Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times

Advertisements

Those idiots in sacramento passed the state budget & it looks like californians are once again being screwed by ignorant & greedy politicians.State sales tax will jump to 8.75% (1 cent a dollar increase).That will add up cause its a xtra $1.00 per $100.00 dollars,$10.00 per 1k dollars,etc...The vehicle license fee is suppose to double.Personel income tax is to increase .25%.Their will be programs cut.The state workers will not be layed off & the unions own the govenor.

John & ken of KFI am 640,los angeles tell it like it is.They are on air from 3-7 pm mon-fri.Just checkout the KFI website.Looks like ca is going to be a more expensive state to live & visit then ever before.Might be a good time to move out of state now.OH...ca revenue last yr was 87 billion dollars & these morons kept spending & spending & now were paying for it...PATHETIC!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,958,940 times
Yeah! (Now open wallet and pull out cash, hand to Arnold!)

Old 02-21-2009, 01:16 AM

Actually the unions own ALL the politicians in sacramento.Arnold is a liar & should be ashamed of himself.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:27 PM

213 posts, read 745,142 times
What I hate is how people in other states blame us the people of CA & sterotype our whole race ( yes CA is a race of diverse people) they look for anything bad going on here & raise it 100 % & complain were the reason they have problems, they laugh & mock us. But we do elect our politicians so that is one reason to blame the CA race.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInSoCal View Post
What I hate is how people in other states blame us the people of CA & sterotype our whole race ( yes CA is a race of diverse people) they look for anything bad going on here & raise it 100 % & complain were the reason they have problems, they laugh & mock us. But we do elect our politicians so that is one reason to blame the CA race.
Californians are NOT a race. Hate to tell you that.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInSoCal View Post
Race has nothing to do with those rat bastards politicians in sacramento screwing us over once again.I DONT trust politicians....PERIOD!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 AM

125 posts, read 440,763 times
Look, how else is the Defecit supposed to be erased?

Cut Taxes!
Right?

No, then the Government is even in more debt!

the only way to erase debt is to generate more revenue, which means, higher taxes...

Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 AM

607 posts, read 2,369,592 times
Hey Newport, try this on for responsible government. STOP SPENDING LIKE DRUNKEN POLITICIONS! If you ever looked at reality, lowering taxes encourages money to flow...hence more revenues in the coffers. Raising taxes only squeezes revenues. Bottom line is that the government only knows how to spend!!!!! Doesn't matter how much money is raised, they will spend more. And remember, it's now their world and our world. And for all you in favor of more spending to cover all the programs both state and at the federal level, you pay for it out of your wallet if want and leave mine alone!!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBorn View Post

Cut Taxes!
Right?

the only way to erase debt is to generate more revenue, which means, higher taxes...
Raise taxes, people will start hoarding whatever money they can, instead of spending. There'll be less "revenue" coming in.

I've made some cuts... downgraded my satellite. If it wasn't for the fact the hills block my tv reception, I'd cut it out altogether. If I have to buy something new, I'm buying it out of state, through the internet. No more name brand anything. Cut my latte habit waaaayyyyy back, and buy a smaller size. Take lunch from home, no more going out. OUt for dinner only once a week. MOre thrift store shopping. I don't even buy dog food for the dogs. They're eating raw meat and bones diet, much cheaper for me. No frills for me or my home. Use the library, cancelled the Netflix.

And I don't buy a damn thing in LA county.

They won't be getting any extra taxes from me.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 AM

637 posts, read 3,237,804 times
Quote:
Quote:

Cut Taxes!
Right?

Lol; wrong. How about cutting the out of control spending??? Raising taxes means more people will be driven out of the state to seek refuge, which means even less revenue for the state.
Problem is there are too many takers and not enough depositers anymore.

For those who still care to read, this article hits on a lot of the issues.
Understanding California's Crisis | Newsweek Business | Newsweek.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California