Santa Monica beach in traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California