Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,056 times

Advertisements

How anyone could downgrade that area is beyond me. Great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,523 times
Been there, done that. Boring unless you are an avid cyclist or into drinking with a whole lot of people who only welcomes you if your bank account is upwards in the millions. Very very cliquish people. Lived there and sent my child to the Dunn School (very expensive private school in the area) but never felt accepted there. I was bored to tears and couldn't wait to leave. Never ever would I return to a town I would coin the most unfriendly town in America. I've lived in California, Texas, South Carolina and Washington State and by far, Santa Ynez was one of the prettiest but THE worst when it came to the people being decent, accepting, kind. They are the epitome of rude, intolerant, and down right unfriendly. Anyone who tells you otherwise will most likely be in the clique (the 1%ers or very religious). No room for any others there. They try to get to know you quickly but if you don't match up to their criteria, it's all over town and you are shunned. We are very normal people with normal jobs who make decent money and we aren't rednecks or blue collar, not that anything is wrong with that! We just are average folks. Take your chances. I'd say Solvang is much better but again, not much to do there so if you are thinking of moving there with kids, best thing to be involved in would be sports.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanhod View Post
Been there, done that. Boring unless you are an avid cyclist or into drinking with a whole lot of people who only welcomes you if your bank account is upwards in the millions. Very very cliquish people. Lived there and sent my child to the Dunn School (very expensive private school in the area) but never felt accepted there. I was bored to tears and couldn't wait to leave. Never ever would I return to a town I would coin the most unfriendly town in America. I've lived in California, Texas, South Carolina and Washington State and by far, Santa Ynez was one of the prettiest but THE worst when it came to the people being decent, accepting, kind. They are the epitome of rude, intolerant, and down right unfriendly. Anyone who tells you otherwise will most likely be in the clique (the 1%ers or very religious). No room for any others there. They try to get to know you quickly but if you don't match up to their criteria, it's all over town and you are shunned. We are very normal people with normal jobs who make decent money and we aren't rednecks or blue collar, not that anything is wrong with that! We just are average folks. Take your chances. I'd say Solvang is much better but again, not much to do there so if you are thinking of moving there with kids, best thing to be involved in would be sports.
So a couple drive into a new town and talk to a Realtor, they ask if the people in the town are friendly and outgoing. The Realtor asks how people were in the town they came from, and they cheerfully replied, that everyone was friendly and outgoing and really nice.
The Realtor told them that they would find people in their new town much the same.

So a couple drive into a new town and talk to a Realtor, they ask if the people in the town are friendly and outgoing. The Realtor asks how people were in the town they came from, and they gloomily replied, that everyone was cliquish and unfriendly.
The Realtor told them that they would find people in their new town much the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California